ID, OR, WA

Bellevue M&G on Friday the 8th?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2010, 11:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Bellevue M&G on Friday the 8th?

I would like to have a M&G for those who are interested in an Eastside club ( to be expanded) to meet at Micheals Toyota in Bellevue some time this month. Maybe you would like to narrow down the time, like day or evening, weekday or weekend. We could ask for a conference room. There many fun things we could do together like racing, autocross, rallyes, picnics, shows, and concourse. Any one interested? This would be for a real PNW organization. 425-263-0204, Stan Donogh
Old 01-05-2010, 11:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Anyone want to meet on the Eastside?

We could have a meet and greet at Michaels Toyota in Bellevue. We could probably have a conference room. I would call them if there was any interest. This would be to form a club to be expanded to more than just the eastside but this would give us a place to start. The club could be for sanctioned racing, autocross, rallyes, picnics, dining out, and concourse. Of course racing would have different classes but we could all bo together like the BMW club. Is there any interest out there? Call Stan Donogh at 425-263-0204 or email me.
Old 01-05-2010, 11:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

]We could have a meet and greet at Michaels Toyota in Bellevue. We could probably have a conference room. I would call them if there was any interest. This would be to form a club to be expanded to more than just the eastside but this would give us a place to start. The club could be for sanctioned racing, autocross, rallyes, picnics, dining out, and concourse. Of course racing would have different classes but we could all go together like the BMW club. This would be a chance for some real organized fun. Is there any interest out there? If so, contact me. Call Stan Donogh at 425-263-0204 or email me.
Old 01-06-2010, 12:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

There is a Michaels Toyota M&G, it's first Friday of every month, 7:30/8pm. Drive around the back of the complex and inside the service garage...

No need to call them, there's already a meet there, and like I said, they let us drive inside the complex so it's really one of the nicer meets cause it's inside.
Old 01-06-2010, 03:16 AM
SL Member

Since The first Friday was New Years Day, will the M&G at Michaels Toyota be on the 8th? This is the closest M&G to Maple Valley.
Old 01-06-2010, 03:22 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member

^nope not this month.
Old 01-06-2010, 10:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i am down to do autocross/rally and.... karting too!!
woot woot sykart!
Old 01-06-2010, 10:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'll be heading to Tacoma this day, as that's the scheduled meet, next month though, first friday as scheduled, I'll be at Micheal's.
Old 01-10-2010, 06:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So is there a Scion meeting on February 5 at Michaels Toyota? It is the first Friday of the month. Will it be at 7:30 PM as usual? Do they know we are coming? Stan
Old 01-10-2010, 06:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sure is alot of talk about after market parts. Doesn't anybody know this does not equate to resale value? I once had an L88 Corvette,all factory, high resale value. I also han a Z30 Corvette in '72 buily br Motion Performance of New York. Many ZL1 part but some aftermarket parts too. Z30 small block faster than an L88 big block but stll no resale value. 20 grand was a lot for a car in 1972. Could have bought a Muira. Stan
Old 01-10-2010, 11:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by swdonogh
Sure is alot of talk about after market parts. Doesn't anybody know this does not equate to resale value? I once had an L88 Corvette,all factory, high resale value. I also han a Z30 Corvette in '72 buily br Motion Performance of New York. Many ZL1 part but some aftermarket parts too. Z30 small block faster than an L88 big block but stll no resale value. 20 grand was a lot for a car in 1972. Could have bought a Muira. Stan
resale isn't really a consideration in the circles around here.

not sure what to say, i have no plans to resell my car. but i'm a gear-head and i couldn't
put a market value on the work or time i have spent on my car.

i picked my car because it was a good fit for me, i liked its looks, and the price was good.
eventually i met other people who felt the same. but what i do to my car isn't for anyone else.

the time and sweat spent with friends, laughing having a blast is worth the trouble alone.
and i will drive it into the ground or murder it on the road before i give it up. and if someone
ever buys it it will be as is and on my terms.

no offense but if it isn't done for the love of doing it, its not a car worth mentioning even
with fancy engine work or 20k paint-jobs. and again i cant put a price on that hard work
even if other people feel the need to.

so yeah.....your either about the "build" or about the "bling". which is it?

some people have purchased legendary cars from people who are famous on these forums
for a fraction of what they are technically worth. but they will never attain the reputations
that have been built from the trouble it takes to make these machines what they are.

ultimately it depends on your perspective and point of view.
Old 01-11-2010, 12:01 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member

I will check w/ Josh Coutts (Scion manager @ Michael's Toyota/Scion) if we are ble to meet there this coming month.

As far as modding a Scion...well its deff not a Corvette or Porsche. If it was a special/ limited edition it might be slightly worth a regular one day 30 years down the road but knowing the value of compact import cars that are 20 years old (think vws, datsuns, etc.) I doubt it...we drive disposable import cars that are inexpensive to own & operate, just don't think there is going to be much of market for a stock Scion instead of a rarer import like a Integra type R, S2000, 350z, or even say a MG or an Alfa.
Old 01-11-2010, 12:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Bought my TC, not my Mommy and Daddy so I want it to be worth something when it's time to move on to my next TC. Mine is a 2006 with 56,000 miles on it so it will need replacing in 4 years and I don't want it to be worth 0. I try to put things in it that enhance the used value of the car. I have had Porsches and Ferraries that have actually gone up in value so it's hard to see it fall so fast in this economy. I think my leather and heated seats will keep the value up some. This is my everyday driver but I have the dealer take excellent care of it. We run synthetic oil in all my cars. I think the rear pedestal spoiler will add some value but I don't know about the front and rear LED smoked lights. Cars take such a beating these days no matter how nice you keep them. As for a 20g paint job, that's not what you get for your money. In 1972 you get a real track car you can drive on the street. I've seen 214 in my Porsche 934 and 192 in my Ferrari 512BBi and I like to get what I pay for. I just want a 2014 factory Scion I can a kiss off an M3 with and make it to Spokane in 2 1/2 hours again. Maybe we were different when we were 22 but we took our cars more seriously back then and it was only $18500 for a 75 Carrera. I did all my own work on the Corvettes but not on the Porsches. I even worked on my own Mangusta back then but no more. Some of us are not students. If I want a Turbo on my car I buy a turbochargrd car. Stan
Old 01-11-2010, 12:50 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member

K dude I don't think you get it. We've tried to be nice here but you insist on not posting in the correct threads and now have degraded to talking down to others. My question to you would be why are you against others modding their cars, and then do it yourself? You have contradicted youself now so many times its actually kinda frustrating/confusing. If you don't want to mod your car thats great but others do and you have no place to talk down to others on what they want to do or can/can't afford.
Old 01-11-2010, 12:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Bought my TC, not my Mommy and Daddy so I want it to be worth something when it's time to move on to my next TC. Mine is a 2006 with 56,000 miles on it so it will need replacing in 4 years and I don't want it to be worth 0. I try to put things in it that enhance the used value of the car. I have had Porsches and Ferraries that have actually gone up in value so it's hard to see it fall so fast in this economy. I think my leather and heated seats will keep the value up some. This is my everyday driver but I have the dealer take excellent care of it. We run synthetic oil in all my cars. I think the rear pedestal spoiler will add some value but I don't know about the front and rear LED smoked lights. Cars take such a beating these days no matter how nice you keep them. As for a 20g paint job, that's not what you get for your money. In 1972 you get a real track car you can drive on the street. I've seen 214 in my Porsche 934 and 192 in my Ferrari 512BBi and I like to get what I pay for. I just want a 2014 factory Scion I can a kiss off an M3 with and make it to Spokane in 2 1/2 hours again. Maybe we were different when we were 22 but we took our cars more seriously back then and it was only $18500 for a 75 Carrera. I did all my own work on the Corvettes but not on the Porsches. I even worked on my own Mangusta back then but no more. Some of us are not students. If I want a Turbo on my car I buy a turbochargrd car. Stan

^^ double postin lol, I just read this same exact message in the spotted thread. I like the fact that you are trying to get involved in the scion scene in the northwest but every post I've read from you, you're always bragging about something. Just sayin'

Erik I completely agree with you! I love modding my car, not to build value, but because it's my hobby! Everyone has the choice to do whatever they want to there car, regardless if anyone else cares, it's still your own car.
Old 01-11-2010, 01:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

Resale value? whats that? Not a car on here is ever going to fetch what the owner has in it, even if you keep it bone stock! But to most guys here, including me, our cars are priceless. We aren't modding them in hopes to get a few more dollars when we go to get rid of it. I know the economy has been rough, but how do you go from Porsches and ferraris to a Scion? And for alot of guys here, including me again!, $18,500 in TODAY'S dollars is alot for a car! It's great you want to get involved in the local Scion community, there is alot of cool people and fun events, but I think your going about it in the wrong way. I know your older and have been around cars a long time, but i'm sure even you could learn something from some of the guys on here, regardless of who paid for their car.
Old 01-11-2010, 01:45 AM
SL Member
Premium Member

Bought my TC, not my Mommy and Daddy
Bought my own car and did the work myself kthxbye.
Old 01-11-2010, 04:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I dint intend to make you angry, and my post wasn't meant to offend you. but for one i am paying
my car off as we speak. no cosign and no mommy purchase to be had.

so why so offensive? did i mention a trust fund or extra money or even my age

also some of us have had to get dirty to get what we want, i for one cant afford to take anything
to the dealership and for you to act like that's a bad thing just illustrates that you dont get anything
anyone has said.

the stark fact that i can do a lot more stuff with less money than most says a lot about me.

i really dont want to be construed as argumentative or even negative. but please dont come around
here amongst a group of friends and try to fling weight you do not have in this crowd.

and for the love of god please give us the opportunity to get to know you before you judge our
community and than try and LEAD it.

but seriously if you would like please show to a meet its always good to see new people.

no animosity and no strangeness, just people having fun talking cars and not ummmm cars.

Last edited by alienvictim; 01-11-2010 at 04:20 AM.
Old 01-11-2010, 04:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^ agreed. I posted something similar in the "Pacific Northwest owners CHECK-IN!" thread.
Old 01-11-2010, 04:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I don't want to seem like I'm beating a dead horse here, but Stan, it's one thing to try and help organize new events but totally ignoring our already set schedule and things we as a community enjoy is going to step on some boundaries a bit, lots of people here put a lot of work into getting these meets going and figuring out the logistics and getting the permissions and such.

It's great to want to do more, but we've had this schedule for about 2 years now and it's worked great to get people together to see each other on a more regular basis and giving people a choice of whether they want to make any particular drives or not.

Quick Reply: Bellevue M&G on Friday the 8th?