Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2006, 07:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: Big Brother?

Originally Posted by Racinkid13
Originally Posted by nwscionman
I got a "photo ticket" in the mail.... it looked like junk mail at first... I opened it up and found a nice color picture of my truck, even a second close up of my license plate.... $132... it read, go to this website and pay by a certain date and nothing will go on your record.... isn't this kinda wierd? Scary?
did i miss what the ticket was for? why you got it?
I was doing 33 in a residental zone... It was 12:38 in the afternoon, in lakewood off 108th? (the back way into Lakewood Town Center) I still had my XRunner and I must not have shifted into 2nd yet... I believe there is a private school close by... I am not arguing the fine... I still think it's creepy there is automation... I guess I just have to get over it.
Old 11-10-2006, 07:44 PM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah, 108th just before it meets Main and you turn north into the Towne Center is a school zone (20mph) that they sometimes target because of people speeding through there. That's St. Francis Cabrini school.

Tomas
Old 11-10-2006, 08:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Oh, i thought maybe it was bogus or something. Yeah, that are is touchy. Went to Clover Park. They seem to be a little.........high strung?........there.
Old 11-10-2006, 08:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If I had been drifting sideways, they wouldn't have been able to read my license (not that I would EVER do something stupid like that) besides, my Tundra has VSC... I didnt ever realize that was a school that kids attend during the week... I always thought it was some kind of mega Sunday school..
Old 11-11-2006, 01:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Tomas
No problem, Ira, got ya covered.
Thanks thats retarted still but yeah I guess its better just to pay BUT hahah there is always a but hahah me and my mom are both on the scions title so does that mean they suspend both of our lis.????
Old 11-11-2006, 04:20 AM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Depends on how exactly the ownership on the title is stated, Ira.

Tomas
Old 11-11-2006, 04:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

just pay the fine.
Old 11-11-2006, 04:43 AM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^^ What he said.

Tomas
Old 11-11-2006, 04:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

wow school zone is 20 for you guys?? its 25 here, and only when you can see kids present.
Old 11-11-2006, 04:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I already paid it... right away... I don't mess with the gubment.. Actually, I hate to say it, but I pay attention to speed limits a lot more now...
Old 11-11-2006, 08:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by rrimportracer
wow school zone is 20 for you guys?? its 25 here, and only when you can see kids present.
yeah... 20 here.... and some times even if kids are in class(out of sight) or weekend durring the school year cops will be jerks and give you at least warning or a ticket for going over 20 in a school zone....
Old 11-11-2006, 08:21 PM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah, there are different sign set-ups here.

Some have flashing amber lights that are on a timer, and the sign is "School Zone 20 MPH when flashing," others say "School Zone 20 MPH when children are present," others "School Zone 20 MPH between __AM and __PM," and some just say "School Zone 20 MPH."

I suspect there are other variations locally, too. As you can see, the last type applies 24/7...

Tomas
Old 11-12-2006, 12:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by Tomas
Yeah, there are different sign set-ups here.

Some have flashing amber lights that are on a timer, and the sign is "School Zone 20 MPH when flashing," others say "School Zone 20 MPH when children are present," others "School Zone 20 MPH between __AM and __PM," and some just say "School Zone 20 MPH."

I suspect there are other variations locally, too. As you can see, the last type applies 24/7...

Tomas
We have the huge signs that flash during School Zone hours. I followed a guy to his house the other day and yelled at him for going 45-50 through it around a blind corner when kids were present as the elementary school had just let out. He admitted he was speeding (he said 45) but said he could give a f**k. He was a new homeowner and I told him he was on notice and I know the president of his HOA board and that he would be reported. He begged for me not to but I told him he should slow down next time before he hurts or kills someone!
Old 11-12-2006, 09:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by mocascion
I'm actually a proponent of cameras at intersections and school zones. Up in my neighborhood we've been trying to lobby the city to have them because too many people, who are primarily just driving through our development, that speed and run lights/stop signs...even next to the elementary when school is getting in/out. There have been so many near accidents with kids and cars and soon I'm sure we'll here of a car/ped collision.

I follow the law and I think that people who run lights/stop signs/speed should be penalized in my neighborhood.
I almost ran one of the stop signs in your neighborhood. I was behind some other person and neither of us saw the stop sign until last minute. All the sudden they braked in front of me (probably about 1/4 into the intersection) and I had to brake real quick too. I don't know how we both missed it.

But I follow the law othern than a time like that,.. lol
Old 11-14-2006, 09:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by singleshot
screw em..

Take a picture of a $132.00 and send it back to them..

I actually heard a story about a guy who had the same problem he called the station to find out what in the hell the ticket was they told him it is a actuall ticket and he needed to pay it he got all ____y with the cops and he did send them a picture of the cash spread out on a table, it was a couple days later in the mail he got aother picture form the cops of a pair of hand cuffs , He paid the ticket
Old 11-18-2006, 11:57 PM

LOL to all of that. Great job Steve for paying the ticket, however I do aggree with you that it is kinda creepy.

Victor

Old 11-22-2006, 09:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I revisited the scene of the crime last weekend... THREE speed limit signs and a "Photo Enforced" sign as well as a couple of school zone signs thrown in... I could not find the actual camera though... I just need to pay better attention...
Old 11-22-2006, 09:58 PM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You were probably caught by their 'camera car' then. Lakewood has an older van that they park off the side of the street about a half block from where they tag you, with a fully automated radar/camera system in it. Some have said they have also run across a sedan with a similar setup. A setup like that in a residential neighborhood is essentially invisible.

They often park their radar/camera rig in areas where they've gotten complaints from the public...

Seems to be pretty effective, 'cause folks never know where they are going to be and never see someone else being stopped to warn them, but the 'ticket in the mail' gets their attention. Kinda sticks in the memory, and slows 'em down.

Tomas
Old 11-22-2006, 11:39 PM

I just noticed today that they installed one on 125th and Lake City way, so be careful everyone don't run the lights and don't speed

Old 11-23-2006, 01:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

honestly, it really HAS slowed me down... I am not an aggressive driver in general, I eitherr daydream or talk on my cell while driving and fail to pay attention to things like speed limits as a result but I have SEEN THE LIGHT!!! and shall REPENT!!!

Quick Reply: Big Brother?