Calling out toyota of kirkland

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 05:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

Thumbs down Calling out toyota of kirkland

Yes, you have driven me (no pun intended) to the point where I have to publicly call you out for your shenanigans.

Original complaint thread here:
https://www.scionlife.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=199703

Summary: Took my car into the service department in November 2010. The tech who worked on my car cut corners by documenting that he inspected my brakes when he really didn't. Service manager Doug admitted that the tech was trying to save some time and apologized for the error. That's it. Since then, I have:

1. Made my issues known to whoever from the dealership called for a after-visit survey. I was told management would call me - no one ever did.

2. Wrote a letter to Toyota/Scion corp, who did nothing but forward the letter on to the dealership.

3. Left 3 messages for Camille (Toyota of Kirkland customer relations) - she called me back once saying she or her boss would call or email me back to make arrangements to have my car re-examined at Michael's Toyota of Bellevue (per my request). That was on 2/22 - I have not received any emails or calls from her or anyone else at TOK.

I've given you guys 5 chances and 5 months to straighten this out - this is a load of donkey crap.

Bottom line - the techs at Toyota of Kirkland cut corners to rush through their service jobs. They falsify documentation to say they actually worked. The dealership may listen to complaints but will ultimately fail to act to correct them and make the customer happy. I strongly urge you against patronizing this dealership.
Old 04-28-2011, 07:21 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Song0330
Yes, you have driven me (no pun intended) to the point where I have to publicly call you out for your shenanigans.

Original complaint thread here:
https://www.scionlife.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=199703

Summary: Took my car into the service department in November 2010. The tech who worked on my car cut corners by documenting that he inspected my brakes when he really didn't. Service manager Doug admitted that the tech was trying to save some time and apologized for the error. That's it. Since then, I have:

1. Made my issues known to whoever from the dealership called for a after-visit survey. I was told management would call me - no one ever did.

2. Wrote a letter to Toyota/Scion corp, who did nothing but forward the letter on to the dealership.

3. Left 3 messages for Camille (Toyota of Kirkland customer relations) - she called me back once saying she or her boss would call or email me back to make arrangements to have my car re-examined at Michael's Toyota of Bellevue (per my request). That was on 2/22 - I have not received any emails or calls from her or anyone else at TOK.

I've given you guys 5 chances and 5 months to straighten this out - this is a load of donkey crap.

Bottom line - the techs at Toyota of Kirkland cut corners to rush through their service jobs. They falsify documentation to say they actually worked. The dealership may listen to complaints but will ultimately fail to act to correct them and make the customer happy. I strongly urge you against patronizing this dealership.
wow man i really feel for you. had similar problems when my parents got a GMC sanoma brand new for me to practice driving in and that thing constantly broke down. techs always said that nothing was wrong or they couldn't find anything wrong and yet we were there just about every other month. long story short, we sold that truck for a civic and that worked like a dream.
Old 04-28-2011, 07:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

This is reason why I DIY a lot of things more on the car. Funny how you can do a better job than someone at the dealer that cuts corners and they'll void warranty first chance.
Old 04-28-2011, 06:53 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Let me see if I can help at all.
Old 04-28-2011, 06:56 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

That sounds really strange that Camille didn't call you, is it alright if I get your number and have the General Manager call?
Old 04-28-2011, 08:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by AWDios
That sounds really strange that Camille didn't call you, is it alright if I get your number and have the General Manager call?
PM'ed you. Do you work for ToK?
Old 04-28-2011, 09:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm confused what your issue is.... you bought 2 brake pads, only installed one yourself, paid for a 60K service, found out they didn't inspect both brakes/didn't replace both brakes, got the attention of the service manager, got an apology, had no issues until you responded negatively to a followup call and now you're just waiting for somebody else to call to apologize again?
I understand your point, making sure ToK isn't falsifying documentation, but they didn't screw up your car, they weren't required to change both of your brakes, you can replace the second brake pad yourself if you wanted, I don't remember you saying they screwed up/didn't do the 60K service.
You got what you paid for and I'm sure you're plenty capable of replacing the other brake pad yourself. They didn't break anything. I'm sure your car has driven fine for the last 5 months, otherwise you would've brought it back and be posting about something else. As far as you know, the fault lies in one lazy employee and EVEN then there was no harm in cutting the little corner.

So.... why are you still stressing about this almost 6 months after the fact? I'm trying to understand....because if they WERE supposed to replace both brakes, why wouldn't they do it when the second tech inspected it? And if they weren't supposed to replace them, then what's wrong?
Old 04-28-2011, 10:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by AnotherDude
I'm confused what your issue is.... you bought 2 brake pads, only installed one yourself, paid for a 60K service, found out they didn't inspect both brakes/didn't replace both brakes, got the attention of the service manager, got an apology, had no issues until you responded negatively to a followup call and now you're just waiting for somebody else to call to apologize again?

I don't remember you saying they screwed up/didn't do the 60K service.
Proper inspection and documentation is part of any service at a certified dealership. The dealership has already admitted that the technician failed to properly inspect both brakes. By failing one aspect of the service, they have not performed the service (as a whole) as agreed.

Brake pad replacement was never an issue - that was something I never asked nor paid for, and is not what I'm talking about here.

Bottom line - I complained and asked for them to have the service re-done elsewhere, and have been waiting 5 months (continuously contacting them during that time) for them to respond. I'm not waiting for an apology, I'm waiting for action.
Old 04-28-2011, 10:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I see....so the first time, no matter whether or not they did the rest of the service correctly, because they did one part wrong you don't trust that they did the whole service right. Now you want them to have another place do the same service and have it be 100% correct instead of 98% correct.
I'm not trying to dog on you, just getting the facts straight.
Old 04-28-2011, 11:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by AnotherDude
I see....so the first time, no matter whether or not they did the rest of the service correctly, because they did one part wrong you don't trust that they did the whole service right. Now you want them to have another place do the same service and have it be 100% correct instead of 98% correct.
I'm not trying to dog on you, just getting the facts straight.
Yes, that is right. If one thing was overlooked, who's to say something else wasn't? Definitely not me - I am not a trained tech, and that's why I bring my car in for these inspections at major intervals.

In any case, as of a few minutes ago it is no longer an issue - Jim Roes, the GM of Toyota of Kirkland, stated he will be mailing me a full refund.
Old 04-29-2011, 10:59 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

glad it worked out!
Old 04-29-2011, 12:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

amazing what a little bad publicity will get done. Glad it got resolved, but shouldnt have to get to this point.
Old 04-29-2011, 04:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

$200 is $200. That's just pennies to the dealership anyway. It doesn't sound like this kind gesture will win you back as a customer though.
Old 04-30-2011, 04:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

Rumor has it because I had suede put on the roof of my tC that it voided my extended bumper to bumper warrenty when it was taken in to get the sunroof looked at........lets just say that dealership will not get my business ever again.....totally diferant dealership than Songs.....and honestly it happens,techs screw up.....that is why I jsut pray and work on my car myself with good friends....

Pretty sure all warrenties on EGplant are long voided lol....most of him is sitting in my livingroom with parts in the shed and dining room....some in the kids bedroom....there is some in the kitchen and probably a screw or two in the bathroom....lol
Old 04-30-2011, 10:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^What?! That's not even a moving part so that should not be an issue. The most they could do is not warranty the shades to keep the light out IMO. This is the kind of stuff that discourages me from going to the dealership, and def won't be the one that's couple of miles down the road, it's sad. I've been tempted to drive an hour to get work done if it need be, if I can DIY, I will though.

The the OP, good to see it's been resolved.
Old 04-30-2011, 03:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm still slightly confused on the issue. I can't understand why you paid for the service, to then go back and complain. If there was an issue at the time, you should have refused to pay/leave until the service was performed completely. It's like eating your entire meal before telling the server that it wasn't cooked right/cold. Kinda hard to fix after the fact.

I've never had issues there beyond their courtesy vehicle being 1.5 hrs late to pick me up. If you have serious issues, ask for Mike O'Brien (owner).
Old 05-01-2011, 05:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I had worse issues with Toyota of Bellevue..ill definitely never go back to that place..its amazing what one bad incident or tech will do to someone elses perception of a business..its funny my incident was regarding brakes and lies as well..you'd think if there going to lie to you they could at least get there story straight one way or another..
Old 05-01-2011, 05:18 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member

I simply don't take my car to the dealership. At least if I break it I know who's responsible and who's going to fix/pay for it without question...avoid this whole situation.
Old 05-01-2011, 05:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Unfortunately not everyone has a garage the tools or knowledge to fix everytjing so sometimes u have to rely on others and when u pay for something u expect it to be done right and atleast have them be honest...
Old 05-01-2011, 05:25 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member

I am very fortunate and willing to help out others by at least taking a look and either verifying what needs to be/what has been done...most of the time I do it for others

Quick Reply: Calling out toyota of kirkland