Old 05-16-2007, 02:35 PM
BCS
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Default car was stolen

Hmmmm...

I'm still just sitting here in dis-belief. So...my car was stolen last night. Not the s2000. No. My CRX.

I just....WHY?!?! It makes no sense. Here, I have this car that is worth MAYBE $500. The engine barely runs. The paint is crap. Litterally right around the corner is a Benz (albeit a C class, but still a benz), a G35, a 350z, and a bunch of other cars that are pretty nice. A single wheel on any of those cars are going to be worth more than my crx. Not that I want their stuff to get stolen. It just doesn't make sense.

Anyway, now I am sitting around the house waiting for the police to show up.

Good thing I took out my cd's last weekend. All of those would have been worth more than the car. And, I would have lost ALL of my Dave Matthews cd's. Then I would have been ____ED!!!

haha. Anyway, I am not at all worried about the car. I hope they total it. I just wanted to vent a little.
Old 05-16-2007, 03:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

that blows mud!! no matter what it is they jacked! it's just wrong!!!
Old 05-16-2007, 03:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

that right there is a sad reflection on America.... funny but sad.

Hope they total it and you get decent money for the rex.
Old 05-16-2007, 03:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

wow..that sux...
Old 05-16-2007, 04:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Where do you live out of curiosity? Was the car at your house?

It sucks to have anything stolen but especially something so big, its just shocking.
Old 05-16-2007, 04:25 PM
BCS
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I live in the Fairwood area, which is a little suburb of Renton.

So after the sheriff comes...around 8 or so, I'm getting ready to go to work. Not more than 10 minutes later, they call me back. They found it. 10 blocks away. So I drive over there to look at it. The window is down a little and the gas cap is open. The sheriff is like...I don't know if they tried to steal your gas or what. It starts up fine, the gas is there and it runs like the piece of crap that it is. The face plate to the cd player is sitting on the seat. It looks like they tried to steal the cd player, but couldn't for some reason. I don't know. It looks like they just tried to pry a screwdriver in there and pop it out, then just gave up.

The only thing that I can think of that is missing is the about $1.47 in change that was sitting in there. ha. That seems worth it. Now the car is only worth $13.53. hehe.

Anyway, the car is back. What a great way to spend the morning. Such a waste of time. At least total it or something. Make it worth my time.

BTW - Dustin, I saw you yesterday going into the bank in Federal Way. I was going to honk and yell at you, but you were already making your way inside.
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One

SL Member

Brian, I think I saw a silver tC driving around your block.....

J/K, lol

Sucks about the car
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One
SL Member

dang dude that sucks, sorry to hear it. well on a fun note if you get it back not totaled let me know im sure i can help you out. im just glad to hear it wasnt the s2k
Old 05-16-2007, 04:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Dumb kids. Funiest thing I see, is when someone tries to break into a car for the radio, and can't get it out (i.e. toyota pickup trucks) cause then they just wasted thier time.

I would check to see if your ignition is broke too.

They probably figured it had more in it then it did. I have seen CRXs get stolen and stripped. Hell, I think one of the car magazines had that happen. They found it with factory seats, no door panels, no engine or transmission and a factory bumper.
Old 05-16-2007, 07:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hi Brian, glad to hear you got your car back, is it a crx SI? Those get stolen all the time. The crx was probably easier to steal than the Benz or the other cars around you so unfortunately you were the easy target.
Old 05-16-2007, 07:36 PM
BCS
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Nope. It is a crx HF. The crappiest one they made. haha.
Old 05-16-2007, 07:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sorry for your loss, hope you get the insurance money for it.

Some ricer kids probably have it. Sorry, very few well done crx's (read: none) in my area. Most have fart cannon mufflers, two nice rims, two stock steelies, a miss fitting body kit, large wing, and primer.
Old 05-17-2007, 05:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Want to know why they stole it? Because they could.

I had my 1998 Civic stolen about five years ago. Nothing special. Yeah, it has some wheels and exhaust on it, but no swap; some body damage; etc.

What's amazing to me is that somone would risk a grand theft auto charge for some rims, an intake, or some change.

I'm glad you got it back, but it still sucks. I still have a 1998 Civic, and we've got a ton of theft deterrants on it.
Old 05-17-2007, 12:13 PM
SL Member

It's the worst feeling in the world... I had a truck stolen and totalled... I'm glad you got lucky and they found it...

You just are going to have to wire a tazer or something to the seat cushion.... yeah, they'd probably kill the car, but at least you got a decent jolt into them
Old 05-17-2007, 04:44 PM
BCS
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

hahaha. Good idea.

I was actually thinking of putting a note in the car saying something like...'This time, please total it.' hahaha.

I really don't care about the car. I've driven it twice in the last two months. (well...3 times I guess now). And that was just to make sure it still ran. I'll probably sell it soon. One of my friends is looking for a crx to build up, so i'll probably get rid of it.

Everyone keeps telling me to get an alarm or the club. It's not even worth it. I'm not that concerned with the car to where I feel I need to deter people from stealing it. I have nothing of value in the car, so it doesn't matter. =)
Old 05-17-2007, 05:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Thirty-Nine
What's amazing to me is that someone would risk a grand theft auto charge for some rims, an intake, or some change.
Actually in WA they will probably let you go, sad but true they don't prosecute most stolen vehicle cases when they find the person who took the car. One guy on the news a few months ago got caught stealing 15 cars and then they locked him up for 6 months.
Originally Posted by BCS
Everyone keeps telling me to get an alarm or the club. It's not even worth it. =)
Yah the alarm would probably be worth more than the car lol!
Old 05-17-2007, 05:07 PM

hey we could always turn it into an xA Brian. Then you would be back here on a regular basis. LOL just kidding I likeseeing you around, you don't stop by often enough. Oh and by the way..........I hate thieves, they really suck

Old 05-17-2007, 05:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

they probabaly stole the crx because they can chop it up and sell the parts to people who want them for more than the rest of the car is worth. also, probably much easier to steal an old crx than a s2k, g35, benz etc with their engine immobilizers and security systems. it still sucks, sorry man.
Old 05-17-2007, 06:37 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

that's so wierd. i work at nordstrom's in tacoma, and we had 3 honda's stolen within the last week ... hmm. and they all found it like a couple of blacks away. craziness.
Old 05-17-2007, 06:45 PM
SL Member

someone stole my grandma's 90 camry right in front of a church. she came out of the church and car was gone..... this happened 1-2 months ago, but the police still havent found it yet. they are so useless...... only knows how to give out tickets.......