Notices
Regional - Pacific Northwest
ID, OR, WA

Car Toys TRAFFIC JAM Car Show Series - $1000 Grand Prize!

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2009, 04:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

tough schedule for the summer....not going to be able to attend this show
Old 06-03-2009, 05:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

As much as I would like to try to place within the Scion category, I feel like it'll be impossible if I cannot attend the pre-show party. 30 points is more than 10% of the total 240 point scale. I can only speak for myself; however, I find it hard to contemplate how playing a few social games could place someone 30 points higher than someone spending quality time touching up a car.
Old 06-03-2009, 06:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

im gonna try to be there possible for both
Old 06-03-2009, 07:44 PM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

No reason to remove, really, folks have different opinions, and reasons for those opinions, and so long as they express them politely and respectfully (which these so far have been) there is no reason to remove those different opinions.

(I think people have gotten the idea, though, that some folks feel if it's a car show it's the cars that should determine the win, not party games, especially those not even taking place at the show.)

Moving on...

I hope those who attend the shows have a great time! :D
Old 06-03-2009, 08:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

removed.......forget what i said..
Old 06-03-2009, 11:53 PM
SL Member

Hey Everyone,

The pre-parties are intended to bring everyone together for a casual get together at the Car Toys tent sale. And as stated in official rules for the show (and in packets that will be sent to each registrant), EACH registered show vehicle gets an automatic 10 points for just showing up to the pre-party.

True, 30 points out of a 240 point scale might seem like a lot to some. But, you have to earn them. And if you just show up to the pre-parties to have some fun, you can negate those other points earned by one of your competitors and the difference is only 20 points if you dont earn any extra for yourself.

And, what if everyone got together and just enjoyed being around people that share in their hobby too? Couldnt hurt, right? ;) In the end, there is a big prize at stake and we want to make sure everyone has a chance to compete, make it exciting and also have it be about more than just trophies and prizes, but maybe also about getting together for a good time with other people like you.

Registration will be open very soon and spots are limited for the day of the car show in BOTH cities. We'll be sure to keep everyone posted. Any questions, feel free to e-mail info@teskedesign.com.
Old 06-04-2009, 12:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member
Scion Evolution

so your suggestion is for us to attend both the party & the car show w/ our vehicles?

i'll do my best to attend both the party ('cause it does sound fun) as well as the show (which I will be at)
Old 06-04-2009, 12:23 AM
SL Member

Originally Posted by ratcityrain
so your suggestion is for us to attend both the party & the car show w/ our vehicles?

i'll do my best to attend both the party ('cause it does sound fun) as well as the show (which I will be at)
Yeah, I'd say bring your car to both days for sure. If you want to keep the car under wraps before the show, I guess you can too. Those registered can present their paperwork at the pre-party for their automatic 10 points, so we suggest bringing out the car too as PAS will have a photographer shooting both days in each city too, so the more cars the better.
Old 06-04-2009, 12:53 AM
United Imports
Balliztik
SL Member

Originally Posted by MissBenilda
im going to the Seattle one with Andrea and probably some more SDG we're coming out of hiding this year lol
I think I will be rollin wit my girls for this one
Old 06-04-2009, 12:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One
SL Member

Matt first off, Thanks for the reply. Here are some thoughts to further expand on my statement earlier.

Originally Posted by Ekset
The pre-parties are intended to bring everyone together for a casual get together at the Car Toys tent sale. And as stated in official rules for the show (and in packets that will be sent to each registrant), EACH registered show vehicle gets an automatic 10 points for just showing up to the pre-party.
I am all for bringing people together but driving north two days, especially people coming from PDX to SEA or visa-versa. How is that justified?

True, 30 points out of a 240 point scale might seem like a lot to some. But, you have to earn them. And if you just show up to the pre-parties to have some fun, you can negate those other points earned by one of your competitors and the difference is only 20 points if you dont earn any extra for yourself.
Is this a car show or a game show? This sounds blurred. If I am going to go to a show I'll let my car speak for me. I know you believe in this Matt because I asked you at HIN Seattle in 2007 with the tC why you never hung a wheel or did a display. And you said it's a car show, the car should speak for itself.

And, what if everyone got together and just enjoyed being around people that share in their hobby too? Couldnt hurt, right? ;) In the end, there is a big prize at stake and we want to make sure everyone has a chance to compete, make it exciting and also have it be about more than just trophies and prizes, but maybe also about getting together for a good time with other people like you.
Agreed, I am all for GTG's. But make it a GTG not effecting the car show itself. Then it becomes blurred as I mentioned above. So the big grand prize of a feature is dependent on social activities not the car itself.

edited by kanchi
Old 06-04-2009, 02:01 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member

Either way, it sounds like a fun event! Car show, fun event, or both. Sounds like a bonus for the people that get there early and want to participate not in just the cars show.

Basically if you don't want to go don't...if you do the rules are clearly posted and everyone has a chance to win the same amount of points!
Old 06-05-2009, 08:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Kanchi
Either way, it sounds like a fun event! Car show, fun event, or both. Sounds like a bonus for the people that get there early and want to participate not in just the cars show.

Basically if you don't want to go don't...if you do the rules are clearly posted and everyone has a chance to win the same amount of points!
X2
Old 06-05-2009, 09:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member
Scion Evolution

ok i have it on my calendar now for both days in both cities - should be able to make it
Old 06-06-2009, 02:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

Sounds like a fun event,but we are gonna be headed south out of town more than likely on vacation........have fun guys........
Old 06-09-2009, 03:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I may just be able to make this one...
Old 06-10-2009, 05:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Pre-Registered for both shows!!!!
Old 06-10-2009, 05:07 PM
SL Member

Hey Everyone,

Just an update:

REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN FOR BOTH SHOWS!

Space is limited in both cities, so be sure to get your registration in early. Any questions, feel free to e-mail info@teskedesign.com.
Old 06-10-2009, 05:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I'm already pre-registered for both shows (you did get that Matt right?)
Old 06-10-2009, 06:07 PM
SL Member

Hey Shawn,

Yes, you are registered for both. You should have received a verification e-mail. If you didnt let me know.
Old 06-10-2009, 07:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Hey Shawn,

Yes, you are registered for both. You should have received a verification e-mail. If you didnt let me know.
Yup I do have the email.

Quick Reply: Car Toys TRAFFIC JAM Car Show Series - $1000 Grand Prize!