Notices
Regional - Pacific Northwest
ID, OR, WA

christmas fall out

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2006, 09:56 PM

Default christmas fall out

ok so I had a great time but I am so glad it is over now.

Was up at 6:00am and on the road by 7:00am to drive to Bremerton and have holiday breakfast and lunch with the inlaws, wich for the first time in four years was a lot of fun, they officially welcomed me to the family this year by giving me a fly fishing rod and fly tackle gear.

My Grandmother was an absolute pill all day. We finally fixed her a hot butter rum to calm her down a bit. About 3:00 pm finally told her that we would leave as soon as she finished her drink. So she downed the whole thing like taking a swift shot of wiskey. We get into the car to leave back to Seattle to head to my sisters house. And grandam pipes up with boy those people are crazy.

So back in the car now with a two hour drive to my sisters house. When we finally get there at 5:30 pm the house is full of screaming children all of them fighting for the same toy or gift. A few that really need a nap. Now we find out that my sister is fixing christmas tacos(which are nothing special,she just can't cook). So we help build a few gingerbread houses. My sister proceeds to give grandma two fully cover gingerbread houses with tons of candy on them, and a coffee cup with all these candys glued to sticks on them. And of course our response to that was it is a good thing her children are not small anymore because we would go out and buy the loudest toys you can find for her kids. So we continue to open gifts for all of the kids and my family. All hell is breaking loose becuase some of the kids feel a little on the light side of the gift chain from Keith and I. Grandma is now howling with her displeasure of the whole thing. For those of you who have not met Grandma she has the mentality of an eight year old. SO to add all of that to the triad of things now going on she starts to pick fights with the ten children that are there. And all mayhem insues.

Finally we get Grandma calmed down enough to get in the car and it is now 9:00 PM. We head home finally and get home around 9:15PM and we walk thorugh the door and Grandma goes off about the day and keeps telling me to shut up when I try and calm her down. Well we had friends staying over at the house to help out, and of course Grandma walks into the Family room and shouts at the top of her lungs, "WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE, I DON"T EVEN LIKE YOU. GET OUT NOW." Of course since they are my friends and even though I feel close to the same way, I feel really badly for my friends that had just taken care of the house and animals all day. So now Grandma goes over to the corner to glare and sulk. My friends quickly grab thier stuff and start to head for the door. I wish them well and thank them for their help but am really glad they are leaving. Keith and I are worn to the bone and Grandma is still sething in the corner demanding that we turn on the fire place. As my friends finally leave Grandma pipes up with thank God they are gone(and this being the most coheirent she has been in weeks). So my evening starts to wind down and we are starting to relax a little. Fix a drink sit down and watch "the devil wears Prada". And I am sitting there thinking to myself that I need a day off just to recover from Chrismas.

So now after sitting with Grandma and all of us calming down now we have the house back to ourselves again, and it seems that everything with the world is going to right itself. I start thinking about how tired I am and now we all decide that it is time for bed and of course for the first time that day Grandma agrees with me.

So now it is off to bed for us all. I crawl in bed after Grandma is tucked away for the night and I put the dogs in thier kennels. Poor Keith is just kinda looking at me cross eyed because he is so tired. I push him towards the bed and he just kinda falls in. I take off to the bathroom to get ready for bed, brush my teeth and kinda reflect on the day. I say a little prayer thanking god for the strenth to make it through this exhausting day. I finally decide that this day is over and it is now time for bed, I think to myself that everyone is in their place and all is at peace and that this is what christmas is really about, the calm at the end of the day with all the worries of the day behind us. It is now 12:30 am and I have to be up by 6:30 am to head off to work for hell week. My head no sooner hits the pillow and I am out like a light.

Peace......Silence..... Relaxing......Tranquil.....All is good........

1:30am Grandma starts calling out our names frantically. Of course we both shot out of bed to find out what is going on. We find Grandma in the bathroom throwing up. I feel horrible for her. So we help her get up and get cleaned up and put her back to bed with some pepto bismall, hoping that will calm her stomach back down. Now back to bed to try and save what little time I have left to sleep.

I here Grandma get up a few minutes latter and start heading for the bathroom and think on no here we go again. So keith and I get up and head for her bathroom, only to find her bent over the toilet with her finger down her throught trying to make herself throw up. THe little S**t was making herself sick to get us to feel badly and get us to pay attention to her. OHHHHHHHHHHHH now I was mad,and screamed that I have to work in the morning and since she was 82 years old that there was no reason for her to act like a child to get attention. I told her now that she had my attention and to get her sorry old a** to bed. So now I have had it and I go down stairs down a shot of tequila and sleep on the couch untill this morning.

Today: well I have never been happier to be at work.

Victor

Any other good stories?

Old 12-26-2006, 10:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

wow. suddenly that makes my dog eating my entire book of old school cds while we were at my parents house look like a walk in the park...

You go boy for putting up with it!
Old 12-26-2006, 10:03 PM

thanks buddie

Old 12-26-2006, 11:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

wow...

Mostly I find old people freaking out amusing... the barfing thing is where I'd draw the line...
The what are you doing here, I don't even like you part is comedy though!!!

We did have to take my grandpa home after he peed his pants... we were the only sober ones in the house...my wife is a nurse and used to that. We also took my moms car as I wasn't going to let him in any of my rides...
Old 12-27-2006, 12:08 AM

Man Steve I would have much rather had your day. Wana trade. I just almost don't want to go home tonight other than Keith says that she is in a much better mood today. And not pulling any of her little tricks.

Old 12-27-2006, 12:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

the KEY difference is we were able to take grandpa home to HIS house... not ours!!!
Old 12-27-2006, 01:15 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Strictly Scionized
SL Member
Scinergy

i was no where near family for x-mas so no stories. although...
i got invited to a x-mas party with my adopted family here in the area, but my supervisor made me work late yesterday so i was late getting off work.
i came home got ready, then realized "christmas is dead... im staying home and watching the devil wears prada" i think that was like the #1 played movie over the holidays. by the way, the party was at 2:30, i didnt get home till 4:30.
so im in my room falling asleep as the movie is playing and i hear this loud knock on my door, as if it were the police. its one of the firends from the family i was supposed to spend x-mas with.
ok, so im told one girl was almost in tears because i didnt show up, the parents of the family now thin that i dont want to b seen with them, one guy was deeply offended, and something else happened but i kinda stopped listening to him. so not showing up to a christmas party has made me scum of the earth... gotta love the feeling of ppl hating u.
Old 12-27-2006, 01:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One

SL Member

Jesus, your one grandma could probably outdo my three boys in orneriness, lol. Wow!

You're such a good boy for taking care of her like that though. Hopefully, that karma thing people keep talking about is true and you'll be blessed in return for your kindness. Unfortunately, I'm about all but ready to say the karma system is a crock of sh t.

I hope you're home now, sleeping Christmas off!
Old 12-27-2006, 01:52 AM

still a ways off for go home time, but soon very soon. And yes Grandma can try and put one over on anyone. She is a real gem. The last time she stayed with us, she had us believing that she was starting to fail. Her tremous picked up allot and she would not sit up stright in her chair and she had us waiting on her hand and foot. Needless to say it took my Mom walking in and in two minutes that all changed. Mon said knock it off and Grandma told her to shut up and leave her alone, the next day Grandma was back at my mothers haouse and right back to normal doing all the things she had us believing that she could not. She definatly is not as dumb as she want's you to believe. And she will milk it for all that it is worth.

She is a little snot to say the least

Old 12-27-2006, 01:54 AM

one thing to amend that though. For all of her brateyness I still love her allot and for the most part she can be very amusing. I love it when she heckles the TV and that is a must see for anyone. The night of our Christmas party she was watching Bonanza or something old like that, and someone on the TV said shut up, well she screams out NO YOU SHUT UP!!!!!!!! and started trhowing popcorn atthe TV. I must have laughed for an hour or so on that one.

Old 12-27-2006, 02:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One

SL Member

You should take her to a M&G, lol. I'd love to meet this grandma of yours, lol!
Old 12-27-2006, 02:27 AM

she would sit there and mutter Grandma imprecations at you all night and tell the children to hush quit making so much noise

Old 12-27-2006, 03:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One

SL Member

Old lady can just BRING IT ON! (joking, lol)
Old 12-29-2006, 06:47 PM
5 Year Member
5 Year Member

wow...that makes my grandma farting her way through the living room on Christmas eve sound pleasant!!
Old 12-29-2006, 11:57 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

OMG Victor, after reading all that my sides are hurting. Oh to be a fly on the wall. Never a dull moment with Grams huh!
Old 12-30-2006, 01:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Good Lord!! I thought my christmas was bad sweet mother... I think this Christmas is one of the few times I wish I could have been at work.. stupid flu and ex gf's
Old 01-01-2007, 07:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One
SL Member

wow all i can say is wow.