Old 05-07-2007, 05:27 PM
BCS
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Default Dear Sir.

Greetings.

First, allow me to acknowledge you and say that yes, I do see your new TC and fine...it is a nice car.

Second, allow me to state that I know FAR more about the Scion brand then you will ever hope to. For instance. I KNOW that the engine in your car is rated at 160 hp...which we all know is not what is put down to the wheels. I also know that you paid less that $20K for it. Stop acting like it cost double that. Now, when I left the house this morning I was not out looking for people to race. In fact, I can not think of any morning when I wake up and say I want to go race people on the freeway and endanger the lives of others...even when I am driving my s2000. Apparently, that is what you thought this morning.

**Sub-note** Don’t get me wrong, I am all for a little 'spirited driving' every now and then. But not in the morning during heavy traffic; oh...and lest we forget about all the construction happening basically all the way down the freeway.

So yes, I did see you in your car. And yes, I am VERY impressed with your super fast, shiny, super expensive, brand new car. What I am not impressed about is when you were trying to antagonize that other driver in the white 1987 (or so) Plymouth Colt. What makes you think that this guy wants to get in to a Monday morning race with some young hot pants kid who thinks he's on top of the world because he has a new car? Or...what about the next lady you came up on? You know...the lady in the newer red Saturn minivan? Now, there are some people that have a fascination with MILF's, but trying to race them is not going to win you the ladies. Some day, you may figure that out.

Let's not forget about me here. I was in the black Accord. Oh yeah, the V6 Accord...you know...the one with 200 hp. (I'm not saying it is at all a fast car, but it is faster than your stock TC). If I wanted to, I could have taken off and not had to deal with you the rest of the morning. Maybe I should have. Instead, I decided to simply ignore you like I usually would with people like you. I guess that made you upset or something, for which I apologize. But you didn't have to take it out on the person that was in front of you.

Now, if I would have known what you were going to do next, I would have written down your license plate number and would have already been on the phone with the police. You are lucky that was not the case today. What about when you decided to tailgate that guy...remember? And he brake checked you. Remember? Yeah, I remember. Luckily I saw that coming or else when you swerved over into the car pool lane like a complete idiot you would have broadsided the front of my car and sent me into the guardrail at 65 mph.

Like I said, you are lucky that you were able to get over into the far lane and you are also lucky that there were too many cars for me to get over there behind you. Want to know what else you are lucky on? You know that GIANT semi truck that you were tailgating after your great evasive maneuver? Almost immediately after you took that exit, one of the tires blew on the truck and sent tire shreds out the back. They would have been all over your car. Part of me wishes you would have seen that, however I am too nice of a person to wish that kind of harm against others.

Let me tell you something you little piece of ____. If I EVER see you or your car again, I will not hesitate to call the police. I probably should have and just told them where you exited. I know what you look like. I know what your car looks like. You may not travel that way every morning, but just know that I will be looking for you. I will follow you for as long as I need to. And don't think that you can just 'out-run' me. Remember, I know almost everything about your car.

Sincerely,

Me.

BTW - for those that have known me for a long time. You may (or may not) have wondered why I have almost completely stopped being involved with the Scion community. Well, there is your answer. There are still a handful of people that remain the reason I am still around...even if it’s just for a little bit.
Old 05-07-2007, 06:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

ah.. its brian... wish you were posting under better reasons... but oh well....

what freeway were ya on that all this happend on? color of tC?

glad to see ya still pop in ... even if it is to vent....
Old 05-07-2007, 06:06 PM
5 Year Member

SL Member

so wait, let me get this right. Some young kid in a tC was driving like a crazy fool?

You are not involved in the Scion Community because of it(and other reasons no doubt)

However, you drive a Honda(not this is not a dig, they make some nice cars, the S2000 been one of them), are you involved in that community? As everywhere i go i see kids in Hondas trying to race everything in site, including me. I have been "revved" at by people in hondas more times than i want to admit.

What im trying to say i guess is people in every make of car will drive silly sometimes, kids will do it alot more, dont take it out on an entire community who are here for many reasons, including friendships.
Old 05-07-2007, 06:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

okay, look, i got a news flash for you. cars don't drive aggressively, DRIVERS DO! i've seen so many bad drivers behind the wheel of jalopies driving like maniacs, soccer moms in their minivans making maniac manuevers with their kids in tow, as well as jerks in their cars that cost six figures. aggressive and reckless drivers drive that way period. whether they are in a shiny new scion, or a crappy old hyundai.

so i say BLAME that one driver for his actions and stop blaming the ENTIRE scion community and culture.

hey, i saw a video on youtube of a douchebag trying to drift in his honda s2k. so naturally, it is my understanding that all honda s2k drivers are losers who can't handle their own cars and spin out and crash them.

what? no? that is wrong? the bad driving skills of that individual do not represent the entire collective of honda s2k owners? well that is news to me because i have seen that video with my own two eyes!

so in conclusion, if that is your attitude and outlook on scions, i am particularly gratful that you have left the community.
Old 05-07-2007, 06:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hi Brian,

Nice to hear from you, sorry you had to deal with a crazy fool that happened to be driving a tC. There are many stupid crazy drivers out there and one day they all get what they deserve!

Yay for Karma too bad all of our insurance rates have to suffer because of them.
Old 05-07-2007, 06:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Can we please stop the personal attacks? Those of us who know Brian know he is just here to vent. Since the guy drives a tC maybe he reads the boards and will realize what he did. If not it can serve as a reminder to all of us to be cautious of others when we are out there.
Old 05-07-2007, 06:56 PM
BCS
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by Davie06TC
so wait, let me get this right. Some young kid in a tC was driving like a crazy fool?

You are not involved in the Scion Community because of it(and other reasons no doubt)

However, you drive a Honda(not this is not a dig, they make some nice cars, the S2000 been one of them), are you involved in that community? As everywhere i go i see kids in Hondas trying to race everything in site, including me. I have been "revved" at by people in hondas more times than i want to admit.

What im trying to say i guess is people in every make of car will drive silly sometimes, kids will do it alot more, dont take it out on an entire community who are here for many reasons, including friendships.
Yes, there are certainly other reasons. Not owning a Scion anymore is one of them. I think alot of it has to do with I'm just older now and don't like dealing with crap like this. And I tried not to take it out on the entire place, and please don't take it as I see wthis with Scion or TC's only. I see it all the time. I just happen to know about this place.

And yes, I am involved in the s2000 community. Not Honda in general, because you do have to deal with the ___ clowns in the civics and integras. And there are a few s2000 owners that are complete jack-asses in their car because they think it is the fastest around.

Trust me, i know what this community is all about. Heck, I helped start it around here. I have been a member here for a LONG time. And seeing what it has become is sometimes just disappointing. And please don't take that the wrong way...I'm not targeting the NW. I mean in general. I read things on this site and it nothing but childish bickering and complete ignorance. However, there are some people that can have meaningful and/or argumentative conversation without resorting to 'nanny nanny boo boo'.

And then I run into arrogant kids who think their car is top ____ and think I don't know anything about it and they are gonna 'skool' me.

I think more of it is this guy put so many people in danger. It wasn't him trying to race me. Whatever, I can deal with that. I get that all the time in my S. It was his lack of respect for other people. He put other peoples lives at danger. He put my life in danger. He put my girlfriends' life in danger.

Like I said, I didn't want it to come across as taking it out on TC owners. I know there are some owners out there that aren't idiots. Just like there are some integra and civic owners out there that are good drivers. The problem is that they get roped into the 'jackass' group. And unfortunatly, I have ran into a lot of TC owners on an ego trip who think they are tough crap because they have the fastest Scion model.
Old 05-07-2007, 07:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Haha I wonder if that was my brother. My parents decided to get him an auto silver tC for his birthday last month, as my mum was tired of having to take him to school or having to carpool with my dad .

He brought home a ticket for doing 65 in a 35 just the other day. SMRT.
Old 05-07-2007, 07:19 PM
BCS
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by draxcaliber
okay, look, i got a news flash for you. cars don't drive aggressively, DRIVERS DO! i've seen so many bad drivers behind the wheel of jalopies driving like maniacs, soccer moms in their minivans making maniac manuevers with their kids in tow, as well as jerks in their cars that cost six figures. aggressive and reckless drivers drive that way period. whether they are in a shiny new scion, or a crappy old hyundai.

so i say BLAME that one driver for his actions and stop blaming the ENTIRE scion community and culture.

hey, i saw a video on youtube of a douchebag trying to drift in his honda s2k. so naturally, it is my understanding that all honda s2k drivers are losers who can't handle their own cars and spin out and crash them.

what? no? that is wrong? the bad driving skills of that individual do not represent the entire collective of honda s2k owners? well that is news to me because i have seen that video with my own two eyes!

so in conclusion, if that is your attitude and outlook on scions, i am particularly gratful that you have left the community.

Ok dude. You are smart and I am a complete idiot.

Nice sig btw. Am I to believe that you are one of these reckless drivers that endanger my life because you floor it when you are in doubt?

I know there are people out there who drive bad, no matter what car they have. I came here to vent to people about some ___ who was driving bad. I may have worded it wrong in my previous post, but regardless.

Are you a bad driver? Do you drive like this in the morning? Do you try to race everyone you see on the freeway? I would like to think no. But if you are getting this sore over the post, then maybe you do. I don't know. I like to give everyone the benefit of the doubt. I have been around cars for a long time, and around Scions for a lot longer than you. I have seen the 'groups' of cars that have to deal with ___ drivers. Unfortunatly, the TC seems to be one of those groups that are getting bigger.

I'm sorry, but that's the way it is. I'm not the first person to post about some jack ___ in a TC. Dont' take it personal. That's just the way it is.

I didn't come on here to argue with people about this guy. You can say/think/do what you want. But I don't care.

btw - Hi Mo and Kekai!
Old 05-07-2007, 07:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by MoScion
Can we please stop the personal attacks? Those of us who know Brian know he is just here to vent. Since the guy drives a tC maybe he reads the boards and will realize what he did. If not it can serve as a reminder to all of us to be cautious of others when we are out there.

X2^^^^
Old 05-07-2007, 08:32 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member

Description of guy & car? So whe know what to look out for?
Old 05-07-2007, 08:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Driven Girls
Scikotics
SL Member

Wow. Ok. :/
Old 05-07-2007, 08:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thanks for the comment on my signature, it is actually from some baja truck racer i heard on extreme 4x4. thought it sounded nice, i just change it from time to time.

anyway, yes, i'm only 21, i've had my tc since 11/04. no, i am not a dangerous reckless driver. i drive at whatever is reasonable for the conditions. i don't blaze into rush hour traffic tailgatingall who dare to occupy my lane. i don't race everything on the road because i am well aware of the capabilities of the car. i simpley drive my tc and it usually varies with outside conditions and the rhythmn of the music i'm listening too. if you want to know, yes, i drive fast, durring the very early hours before dawn going the opposite direction of regular traffic at high speeds with the exception of fog, rain, snow, sleet, etc. i never tailgate anybody, or ride along side large commercial vehicles because i know they have enormous blind spots. i have not been in any accidents that were my fault or the result of speeding on my behalf. i think i'm a pretty good defensive and cautious driver because i'm always well aware of not only what is going on around my car, but what is going on as far as i can see. i'm usually manuevering or braking before the cars infront of me realize what is going on ahead of them. whenever i am uncertain about the road ahead, i brake, downshift and coast until i know what is going on.

i'm far from a perfect driver, but i think i am better than a majority of the people out there.

sorry if i sounded like i was attacking you, but your letter had a note of hostility in it with your condecention towards tc owners. also note, alot of new drivers simpley are ignorant of what can happen when your driving. they are completely unaware of some of the hazards don't realize how much else is out there on the road that wasn't even mentioned in driver's ed.
Old 05-07-2007, 10:15 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member

I have actually considered selling my tC lately because I like my wife's xB better and i drive a lot better in it, not nearly as agressive...my 2 cents
Old 05-07-2007, 10:42 PM
SL Member

^^ x2
when i sold my tC, i lost the feeling of wanting to go fast. The xb is not only alot slower, but its not even fun to go fast in. Plus i like it more.

Sorry there was a bad experience with a scion driver Even though it was just one person, it still reflects on the community as a whole. Hopefully another Scion driver will be extra nice to you on the road to help wash away the bad experience you had! ;)
Old 05-07-2007, 10:49 PM
BCS
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by draxcaliber
thanks for the comment on my signature, it is actually from some baja truck racer i heard on extreme 4x4. thought it sounded nice, i just change it from time to time.

anyway, yes, i'm only 21, i've had my tc since 11/04. no, i am not a dangerous reckless driver. i drive at whatever is reasonable for the conditions. i don't blaze into rush hour traffic tailgatingall who dare to occupy my lane. i don't race everything on the road because i am well aware of the capabilities of the car. i simpley drive my tc and it usually varies with outside conditions and the rhythmn of the music i'm listening too. if you want to know, yes, i drive fast, durring the very early hours before dawn going the opposite direction of regular traffic at high speeds with the exception of fog, rain, snow, sleet, etc. i never tailgate anybody, or ride along side large commercial vehicles because i know they have enormous blind spots. i have not been in any accidents that were my fault or the result of speeding on my behalf. i think i'm a pretty good defensive and cautious driver because i'm always well aware of not only what is going on around my car, but what is going on as far as i can see. i'm usually manuevering or braking before the cars infront of me realize what is going on ahead of them. whenever i am uncertain about the road ahead, i brake, downshift and coast until i know what is going on.

i'm far from a perfect driver, but i think i am better than a majority of the people out there.

sorry if i sounded like i was attacking you, but your letter had a note of hostility in it with your condecention towards tc owners. also note, alot of new drivers simpley are ignorant of what can happen when your driving. they are completely unaware of some of the hazards don't realize how much else is out there on the road that wasn't even mentioned in driver's ed.

I didn't want to sound like I was attacking you either. It was not my intention to get people riled up about this or offend anyone. The only person I wanted to offend was this guy. I'm sorry if it came off that way. And I didn't intend to 'lump' all the TC owners into one guy...even if it came off that way. I don't like it when people find out that I go to car shows and then say...oh...are you one of those fast and furious people? So again, I apologize to anyone that feels I offended them. No hard feelings I hope.

BTW - for those that were asking. It was on 167 south in the Kent/Renton area. Flint Mica. I didn't really notice anything that stood out on it, esentially just a stock TC.
Old 05-07-2007, 10:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i do drive slower in my gf's xa because ofcourse it doesn't have the capabilities of my tc. wasn't paying attention and forgot it wasn't my car with the trd suspension and nearly almost took a turn too fast. lol, i was like...wtf? body roll???oh right, stock xa, not modded tc.
Old 05-08-2007, 12:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by dibbz
Originally Posted by MoScion
X2^^^^
^^x3

HEY BRIAN!!!! We miss ya bunches!
Old 05-08-2007, 12:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One

SL Member

What's up Brian, long time no post, lol.

I get the same thing driving my xb, just because it's lowered and looks good, dumbass kids want to race me. I just laugh at them and let them go.

I hear you about some of the people on this site too, there seems to be a lot of aggression for no reason.

Kanchi, get the box!!! get that rs1 for sale!!!

Raine, the xb can be very fun to go fast in!
Old 05-08-2007, 12:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I agree with Doug there on the fast statement...

On any given morning, I'll race like 5 to 6 people and take them all.. BMW's, Lexus, Dodge trucks... taken them all... Sometimes I'll even slow down and let them catch up and do a rolling start and take them again..

One of these days, I might even let these other people know they were racing... Until then, let me live in my little fantasy world.

Sorry, had to lighten the world up for minute...

Quick Reply: Dear Sir.