5 Year Member
teamNJCT
SL Member

Hasbeen?
Old 09-02-2010, 08:51 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by Tomas
Heh. I have another word, then: BLOG

I wrote about the very same thing I - and others - are still writing about, over three years ago. In order to understand what I have said every month since then, one needs to go back to the beginning and read what I said as my first impression of the xB2...

http://www.tijil.org/blog/?p=23

http://www.tijil.org/blog/?p=24

http://www.tijil.org/blog/?p=27

(...and yes, every bit of that has been communicated to Scion, repeatedly, over the past 3 1/2 years.)

That leads me to yet another word... Materia

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=101969
Thanks Tom....I read through what you said....I honestly feel like I have a much better understanding now.
Old 09-03-2010, 07:57 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by Kanchi
^good idea! Do you have any questions of us to help Scion potentially do better or aim sales, etc?
Philanthropy-

Philanthropy coincides with grass-root events. Things like Paint Tacoma Pierce Beautiful, Toys for Tots, Heart Walks, Cancer Walks, etc.

These events are held by and supported by people with a wholistic, community based mind-set. These grass-roots movements have a guaranteed audience. Plus when people see Scion helping in these events it will provide great PR stepping stones.

Also, Events like snowboard events, skate board competitions; appearances at places like Chambers Creek, Dash point are where some of the 'target' generation tend to hang out.

Do you think this is a good or bad idea?
Old 09-03-2010, 08:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

^^ those are all good ideas.... in the past we've done fish food banks and habitat for humanity as well (at least i think thats what erics/kanchis show for a cause) was.

just gotta have knoweldgeable people about the products at the events... its all benificial
Old 09-03-2010, 08:19 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by kkawana
^^ those are all good ideas.... in the past we've done fish food banks and habitat for humanity as well (at least i think thats what erics/kanchis show for a cause) was.

just gotta have knoweldgeable people about the products at the events... its all benificial
Since we all work at seperate lots, do you all still come together for these events. Or is it solely on the part of the individual dealerships.

Also, what do you think of a dealership having a Store Scion. One that the dealership has dressed up to be present at Scion events. Just to give people an example of what they could do?
Old 09-03-2010, 08:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by ToyotaScionTRD
Since we all work at seperate lots, do you all still come together for these events. Or is it solely on the part of the individual dealerships.

Also, what do you think of a dealership having a Store Scion. One that the dealership has dressed up to be present at Scion events. Just to give people an example of what they could do?
When someone (dealer/owner) decides to put one together I think we all try to make it out if we have enough notice and doesn't already conflict with another posted event or indvidual schedule.

Some dealerships like to work together, some dont... its a turf thing, and actually i dont think you could promote your dealership while at event in say.. Everett

As for a Dealership car... you can do a Dealer car.. its been done... and is not a bad idea.. tho at somepoint you have to sell that car and in the past they have sat on the lots for months, because @ some level someone is told to put the sale price on the car = to money put in... so if you add on 5grand of stereo equip, 2-3grand in graphics, 2grand on tires etc... your looking at a 16500 base price jumping up to near 30k... and its taken months for previous dealers to budge on that price. it would be easier stash the stock parts, and part out the most of the add-ons you can when it comes to sell time... unless you happen to have a buyer that wants all that exact stuff... just remember just because it cost 15grand to put on orginally, rarely are you gonna get that 15grand back plus profit, it will most likely be a $ loss
Old 09-03-2010, 09:06 PM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Smile

Originally Posted by kkawana

I recall one of the events at another Tacoma dealer, we had a truck and a rep from the Fish Food Bank there, and SHE was so impresed with the Scion community and it's cars that she ended up buying one that day IIRC.

Originally Posted by ToyotaScionTRD

I've seen multiple dealers get together for events, but usually it is solo. If another dealer is running an event, it would be polite to ask THEIR feelings on another dealer showing up at the show. Some might be OK with it, some might not. (Also checking with regional for some support would not hurt. Regional used to be really good at helping to support events.)

As to dealership cars, I've seen quite a few, and the one that I though best represented the dealership to the crowd was pretty stock other than having fancy wheels and tires, IIRC, and having a complete wrap advertising the dealership and based on "The Great Wave off Kanagawa" by Hokusai. Maybe someone has a pic of that car...

Last edited by Tomas; 09-04-2010 at 01:46 AM.
Old 09-03-2010, 10:49 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member

^No but I have seen that represented on several other cars recently
Old 09-03-2010, 11:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That was Greshams car, Kelly drove it for a while.
Old 09-04-2010, 01:23 AM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Indeed it was - wasn't all that hard to find once I knew who's it was.

Old 09-04-2010, 02:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

LIFE!

and my fav.

Pubes!!
Old 09-04-2010, 03:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Toyota - after the first model cycling, Scions are no longer scions, they are Toyotas. Scion was originally supposed to be different, in model cycling, offerrings, and demographics.

Admittedly, they are different, the limited model offerring (no more than 4, I believe) and cycles (only a few years, not like 6 for the tC1) are forgotten. The demographic goals for Scion look more like Toyota's.
Old 09-04-2010, 03:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

You're just going to get a lot of the crybabies on here who thought they were buying a "race" car and found out otherwise, then bought another econobox that went a bit faster and have to come back and bash the tC, xb, etc

What I find so funny is the people who get so wrapped up in the brand "family" and how the business is doing, etc. Get all weepy and whiney because the next model isnt this, isnt that, etc. I bought a car, because I liked that car. The same 5 year old design still does well in its class for the same price, it was relatively cheap to make mine outhandle more expensive cars , have not had a single issue with it in 5 years, its paid for and people still compliment it. In other words, I spend my time worrying about having fun and enjoying what I bought, not getting all emotionally involved in whether the new model is this or that. I'm not a shareholder, and no one in Scion is my brother, mom, dad, etc. If scion doesnt make the next car I want, then I wont buy a Scion when I buy again. Simple as that. I see all the energy some put into b!tching because the newest Scion (That they dont even own) isnt what they wanted it to be... that energy sure would be a lot better spent doing something fun IMO. But I realize that a lot of younger drivers today are never satisfied with anything and dont have enough other priorities to put this into perspective. I would LOVE to own a brand new z06, but I dont. But I still enjoy the hell out of what I have.

So in one word: Mine

Last edited by engifineer; 09-04-2010 at 03:44 PM.
Old 09-05-2010, 04:04 AM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well said, Dave.
Old 09-05-2010, 08:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by engifineer
You're just going to get a lot of the crybabies on here who thought they were buying a "race" car and found out otherwise, then bought another econobox that went a bit faster and have to come back and bash the tC, xb, etc

What I find so funny is the people who get so wrapped up in the brand "family" and how the business is doing, etc. Get all weepy and whiney because the next model isnt this, isnt that, etc. I bought a car, because I liked that car. The same 5 year old design still does well in its class for the same price, it was relatively cheap to make mine outhandle more expensive cars , have not had a single issue with it in 5 years, its paid for and people still compliment it. In other words, I spend my time worrying about having fun and enjoying what I bought, not getting all emotionally involved in whether the new model is this or that. I'm not a shareholder, and no one in Scion is my brother, mom, dad, etc. If scion doesnt make the next car I want, then I wont buy a Scion when I buy again. Simple as that. I see all the energy some put into b!tching because the newest Scion (That they dont even own) isnt what they wanted it to be... that energy sure would be a lot better spent doing something fun IMO. But I realize that a lot of younger drivers today are never satisfied with anything and dont have enough other priorities to put this into perspective. I would LOVE to own a brand new z06, but I dont. But I still enjoy the hell out of what I have.

All I have to say is... PERFECT! Love what you have and enjoy it for what it's worth. My word is POTENTIAL!

As an artist I look at things like a blank canvas. I have this amazing foundation to work with... what can my creativity come up with to add to that?
Old 09-05-2010, 11:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well said , I Love my 2nd Gen. xB , So much that we own two..

Old 09-06-2010, 02:26 AM
SL Member

Originally Posted by LtBradleykins
All I have to say is... PERFECT! Love what you have and enjoy it for what it's worth. My word is POTENTIAL!

As an artist I look at things like a blank canvas. I have this amazing foundation to work with... what can my creativity come up with to add to that?
As a fellow Artist I completely agree.....Both of your guys statements resonated truth with me...... You couldn't have said it better, it is a blank canvas and 'Potential' is the word I wish I'd come up with.....Great Job!

P.S. what media do you use for your art>?

Last edited by ToyotaScionTRD; 09-06-2010 at 02:52 AM.
Old 09-06-2010, 02:35 AM
SL Member

Originally Posted by engifineer

Bravo!
Old 09-06-2010, 02:47 AM
SL Member

Originally Posted by divisii
Toyota - after the first model cycling, Scions are no longer scions, they are Toyotas. Scion was originally supposed to be different, in model cycling, offerrings, and demographics.

Admittedly, they are different, the limited model offerring (no more than 4, I believe) and cycles (only a few years, not like 6 for the tC1) are forgotten. The demographic goals for Scion look more like Toyota's.
The demographic goals for Scion are very similar to Toyota's. It takes us back to the original Toyotas. The Corona, the corolla both at the time were aimed towards the younger generation (challenging, new, different); who wanted fuel efficient, reliable, 'beige' or simplistic cars. Over the years it grew, as does every company. Currently, average age demographic for Toyota buyers is 56 years old. Hence the introducing new members into the 'family' idea, that may or may not hold true (however it is that you choose to view it).

Quick Reply: Describe Scion in one word