ID, OR, WA

Describe Scion in one word

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2010, 04:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ToyotaScionTRD
As a fellow Artist I completely agree.....Both of your guys statements resonated truth with me...... You couldn't have said it better, it is a blank canvas and 'Potential' is the word I wish I'd come up with.....Great Job!

P.S. what media do you use for your art>?
Thanks for the Kudos! As for my media, I do acrylic on canvas.
Here's an example
Name:  Brothers.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  35.4 KB
Old 09-06-2010, 04:57 AM
SL Member

Originally Posted by LtBradleykins
Thanks for the Kudos! As for my media, I do acrylic on canvas.
Here's an example
That's awesome......I dabble in just about everything. I mostly do landscapes, I also like to practice kanji caligraphy. Also, I do quite a bit of abstracts. I don't have any on-line yet.
Old 09-06-2010, 05:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ToyotaScionTRD
That's awesome......I dabble in just about everything. I mostly do landscapes, I also like to practice kanji caligraphy. Also, I do quite a bit of abstracts. I don't have any on-line yet.
Well photobucket accounts do come in handy!!! I would love to see your stuff sometime! You will be at the show on the 11th though yeah?
Old 09-06-2010, 03:47 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by LtBradleykins
Well photobucket accounts do come in handy!!! I would love to see your stuff sometime! You will be at the show on the 11th though yeah?
I will need to get the day off from work, but I should know by Tuesday if I can get that time off. It's from 9:30-4:00 right?
Old 09-06-2010, 06:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

show's 11-4p but roll/in set up... looks to start prolly 9/930ish till 11
Old 09-07-2010, 11:03 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by kkawana
show's 11-4p but roll/in set up... looks to start prolly 9/930ish till 11
Ok, so good news. I got time off from work so I can come and help set up. I can only stay for a small part of the show, because my manager wants me back at work by no later than 12:00. Where should I meet up?
Old 09-08-2010, 12:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

right now we're looking like meeting at the Tacoma M&G spot at 8:30, then roll in there about 9:30
its that shopping complex on the n.e side of the 72nd of I5.. .where sports authority, hobbyworld, popeyes chicken, olive garden etc are.... back by what sounds like the closed furniture store
Old 09-08-2010, 12:26 AM
SL Member

Pefect. I will see you then. I hope its ok that I have to leave pretty soon after set-up.
Old 09-10-2010, 12:07 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ok so news I thought I'd share here. I am now officially a Scion Champion at Toyota of Kirkland, and am working with marketing and the GM here to get more involvement from us in events. Obviously that's going to tie more to PSTOC due to my involvement there, but keep an eye out for things happening the Scionlife group is always welcome at our events. We'll have a presence PSTOF this year on 10/3, and TOK is also doing a Launch Event/Car show for the tC on 10/15.

To ToyotaScionTRD, do you work at Titus Will? I know you guys are also helping out with PSTOF, so I hope you'll come out, it's nice to know sales people at other dealerships. As for the tC launch, would be cool if you made it up for that too.
Old 09-10-2010, 12:45 AM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Congratulations, Roger!

Todd (ToyotaScionTRD) is at Larson and Bryan (Supramoxcey) is at Titus-Will.
Old 09-10-2010, 02:41 AM
SL Member

Congratulations on becoming a Scion Champion. I would appreciate any opportunity to be involved with any type of promotion revolving around Scion. Like Tom mentioned I work down at Larson Toyota. I am trying to get our store quite a bit more involved in the happenings in our area.
Anytime you have helpful information, or any notice on events I am happy to find the time and way to participate.
Old 09-10-2010, 04:16 AM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

(Keep in mind, too, guys, we actually have a private "Dealer Forum" on ScionLife.com that you can be allowed access to if you drop me an email from your dealership email address...)
Old 09-10-2010, 01:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

hmm.. can you feel energy building?? 2 dealerships tryin to get back into the game, tryin to inject a shot of enthusiasim back into the region?? lets hope it continues and builds up
Old 09-10-2010, 04:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

After letting me drive his Elise at an autox test n tune in August while he drove his wife's xb2 for a bunch of runs, a guy summed up most of my feelings about being an enthusiast pretty well. He said "I think I just fully realized that it doesnt matter what car you drive, competitive or not, this sport is just as fun!". It rang very true to me as well. From running my car stock, to prepping it and making it pretty quick through the course, to driving other peoples Evo's, GTI's, Imprezza's and the Elise I have never felt I was having "less" fun. Same goes for all of it. You get a car you enjoy and stop harping on it not being the "fastest" you could get. You have it, you enjoy it.. try to focus on that. After all, it is supposed to be fun. And if you go replace it with an Evo/STI.. have another car that is not at a premium level that something else can beat. You can go on and on wanting the next better thing until you are in a car you cant afford to mod at all. Or even to fix when it breaks.

I am heavilly considering an Elise for track/weekend purposes in the next few years though now. The evo I drove had more power, but just didnt compare in the least to the pure experience of the lotus... and the lotus can be had used for $30k or less But I still enjoyed hopping back in my tC and finishing up the day, especially hearing him driving it and saying "wow! I am surprised at how it handles!"
Old 09-12-2010, 02:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by engifineer
After letting me drive his Elise at an autox test n tune in August while he drove his wife's xb2 for a bunch of runs, a guy summed up most of my feelings about being an enthusiast pretty well. He said "I think I just fully realized that it doesnt matter what car you drive, competitive or not, this sport is just as fun!". It rang very true to me as well. From running my car stock, to prepping it and making it pretty quick through the course, to driving other peoples Evo's, GTI's, Imprezza's and the Elise I have never felt I was having "less" fun. Same goes for all of it. You get a car you enjoy and stop harping on it not being the "fastest" you could get. You have it, you enjoy it.. try to focus on that. After all, it is supposed to be fun. And if you go replace it with an Evo/STI.. have another car that is not at a premium level that something else can beat. You can go on and on wanting the next better thing until you are in a car you cant afford to mod at all. Or even to fix when it breaks.
Cheers to that!
Old 09-12-2010, 02:07 AM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Smile

Originally Posted by engifineer
...You can go on and on wanting the next better thing until you are in a car you cant afford to mod at all. Or even to fix when it breaks
Heh. That's very true. That's why I only keep my Porsche Speedster about 6 months - I realized that there was no way I could afford to keep that thing healthy...
Old 09-12-2010, 02:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Tomas
Heh. That's very true. That's why I only keep my Porsche Speedster about 6 months - I realized that there was no way I could afford to keep that thing healthy...
Lol... it's sad when you realize that the cost of maintainence (sp?) would be more than the actual monthly car payment.
Old 09-12-2010, 05:06 AM
SL Member

ok so I just went on scion's website and the new auto tC starts just under $20k.... the Kia Forte Koup starts at $16,595($17,595 auto), and the Honda Civic Coupe starts at $15,605($16,405 for auto), the Mitshubishi Lancer starts just over $15,500($18,055 for auto), also the Chevy Cobalt Coupe starts at $13,900[with a $3,000 cash back offer]($14,315 auto), the For Focus starts at $16,875($17,455 auto), with the new tC starting just under $20k($19,995 to be exact for Auto trans, $18,995 for manual), and savings of up to $5k(thats without options) most of the claimed "target" people (i.e. college students, high school grads) will turn and head for the nearest honda, kia, mitsubishi dealer, or they may even go domestic.. how scion plans on holding the market i dunno... one word... fail
Old 09-12-2010, 05:21 AM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Good points (and good research), Goke.

Toyota has always stated that the intent of Scion was to be the entry level brand - the lower end of the Scion - Toyota - Lexus range.

Pricing their entry level two door coupe that far above most of the "competition" is rather self defeating.
Old 09-12-2010, 04:53 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member

I am actually intrigued by the kia Forte coupe...they have a turbo concept they are kicking around...

In reality the enthusiasts on here make up such a small percentage of their sales its kinda sad. Sure when they came out EVERYONE was an enthusiast, but now its kinds died down. I can't imagine even 50% no 20% of the people that even buy a tC think to themselves, "man I'm gonna throw a turbo, etc. on this, and be part of a Scion community!" No way, I didn't even think that when I got mine. I think people buy these cars for what they were. Young, affordable, & reliable (Toyota family). Simply put as you can plainly see by Turner's post they losing one of the major key components of their original concept.

I remember when I was looking for a car and went to Toyota to begin with. Scion had me hands down when they compared the value/cost of the tC vs. the Corolla S. 18K out the door on the tC with floor mats & trunk mat, or $22k for the corolla to get all the options the tC came with standard...and for the record I did not buy my car as a speed merchant. I saw it was the 2.4 out of the Camry in it and thought how many I still see on the road, and said, "cool, this should keep me for awhile."

Quick Reply: Describe Scion in one word