Notices
Regional - Pacific Northwest
ID, OR, WA

Does this happen to you?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2007, 11:50 PM
5 Year Member

Default Does this happen to you?

So, I got off work today, went and got into my Torched Penny, and low and behold, there is a note under my wiper. Instant thought was, "Oh crud! There goes the paint job!" As I get out of the car to grab the note, I scanned the sides of my box for any damage. My heart was pounding as I grabbed for the note, dreading what information it might contain. All my fears vanished as I read the first couple of words, "Hi, I love your paint color!"

Thats right. An adoring xB fan had felt the need to give me a heart attack with a little note of admiration. My two page note includes admiring the Penny's unique color, the xB in general, and my windshield tinting, and even a phone number.

So, my question is: does this happen to everyone? Being stared at as you drive by is one thing. Seeing little children drop their scooters and point is one thing. Heck, even the woman in the dealership parking lot almost dropping her beloved lap dog is acceptable...but I think heart-stopping, panic-inducing love notes is definitely when I start wondering what I got myself into.
Old 02-06-2007, 12:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

haha i wish my xb was cool enough to get notes of admiration, post pics?
Old 02-06-2007, 12:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Happens to me in the green box...never happened in the black box or tC. Maybe its an RS thing?
Old 02-06-2007, 12:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

better the note you got rather than the note you thought you got, lol. Only two notes ever left on my car, one by a girl wanting me to drop by her house after i was done drinking for the night, lol, the other was on my first car, "68 mustang california special, from a car salesman wanting to know if i ever thought of trading it in, lol.
Old 02-06-2007, 02:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I get stared at all the time. Probably never has been a day where someone wasn't looking at my car, specially with the new paint job. I haven't had a note left on my car or anything, but I have been told numerous times in person..

It is a good feeling to hear that from strangers
Old 02-06-2007, 03:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

stared yes... and people complimenting at stop lights via rolled down windows... or thumbs up as they drive by... but no notes yet
Old 02-06-2007, 03:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

prolly some stalker that has been following you and finally tried to make contact..
Old 02-06-2007, 03:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I used to get notes on my box that read " Call me about your car" . Always on a friday night and noone would answer the phone all weekend. Turned out the wanted to sell me a windshield. I yelled at the person who answered the phone and never got another note.
Old 02-06-2007, 03:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One

SL Member

Originally Posted by Iride_xB04
haha i wish my xb was cool enough to get notes of admiration, post pics?
Yeah, me too!
Old 02-06-2007, 04:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One
SL Member

Ive gotton tons of looks...maybe half a dozen times people have walked up and talked to me, maybe 1 or 2 since ive done all the body mods. i do get a lot of looks when driving though...shawn and i got some great looks saturday driving around with the two boxes togather that was great. and no notes but i try to not leave my box anywhere for more than a few minutes hmm go figure...
Old 02-06-2007, 05:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That’s nice of them… in a weird kind of way.

Ever park in a parking lot for several hours, then come out to find all the cars but yours has a pesky sales flyer under the wiper?
Old 02-06-2007, 05:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One
SL Member

YEP!
Old 02-06-2007, 05:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

yup sure happens every once in a while.. i get nice box.. or where did you get thhat (name your part).. but i got a lot more when i first got it in 04 than i do now
Old 02-06-2007, 01:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I get the

hand over the mouth, point and laugh... Lots of times this will occur right before a convergence of this individuals buddies to do a joint point and laugh... I used to think these were rude individual, but now I've come to terms with the fact that male cheer leaders are pretty normal now, so I shouldn't think lesser of them.

Nope, no notes on my car...

oh.... You should post a pic of your ride on the profile. Then we can all leave you notes
Old 02-06-2007, 02:01 PM
5 Year Member

I actually spoke with my love-note leaver, and she was super sweet. She owns a camo green xB, but thinks the normal xB colors are boring. I told her about Scionlife, and our meets up here, said she might come out.

I would love to post pictures! One day, when the car is clean, and the sun is shining so you can actually see the colors in the paint.

I guess I should have known that when I bought a Scion, I was buying into a new kind of community. A community where people may point at, laugh at, stare at, and even leave notes of admiration on your vehicle, but ultimately, everyone loves this car. Whether they think they love to hate it, or down right just love it... with all the stares and comments, I think people just truly love this car.... whether it's an RS or not... the RS's just scream "love me" a little louder....
Old 02-06-2007, 03:00 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC

SL Member

thas a cool story,
wish that would happen to me, but i get stopped a lot when i am around the car, people really seem to like her, more so than when i had my BSP. I also get the usual laughs, but more stares and thumbs up than anything
Old 02-06-2007, 04:38 PM

I think that is cool Bethany, I have heard of people leaving notes, and have had a few left on a couple of our scion demos. It was always talks about how nice of a car. But mostly I got who did your graphics? it is all good and freindly stuff. Just enjoy the attention and pray that you never get one of those other notes

Old 02-06-2007, 04:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

my penny only gets glairing looks right now damn snow and the salt crap on it but i cant wait till summer when all the bling bling is on
Old 02-06-2007, 07:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

people definitely stopped and stared a lot more when i first got my box in '04, but I think theres less reaction now with all the other wierd/unusual cars out there plus a lot more people know about the scion now
Old 02-07-2007, 12:15 AM
5 Year Member

TopDog, I pray I never receive an actual bad note... I'll take a million love notes over one of those notes! I told my note-leaver to contact you regarding her chances of finding another RS4...she wants one bad.

I know what you mean about the Penny's current winter coat.... I feel so bad when people do look at her, because they are not seeing the whole story... more a half- muddy and grimmy story. But, man when summer comes... I'm excited to see how people will react then!

Quick Reply: Does this happen to you?