ID, OR, WA

Downtown Toyota in Spokane Wa.

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2007, 10:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Downtown Toyota in Spokane Wa.

So I take my car into the dealership where I got it to get the stereo replaced(Factory) I pulled off the center of the dash when I got there because I didn't want them to f up my paint,(because they had impressed me so far, Not)
I told the (girl) in front of the desk that no tech was to touch my dash,center console, or dash center. But to just loosin the 4 screws that hold the stereo in and undo the four wire connections. Also I am in for my 5K maintanence.
Oil change(Did it myself), Rotate tires (20's have been moved around once or twice) Check brakes.
So they touched the center console they also put a custom gouge in the dash along with 2 dents in the dash that they now own. and never checked the brakes and never reset the computer.
Got to love being the second largest city in a state.
What I am trying to say is

Downtown Toyota and pretty much any toyota Scion rep in the lesser Spokane area.

I am the easiest going nicest guy but they screwed me 4 times and have not shown interest in us Scions anyway.

Thanks for listening to my rant. I am just glad I had had 2 drinks so I was not worried about speaking my mind.

Jason Burk

Let me know if you have had similar problems
Old 08-25-2007, 11:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

i asked toyota of olympia when i bought my ride if they had a set of stock rims and they can have the chome nasty ones back, a few min's later they told me no we dont check back in a few days, so i went back and again no. why dont they just take a set off of the other tc that sits there and switch them. but no worries now got a new set and those chrome nasties are for winter but still looking to buy the stock rims
and oh yeah they are going to charge me for my maintanence check up WTF
Old 08-26-2007, 12:27 AM

WOW that really sucks, I hope that if something like that ever happens here I hear about it so I can personaly handle it. I am really sorry to hear that happened to you

Old 08-26-2007, 01:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

hey, i know you're frustrated but please dont flame in open public. There is always a way to work things out and if you've exhausted those, maybe try asking some of the folks here what they did. There have been a ton of really positive interactions when people step back and try another angle.
Old 08-26-2007, 02:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It is good that he let us know about his experience. Sorry to hear they messed up hopefully they make it right if not talk to a supervisor or a district representative.

If they don't want to do anything to make it right then sorry to say people should avoid that dealership because they lack customer service.
Old 08-26-2007, 03:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One

SL Member

Jason, that would have pi$$ed me off too!! I hate taking my car into the dealer, just because most of the time they don't care (no offense Victor). Hope they take care of it.
Old 08-26-2007, 05:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The first thing that the did wrong was to forget to check the brakes and reset the maint. warning light for the oil change.
Then when I go and pic it up she tells me "I know you said not to wash it but they did anyway and this came off(handing me the " emblem from my 20" emblems on the side)
Then hand me the keys and I go outside and get in the car and see that they put the center piece back on when I spicificly told them not to touch it 3 times (I apolagized for being so **** about my car when I dropped it off)and also saw the gouge and dents in the dash. I burt rubber backin up and tearin ___ back into the service bay, stopped right infront of the service desks got out slammed my door as everyone looked at me pound my fist in my hand.
To make a long story short I had the manager lookin at it, then hopped in the car took the center piece off(I brought my own tools hoping I could just do it myself) and showed her the four screws to take the deck out and how to do it and asked her how it could take 2 hours to do that and how they could possibly damage the dash from changing out decks when I had done the taking apart of all of the hard stuff and was going to put everything back together myself.
I even asked at first if I could just put it in myself right there and they said since it was a warranty thing they had to do it.

So anyway the dash cost $305 to replace ( priced it out when they went to get the manager) and they said they would get me one. I said thats great and all but what about the time I have to put in taking everything apart because they will never touch my car again. I also said that I was going to look around for a carbonfiber dash and I would pay the difference (waiting on an e-mail from firmware on the cost of there carbonfiber dash) but either way I will have a dash to sand and fiberglass in some screens or speakers or a VIP table of sorts.

God it still ____es me off just writing about it.
Old 08-26-2007, 08:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I swear, every time I take me car in to get anything done on it something gets messed up.

Like I went to get an oil change at jiffy lube recently and the idiots spilled oil on my engine block so now there is a nice oil stain where clean steel used to be.

But...what can you do? Complain? Its not even worth wasting 5 minutes out of your life.
Old 08-26-2007, 10:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One

SL Member

WOW, after specifically telling them not to wash it and they did anyway??? I would have been livid! Do they not have any respect for your property? That is totally unacceptable.

Oh, and unless something has changed Firmware is no more
Old 08-26-2007, 04:44 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member

Sorry to hear about your car getting messed up. When I got my headliner replaced (I don't know why they just didn't fix it) the scratched up the silver pieces that run down the center of the dash. I looked at it this way though, I got a brand new headliner out of the deal, and it gave me an excuse to tear apart my car...all in all turned out to be a good thing. No excuse though for knocking off emblems etc. though. GL
Old 08-26-2007, 05:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scion Driven Girls
SL Member

Originally Posted by BurxBox
(waiting on an e-mail from firmware on the cost of there carbonfiber dash)
Firmware tanked a few months back so I wouldn't hold your breath on getting that email back. People in California that supposedly "worked for the company" or were "sponsored" still havent seen parts or refunds.

And I know how frustrating it can be to have a poopy dealership experience. It really is sad that a lot of dealers don't have the slightest clue how to handle modified cars when the entire basis of the Scion brand is about modification.
Old 08-26-2007, 06:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by MoScion
It is good that he let us know about his experience. Sorry to hear they messed up hopefully they make it right if not talk to a supervisor or a district representative.

If they don't want to do anything to make it right then sorry to say people should avoid that dealership because they lack customer service.
I hate to say this but from my discussions with Downtown Toyota (Spokane) they have no interest in Scion as a brand and they basically have no love for their customers in terms of building a greater relationship. I've talked with them on three occasions and that is the impression that I get.

I will say that Apple Way is slightly better and more open to improving the customer experience but even they say that Scion is not a brand that they are particularly interested in.

I do know that if you're willing to go over to Parker Toyota in CDA that they are very excited and willing to start engaging the community and reaching out to customers (even though their current Scion sales are in the single digits monthly). The parts people over there are great (I don't know if you had a chance to meet any of them back at Excelerator).

So you might want to change over to Apple Way or Parker to see if you might get a better experience.

And...on an aside...at my dealership where I take the xB I've asked SEVERAL TIMES and pointed out that I don't want car washes. They were supposed to put it into their service computer. Unfortunately I've had it taken through EVERY TIME against my wishes (because they are doing a courtesy for me apparently).

While I love them to death this is probably the one item that just peeves me. Right now I got my car back from getting the window/paint redone at Thoroughbred Collision Center right after having work done at my dealership on the electrical system. Well one of the two of them took my box through rails and ruined my front 2 rims at a cost of $700+.

My only question is...do people not understand low profile? Or paint damage by touch car washes? Oy vey...now off to fight battle of repairing rims!
Old 08-26-2007, 10:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ah what jerks! I can't believe all the poop, I'm so glad I have Victor over here.

See Jason you just need to move to this side of the state.
Old 08-26-2007, 10:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

Titus Will Toyota/Scion here in Tacoma was outstanding with my time I have spent doing business with them.

The sales people were very knowledgable and the techs took good car of my car.......they said they did not get a lot of modded cars in for sevice and they all spent about an hour taking turns to come look at mine......and asked for pictures of it to show new buyers as to what can be done to them.....

when I had the car in for it's first oil change I asked them not to detail it or wash it and they put a sign in it to not have it detailed......they understood I used only certain things and did not want to mix waxes or cleaners on it........very good dealership.
Old 08-28-2007, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by Adorian
Ah what jerks! I can't believe all the poop, I'm so glad I have Victor over here.

See Jason you just need to move to this side of the state.
well even I ahve my faults, as does my dealership, but I try to help everyone that I can. I am very sorry to hear that kind of things happen out there. I a mmostly sorry that not everyone can see the value in Scion.

I hope things go better for you

Old 08-31-2007, 06:06 PM
SL Member

Downtown Scion SUX!!! I could have told you that. I am a trader. I traded my scion in and got a Dodge Magnum. With a baby, i needed the extra room
Old 09-01-2007, 01:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by mocascion
Originally Posted by MoScion

I hate to say this but from my discussions with Downtown Toyota (Spokane) they have no interest in Scion as a brand and they basically have no love for their customers in terms of building a greater relationship. I've talked with them on three occasions and that is the impression that I get.

I will say that Apple Way is slightly better and more open to improving the customer experience but even they say that Scion is not a brand that they are particularly interested in.

I do know that if you're willing to go over to Parker Toyota in CDA that they are very excited and willing to start engaging the community and reaching out to customers (even though their current Scion sales are in the single digits monthly). The parts people over there are great (I don't know if you had a chance to meet any of them back at Excelerator).

So you might want to change over to Apple Way or Parker to see if you might get a better experience.

And now I have an extra dash to do some trick fiberglassin.

Sorry to hear about the rims I have always liked those rims