Regional - Pacific Northwest
ID, OR, WA

Excelerator Car show in Idaho - July 22nd

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2006, 12:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

so i just got home from my drive..and i'd like to take the time to tell all of you i hate you for giving me the idea to go.

with that said. i had alot of fun and spent alot of money on gas keeping up with the tC's at their 85-90mph driving....sigh

the show was fun. water park/theme park was cool. all in all i think i'll be headed back next year!
Old 07-24-2006, 02:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scion Justice League of America
SL Member

Well... I made it home.... lost a muffler sorta though...

(The Bracket Broke and the muffler pipe disintigrated against the concrete at 70 MPH) Luckly, it was at multnomah falls, so called in the reinforcements, jacked it up and went straight pipe the rest of the way... so much for the muffler pipe...

I'm exhausted...
Old 07-24-2006, 02:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

you musta scared anyone behind you with the sparks and such
Old 07-24-2006, 02:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

oh and i got a speeding ticket in the middle of effin no where...89 in a 60..big ol 117$ ticket. blah.

by middle of no where i mean a road 30 miles outside couer D'Alene windey passing someone and cop happend to have radar on and going to opposite direction...grrrr
Old 07-24-2006, 02:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

you should fight it and say: "look, there's no way this box can do 89! It's against the laws of physics!"
Old 07-24-2006, 03:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Well since were sharing stories, I got a flat tire in the middle of BFE Idaho. went to Spokane, noone had a tire to fit but everyone could order one(3-5 days) Drove home on temp tire, I-84 closed @ Hood River had to cross to Highway 14, My son got car sick and puked in Stevensen so I had to pull over and Clean that mess. Got Home 8 hours after Starting the Trip home.
Old 07-24-2006, 03:32 AM
5 Year Member
Scion Driven Girls
SL Member

gRr!! I wish that I was able to go... I'm mad that I wasn't able to!!!!!!!
I'm away in the east coast *Michigan* and sadly hadn't seen any Scions for a couple of days (which was killing me!!!) until today, when I first got to Connecticut, saw an xb at the parking lot, then saw two tCs tonight at the movie theatre. :D Seeing them made my day. I miss my car.
Old 07-24-2006, 03:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Bad Luck.... the Cursed Show!

I'm still trying to recover... my body is so sore...
Old 07-24-2006, 04:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Oh my gosh everyone...the worst experience I had on the trip was having to listen to Kill Bill vol. 1 turned up with the hubby & young sis in the back and no one chillin' with me in the front.

Also the freakin wind!!!!!!! Several times the hot cross winds forced me to slow down to 70....or gasp....60 mph. We took is slow though and got a few great stops in along the way.

While it was hot as hades out there and the people were a little slow (our lunch at Olive Garden took over 1 1/2 hrs just to get us our food...and it wasn't crowded) I think that we'll make the trek next year and I'll spend more time in the water and Mo can spend his on the rides!

Thanks for coming along everyone!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-24-2006, 03:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

well Gabi and I made it home around 4 yesterday, then promptly passed out from exhaustion. I'll have pics up later today after work. didnt take too many but the 4X4 pics should be good.

camping was a hoot, getting trashed was even more fun. Falling off the tube at the water slide was fun, doing both coasters was even better!!!

congrats SE on the best team trophy! Congrats Evette on coming in 3rd in the modeling contest!

BTW I have the owrst sunburn I have ever had..... I can barely move from side to side my shoulders hurt so much. I can and will say it was worth it but next year, I'm taking extra time off and staying ina hotel... or flying....
Old 07-24-2006, 05:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

wooohooo.... so flippin hot.... .got home about 6-7.. i dunno.... is it sad that we cross over the mountains and happy to see the temp in the mid-90s???

was a blast... have mild sunburn both arms just between shoulder-1/2 to elbows.... not bad tho... just enough to say "hi"

fun times... still surprised we took a team trophy.. but i'll take it...

need to buy a new rim now on way home gassin up in cle elum.... Jenn curbed the rear passenger side ..... Dustin may have you attempt to fix it so its not a glarring boo-boo... but need to get a new one...

box just does not like the heat over there.... need to add fans to the stereo set up.... and driving wise... noticiably better power this side of the mntns
Old 07-24-2006, 05:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

WeDriveScions,

All the Trophies you had in the back of your TC probably caused the muffler to fall off

Congrats on all of them.
Old 07-24-2006, 06:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Kekai, we must've been right behind you!

We left at 2 and got home at 7. We stopped at the Wild Horses lookout and we also stopped in Cle Elum for gas.

This must be the first time that I didn't get a sunburn thanks to your 50 spf!!!

For the photo scavenger hunt you guys should dare someone to go put spf in an SE or SL logo on someone and then send them into a tanning salon and see what happens.
Old 07-24-2006, 06:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Well it's my turn to add a little horror story. The drive back was good. Avereaged about 80-85 from moses lake back to bellevue. I got home about 4pm so the drive didn't take too long. Got home and noticed that my radiator overflow tank got so hot it spitted radiator fluid all over the engine.. ha ha Nothing major, just need to put more fluid in..
All in all I had a great time.. The time Dustin fell off the intertube was the funniest s**t I have ever seen.. It was so funny you could hear Dustin laughing as he went down the tube and the lifeguard @ the top was even laughing his **** off.. Good times good times.

Can't wait to see the pictures of our boxes & a couple TC's (Not Tim's of course) doing a little off roading.
Old 07-24-2006, 09:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Great pics CoreyAnn!! I didn't even take a pic of my car so it's good to have one!

Thanks Dustin for the congrats and your cheers during the contest! I think it was a little rigged as I was the only girl who didn't 'know' someone. I also thought it was going to be just that, a modeling contest. Instead it turned into a pageant, with having to walk a certain way, do silly turns and poses, and answer questions. It was definitely a new experience!

It was really great seeing everyone even though I didn't have a lot of time to chat . . . everyone's cars looked awesome! Congrats to SE for winning a trophy! I know that's what I put as my club!

Overall it was a lot of fun! I'm looking forward to next year as I won't have the restrictions of 'trying to stay pretty' while everyone else is out enjoying the water park in the 100+ degree weather!

evette
Old 07-24-2006, 09:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by MoScion
WeDriveScions,

All the Trophies you had in the back of your TC probably caused the muffler to fall off

Congrats on all of them.
Thank you.... had to take them out to get to my tools to take the muffler off, had a little "Mini-Show" at multnomah falls....

I won -

Best Import
Best Scion
Crowd Favorite
3rd Place - Best Interior

BTW, my wife is sweet... she and my dad built a shelving setup for my trophies as a surprise, and it was done when I got home.... Nice thought of hers, as it was a bummer not to have her with me...

Old 07-24-2006, 09:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

How could I forget . . . congrats to Tim as well!

That's awesome that your wife did that for you! I need something like that for all my trophies from the neon.

evette
Old 07-24-2006, 11:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

I'll add my horror story too..

about 5 mintues from home some dork ina caprise station wagon merged onto the freeway about 3 inches in front of me and kicked up a rock into the windshield Now I have a fat quarter sized chuck missing. sigh.... lol
Old 07-24-2006, 11:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Tim, you do realize that you're gonna have to stop winning stuff. Your wife can only make so many shelves!

Congratulations to everyone. =D
Old 07-25-2006, 12:23 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Yeah awesome trip. sucks to ride solo though.. i know tim will agree with me on that one! I got home at about 1 (woot! for shortest drive time! finally!) Took a shower, and passed the F out. it was 104 in Wenatchee.
My war scar: So after all that tape job, i removed it for the show sat morning.. all looks good. wash car (thankfully by a female soccer team) then while detailing i noticed a sweet paint chunk missing from my hood (bout half a dime). but at least i didnt hit any cats!
Tim- Wow! nice wife! my wife would rather mine go in the basement! I noticed how low that pipe was on your muffler on our way to the campsite fri.. thought for sure you'd scrape it somewhere.. figgured you knew about it... so it probably was the addition of your new trophies that scraped it up! haha sort of an amusing story tho! ill bet your car sounded hella rice!
Thanks everyone who showed up, as always it was a ton of fun!
Great pics Coreyann and Mo! lets see some more (preferably not of my a**)!