ID, OR, WA

Hot Import Nights - Aug. 2nd

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2008, 01:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by willlangford
I still think underage girls need to have a bracelet or something...

ahahahahaha
Old 08-08-2008, 12:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

Couldn't make it up this year...But i noticed in the scion class they gave the wild scion to Mikes XD, but then gave it the 4-door mild place. I wish the judging would just stick to when your classified you stay in that class. Just my opinion though!

Looking forward to some pictures! Also that girl in the pictures is pretty cute...
Old 08-08-2008, 12:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One
SL Member

Originally Posted by cee_dub2003
Couldn't make it up this year...But i noticed in the scion class they gave the wild scion to Mikes XD, but then gave it the 4-door mild place. I wish the judging would just stick to when your classified you stay in that class. Just my opinion though!

Looking forward to some pictures! Also that girl in the pictures is pretty cute...
Personally I think it was done fair. Otherwise there would have been no Wild Scion award. None of the cars there where in wild classification.

I would rather see the best Scion at the show get wild, the 2nd best get mild. Rather than people getting classed where they shouldn't be. Just my 2 cents.

BTW It was awesome watching him drive out and all the Honda guys looking going WTF that's a Scion?!
Old 08-08-2008, 01:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

Personally I think it was done fair. Otherwise there would have been no Wild Scion award. None of the cars there where in wild classification.

I would rather see the best Scion at the show get wild, the 2nd best get mild. Rather than people getting classed where they shouldn't be. Just my 2 cents.

BTW It was awesome watching him drive out and all the Honda guys looking going WTF that's a Scion?!

I agree with you totally. but the car should have been wild then period!
Old 08-08-2008, 01:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One
SL Member

I agree with you totally. but the car should have been wild then period!
But it's not wild. Lots of different opinions on judging thought. That's always how it is. Just getting a wild trophy for having the best I don't think should knock a car out of the running for 4dr.
Old 08-08-2008, 03:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I agree.. I think a car should still be able to compete in 2 door or 4 door even if you take best make/model
Old 08-08-2008, 06:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

Originally Posted by ratcityrain
I agree.. I think a car should still be able to compete in 2 door or 4 door even if you take best make/model
What i was trying to say is. If a Toyota(example) is given a wild Toyota make award. then that vehicle should be classed in the wild for that show. Not dropped down to mild and given a mild 2/4 door award. then that takes a spot away from a true mild car that should have deserved a mild 2/4/ door award. I have seen it not just in the Scion class in other classes as well. Its not fair for a mild vehicle that could have got a 5th place mild trophy. but was bumped out because a vehicle that should be in the wild class was given a 2/4 door mild spot.

Just how i see it!
Old 08-08-2008, 07:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One
SL Member

What i was trying to say is. If a Toyota(example) is given a wild Toyota make award. then that vehicle should be classed in the wild for that show. Not dropped down to mild and given a mild 2/4 door award. then that takes a spot away from a true mild car that should have deserved a mild 2/4/ door award. I have seen it not just in the Scion class in other classes as well. Its not fair for a mild vehicle that could have got a 5th place mild trophy. but was bumped out because a vehicle that should be in the wild class was given a 2/4 door mild spot.

Just how i see it!
The car is classed as a mild car, always has been, always will be unless Mike pulls a fast one on us. Being class mild, as every Scion was at this show the car was simply moved up to wild for a trophy to let someone else get the mild one. It was never moved down a class to get a 4dr trophy in this case. Really the NCCA let the Scion class have 2 trophy's instead of just one if they hadn't bumped someone. I really don't think it would be fair if they just left it at mild and only gave one trophy. And if someone is bumped, being a mild car, I know you would be ____ed if that knocked you out of the running for a 2/4dr trophy that your car should have won.
Old 08-08-2008, 07:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

Just how i see it!
The car is classed as a mild car, always has been, always will be unless Mike pulls a fast one on us. Being class mild, as every Scion was at this show the car was simply moved up to wild for a trophy to let someone else get the mild one. It was never moved down a class to get a 4dr trophy in this case. Really the NCCA let the Scion class have 2 trophy's instead of just one if they hadn't bumped someone. I really don't think it would be fair if they just left it at mild and only gave one trophy. And if someone is bumped, being a mild car, I know you would be ____ed if that knocked you out of the running for a 2/4dr trophy that your car should have won.

Your Right... My apologies...
Old 08-09-2008, 03:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I agree with you cee dub - I don't think they should bump anyone unless they requested to the judges prior to being judged to be moved into a category..

in this situation like Willangford was saying, I do agree with this since all of us were placed in Mild it was nice to give a wild to 1st place Scion and 2nd place got the mild so that there was still at least 2 trophies given..

it's all about politics... not everyone at any of these shows will ever be happy.. There was a lot at this one that I didn't agree with like a H2 winning best SUV over a custome wide body FX35 with a motorswap twin turbos and custom HRE 22's and so on.... Sometimes you just got to say that's bs and move on.
Old 08-09-2008, 03:37 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

that FX35 had all that doen and was beat by an H2 WTF!! I saw it rolling into town on Aug 1st as i was leaving work. That thing was beautiful along with the G35 coupes that accompanied it. Alot of nice rides came in that afternoon. Including DoDaddy. i saw him and yelled and waved.
Old 08-09-2008, 03:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

viets fx is the ish!