Notices
Regional - Pacific Northwest
ID, OR, WA

i need some help with from anyone with junkyard knowledge...

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2007, 06:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default i need some help with from anyone with junkyard knowledge...

i need some help everyone...

i'm not really all that great when it comes to searching for used parts let alone what i'm looking for...

i need a xB shell, i don't care if it's totaled or not as long as everything from the front door frames and forward is in good health.

as some have seen in another post, i'm doing a water fuel cell project and i'm going to be fitting it to a 1ZZFE motor and turbo it. i need atleast the front end of a xB shell from the front door frames and up in good health to use as a fitment frame so i can fabricate some mounts and whatnot. i need a shell to be the manican for the settup.

so how would i go about finding one? i've tried looking for junkyards with shells but all i ever get is parts. what should i be asking or where should i be looking for a shell?
Old 10-29-2007, 06:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

curious and not very hepful: water fuel cell as in using electricity to extract hydrogen as means to power an engine?
Old 10-29-2007, 06:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yes, eletrolysis as it is. my goal is to fully power a 1ZZFE turbo performance engine off of it which is doable.

but i need a xB shell to work with on this. need to fit the built engine and make some mounts for it and figure what i need to do to fashion the system before a permenant install is done.

right now i'm pretty sure i can get it running fully off the cell but if it's not capable of producing the fuel needed then i know for a fact that i can do a 75% HHO / 25% gas hybrid *based off what my design should be able to handle*.

again though, i need a shell to work with but don't know how to go about getting one. is there a way to find actual totaled vehicles before they are sent to junkyards for parting or before that are salvaged, repaired and sold as rebuilds?
Old 10-29-2007, 08:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Bah! sorry for the trouble, took me a bit to get the wording right on the search.

found me a good one, wrecked 06 xB thats lituraly brand new... engine isn't even hardly broken in... just under 1,700miles on it which means i get a test engine aswell thats in perfect condition. this allows me to test the effects of both a stock engine and a performance engine with stainless parts *testing the effects of the fuel to see if it's water base has effect on more then the exhuast system, theres no mention of problems on other internals, doesn't hurt to test it though*.

they want $6,500 for it, i figure it's worth it. technicaly a brand new engine with all accessories and in running condition... just a beat-2-**** frame past the front doors which is exactly what i was looking for.
Old 10-30-2007, 12:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

there is a place called nix 99 that specializes in used/wrecked toyota parts and cars sold cheap

nix99.com
Old 11-01-2007, 03:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Still curious: Are you planning to extract and store hydrogen before driving? Or create it on the fly? From my understanding, the electricity needed to extract the hydrogen is nearly on par with energy that can be converted by the engine. Essentially, from my limited understanding, its almost a zero gain situation. That and hydrogen, even if compressed and stored as a liquid, has much lower potential of energy per volume than its equivalent in gasoline.

Not dissing, just really wondering what you have planned