lacey car show

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 04:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

Default lacey car show

well this one slipped my mind and it is this saturday here is the website if anyone would like to come

http://www.ci.lacey.wa.us/events/upd...y_event_z.html

it is called Summer's end in lacey i am going so if anyone would like to hang out with me and the tibs hit me up i know it is short notice but like i said before slipped my mine sorry. so far who is going
oh yeah i know that the tacoma car thing is going on and i think scion exposed (portland)
1.....Brad
Old 09-12-2007, 05:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Have fun, will be on the cruise this weekend. Why does everything happen in a few short weekends? lol.
Old 09-12-2007, 11:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

yeah i know i went last year and i was one of only three scions so i guess again i will be alllllll alone LOL other then that it is a fun car show, lots of stuff for the kids and great food and drinks ( no beer) lol i am hopeing to win something this year since i have more stuff on the ride. Plus i will be rollin in with the tib group LOL
Old 09-13-2007, 03:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Driven Girls
SL Member

what time does it start? i might go just to get out the house
Old 09-13-2007, 06:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

x2, when is rollin in time or when does the car show start? I might go to this instead of garage sales..nothing else to do

also, I'm gonna bring my doggie Emily
Old 09-14-2007, 02:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

i think i am meeting up with the tibs around 7:30 am ummm check the web site i think it will have the info
Old 09-14-2007, 06:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

oops, didn't see the link.

So I will be there, probably around 9-930ish

Brad, if you can save me a spot! How many cars were at the show last year?
Old 09-14-2007, 10:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

alot, alot of hot rods and i think around 20 or so imports and i shall do
Old 09-15-2007, 01:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member
Scion Evolution

What kind of classes are there?
Old 09-15-2007, 02:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

ummmm i dont know just a bunch of random ones but i do know they do have some sorta import ones
Old 09-15-2007, 03:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Hmm... i may be able to, not certain
Old 09-15-2007, 11:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

Oh ok are you guys ready it is time for me to vent my fustration well me, oly nate and corina showed at the car show well at first it was cool talked to a few people and had a blast, ummmm stode next to our cars for a while and i dont even think a judge even came to the scions or maybe i have no clue but i didnt notice any one doing that well then when it was time to do the awards we are in two groups one being best foreign and best 1990 and up well that mean we get to be up against corvetts yeah well foreign award went to a kia yeah lol know the kid who won congrates and the 1990 and up went to you guessed it a corvett why in the world are we imports going up against corvetts ???? well oh yeah i am sorry but i think the judges we all older guys and know nothing about imports if a judge walked up to my car or others and found out what we have all done to them then maybe we might have gotten something. well next time guys i say go to this car show stop me please i am now boycotting this show and other shows that involve classic car show the judges are all older people and know nothing about imports they need like some younger judges that have some kind of idea about imports to judge our cars but like i said i stood next to my car well we all stood next to our cars and not one judge ever came up to the rides to judge and ask us anything. so like i said please stop me from ever going to classic car show shows please now if you want to ream me one for this post go right ahead, like i said before this is just my letting out a little steam. other then that we rept scion as best as we could TA was there to show oly whats up LOL thanks carina and nate for showing really had a great time. later

ps older people who are judges please come and ask questions about our cars when judging there is so many small details that we have done to them that it would be interesting that we point them out to you when judging thanks
Old 09-15-2007, 11:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Driven Girls
SL Member

yea dont count on winning anything at a show that features classic cars :/
thats how it was for the car show on mcchord
Old 09-16-2007, 02:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yup, I never saw a judge....I was shocked that even with the Tiburon group, Kia group, and a few other imports, there was just the Best Foreign category???? $20 a person should have gotten us at least a 4 cylinder award or SOMETHING! Maybe if we can get some people to email the coordinators, they might look into getting someone from a Lacey Dealership out there next year to judge and also consider more categories for NON-CLASSIC cars, lol.

....oh well, I had fun and the burger was awesome. Hey thanx for saving me the spot Brad, sorry I was late. If Nate is on SL, it was nice to meet you and I had fun

"DAT'S A PI-BULL BIOTCH!"
Old 09-16-2007, 02:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

umm...pics in a bit....I'm so tired!
Old 09-16-2007, 02:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

There were over 300 cars there and I got pics of the ones that I liked the best but just uploaded a few. OOps, I forgot to get a pic of that guy's RX-7(?) with the Chevy small block V8 engine swap, it was swEEt!

"no open bottles in this car, officer":

my favorite car there, because of the beautiful green paint job. It looked wayyy better in person:

2nd favorite paint job:

wwoww:

Old 09-16-2007, 04:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

I had a blast, even though I was slightly ____ed considering our cars were about 100 times cooler than the tib's and the Kia's. Who cares if you have 913429043 screens. We ride in style ****.
Old 09-16-2007, 05:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

Brad.........next time I see you i will roll up on you in my KIA......vroommmmmmm.......shes got stock hubcaps baby.........and a panasonic stereo.......... how the Effen can a KIA win anything........and why would you mod one.........
Old 09-16-2007, 06:45 AM
DCL

I thought the Scions were very well represented at this car show… all were top notch, high quality rides… I was sure that at least one of them would win.

It's tough going up against other competitors at a predominantly all-Hot Rod venue like this, but no respectable tuner would let that deter them from competing in these kind of shows. The more imports that show up for these kind of events, the better the chances are that they’ll create a proper category for them to compete in.

Contacting the show promoters for these events, and communicating to them your displeasure in not having enough, or adequate competition categories for imports, might just get them to create one. They won’t know unless you don’t tell them!
Old 09-16-2007, 07:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

well i will try to contact them about it, plus i heard from of my tib friends that some of the classic car dudes where like why are these cars here they dont belong. i just say you know what those classics are what they grew up in and that is there era of cars these are our era of cars and we enjoy them just as much as theres. plus i really love looking at the sweet hot rods i have no bad vibes, my sisters dad when i lived at home that is all he did was mod hot rods, plus i owned a 1960 ford falcon as my first car so those old times can go a blow it out of the exhaust. but anyways yeah i didnt even have one judge walk by our cars that is what ____ed me off the most. and i dont except to win anything i am there to have fun and show off what i have done to my ride and if i win well thats good. Plus we did talk to this one older gentelman and he was one of the guys passing out awards later but he use to own an xb and says he still love the scions but needed a truck to be able to haul stuff. but anyways the guy that won with the kia he has a bunch of stuff in his ride. tv's,lights and a bunch of engine mods and others. well i still dont know if i am going to go next year just going to have to wait and see, but i will get ahold of them first and see what they say about it. thanks

Quick Reply: lacey car show