ID, OR, WA

lacey car show

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2007, 11:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One

SL Member

I have been to a few shows where I didn't get judged, and it sucks! But I have also learned that if you go to these shows, any show for that matter expecting to win a trophy you will be disappointed at one time or another.

I don't care if you drive a honda, tib, kia , scion or whatever. If your car is well done it's well done. How many shows have we gone to and seen "poison ivy" win best of show? I hate seeing that car, but it deserves to win.

If you go and participate in a show, do it to have a good time.
Old 09-17-2007, 11:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Brad & gang...I'll call the promoter tomorrow and find out about the judging for this year and see how we can inprove the import classes for next year.
Old 09-17-2007, 11:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Let me clarify:

We (Brad, Nate, and I) are NOT complaining about not winning a trophy. It's about being ignored and not even having an award category for the NUMEROUS import cars that pre-registered for this event. For example:

You invite people to a bbq and say everyone is welcome, vegetarians, vegans, etc....you are aware that 20+ vegetarians RSVP'ed at $15 a person...then when they get to the bbq, the only dish without any meat is a bowl of potato salad......THAT'S why we were upset.
Old 09-18-2007, 12:38 AM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah, out of the 29 cars I have owned, only two have been Scions, folks, and while some were great cars and some were dismal, I wouldn't want someone ELSE to badmouth any of 'em - that's MY job as owner.

BTW, CoreyAnn, well said, brava!

Kia folks are very welcome here - we may even sell 'em on trying a Scion, who knows.

Do NOT badmouth someone else, their car, their family, or their pets - at least not here.

Like my mum always said: "If you don't have something nice to say don't say anything at all."

Tom
Old 09-18-2007, 01:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

i am with carina, i was not there just to win something i was there to have fun and enjoy my self which i think i did i good job at it, it was just like we have said before no judges no nothing it gets me how we were there standing around our cars cleaning them and getting them all nice a shinny and no nothing not even one judge saying is this your car and what have you done to it that i cant see from the naked eye???? thank you coryann for you help thanks