Notices
Regional - Pacific Northwest
ID, OR, WA

Looking for Scion Community help...

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 10:49 PM
Banned
SL Member

I am glad he turned himself in. I never really understood people that take off....eventually it always catches up with them and leaving in the first place made it a bigger crime. Now if he was drunk....he probably left so they couldn't prove that.. But at least now his family can have some closure instead of always wondering if the person responsible would be caught.
Old 09-12-2008, 11:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well i doubt he was thinking long term when he ran. he probably paniced like tomas said and thought it was his only option.
Old 09-13-2008, 04:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Back in '95, I hit a drunk pedestrian that ran out in front of me. I thought of leaving but just the thought of being locked up with some straight-up crazy criminals in jail just didn't suit well with me. I stayed right there till the cops showed up. The guy was in a coma for 2 weeks but did pull through...

Btw, it's good that this kid turned himself in!
Old 09-16-2008, 09:20 PM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Still looking for Christina Ripple (white tC, WA License 523-XEM) ...

Charges filed in Puyallup hit-and-run crash that killed bicyclist
STACEY MULICK; The News Tribune
Published: September 16th, 2008 09:27 AM | Updated: September 16th, 2008 01:21 PM

Pierce County prosecutors filed charges this morning against a man suspected of street racing when he hit and killed a bicyclist on a Puyallup street last week, then fled the scene.

Blair Robert Jensen, 23, is scheduled to appear in Pierce County Superior Court this afternoon for his arraignment on vehicular homicide and failure to remain at the scene of an accident that resulted in injury of death. Jensen turned himself into authorities Friday afternoon, then bailed out later that day.

John McRae III, a 51-year-old Sumner father, was riding his bicycle the night of Sept. 8 in the 2600 block of East Main Avenue. He was struck by a passing car and died at the scene.

Witnesses told authorities the car, a Cadillac CTS, didn’t stop. One witness reported he’d been racing the Cadillac when the crash occurred. The witness said he was eastbound on East Main Avenue when the Cadillac pulled up and the driver, Jensen, revved his engine.

“The witness downshifted to second gear and accelerated to approximately 50 to 55 mph,” charging documents state. “He told officers that the Cadillac quickly passed him at a high rate of speed so he slowed down. He stated the Cadillac was approximately 500 feet in front of him when it hit the bicyclist.”

A tow company impounded the Cadillac, which had been abandoned on the side of a street, the next day and called police. Investigators released Jensen’s name and photograph to the media in hopes of finding him. They also contacted his family and relatives of his girlfriend’s in an attempt to find the two. Court documents indicate family members of both were not cooperative and referred detectives to lawyers.

Prosecutors also have charged Jensen’s girlfriend, 20-year-old Christina Ripple, with first-degree rendering criminal assistance. She has not been located, and a warrant has been issued for her arrest.
Old 09-16-2008, 09:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Pscifun
SL Member

um thats kinda pathetic that the families are not being cooperative.. How would they feel if they were in that situation and the other people weren't helping out.. Man people today
Old 09-17-2008, 12:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I agree - if that were my kid i turn his ___ in for being stupid
Old 09-17-2008, 02:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

If it was my kid I would shoot them and drop them onthe courthouse steps......does that make me a bad parent........
Old 09-17-2008, 03:01 AM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

...I'd just ask to have my handcuffs back when they were through with 'em...
Old 09-17-2008, 04:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

Tomas........you are a odd soul.......I like that.......good man.
Old 09-17-2008, 02:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member
Scion Evolution

ya he's calm and collective compared to us lol
Old 02-18-2009, 07:32 PM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well, Blair made the news AGAIN...

Defendant’s e-mails lead to higher bail
IAN DEMSKY; ian.demsky@thenewstribune.com

• Don’t send an e-mail to 25 people saying you are “just playing on the internet driving back from colorado,” and that you “towed the dodge 1300 miles to Boulder Colorado to trade it for this (expletive) Monster Truck” when the conditions of your $500,000 bond say you can’t leave the state.

• Don’t write “We just stopped for a second on the freeway to unload the machine gun on a herd of deer” when you also are prohibited from having guns (not to mention being prohibited from other violations of criminal law).

Jensen, who turned 24 on Valentine’s Day, was charged with killing a 51-year-old bicyclist in Puyallup while street racing last September. According to a state Department of Licensing spokesman, he still has a valid driver’s license.

Attempts to reach Jensen’s attorney Tuesday were not successful.

Pierce County deputy prosecutor Tim Jones said Superior Court Judge Katherine Stolz was angry that Jensen flouted the conditions of his release.

At a bail hearing Friday, Jensen’s bond was raised to $1 million in light of the e-mail and some photos that accompanied it. Both were included in court filings available online.

Stolz also changed some of the conditions of Jensen’s release, restricting him to just Pierce County instead of a four-county area.

She also underlined the section about firearms and one forbidding him from consuming alcohol or drugs, or associating with those who do.

“Zero tolerance – violations bail goes to $2,000,000,” she wrote.

Ian Demsky: 253-597-8756
http://www.thenewstribune.com/news/l...ry/630221.html

http://digg.com/people/Defendant_s_e...to_higher_bail

(Actually this SOB should be remanded and sit in a cell until trial IMHO.)
Old 02-20-2009, 10:16 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One

SL Member

well I have said it before....you can't fix stupid
Old 02-20-2009, 10:45 PM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Stupidity doesn't hurt, but it should...

Stupidity cannot be cured with money, or through education, or by legislation. Stupidity is not a sin, the victim can't help being stupid. But stupidity is the only universal capital crime; the sentence is death, there is no appeal, and execution is carried out automatically and without pity.
-- Robert Anson Heinlein

He also sent pics of the monster truck he was hauling back from Colorado with those e-mails...

http://www.zimbio.com/Crime+Time/art...Monster+Trucks

Old 02-22-2009, 08:19 PM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

http://blogs.thenewstribune.com/crim...1_million_bail
Old 02-24-2009, 03:07 PM
SL Member

Too bad you can't charge people for being a D-bag, first class.
Stupid, arrogant AND having no regard for his fellow earth-walkers.
I would say "his parents must be so proud", but with them being uncooperative, it sounds like they might actually BE proud. The nut doesn't fall far from the tree.
I'm with Tomas on this, just give me my handcuffs back.

Kiiski