Regional - Pacific Northwest
ID, OR, WA

Michaels Toyota in Bellevue.....

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 05:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Michaels Toyota in Bellevue.....

So i went there bout 2 weeks ago to get my car serviced..and came away thinking i needed a whole new driver side axel..well after further inspection and havin a mechanic friend of mine check it out turns out my front axel isnt blown and my boot isnt torn like they said..i only lost the clamp..as im starring at it i noticed my break line is just dangling in my wheel well..turns out the moron tech @ toyota forgot to re attach it and now it is torn..and on top of all of that they didnt even fill my tires up to spec(easy fix i know) but just shows the lazyness of there employees..definitely will never step foot in that place again..well only to get my money back for the axel and _____ at the service advisor for the ____ty ___ job they did..just frustrated with the whole situation..i thought only sketchy looking shops pull that crap..sorry again for venting..just super frustrated and annoyed..
Old 07-06-2010, 06:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That is totally the opposite of my experiences there actually, I always had great service there when I needed it and issues were correctly diagnosed when I brought them up and covered as I expected.

That is some pretty shoddy/lazy work through, never had issues like that there personally. I hope going through the proper channels finds you a swift resolution and an apology and the appropriate refund for whatever work or parts you did or didn't need or have done, etc..
Old 07-06-2010, 03:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member
Scion Evolution

That is strange. They have always been good from what I have heard.

Only dealership I have ever had a real bad problem was is the one in Everett

Sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with them
Old 07-06-2010, 05:50 PM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The service at any dealership (and shop, for that matter) depends on the tech who does the work - some are just better than others.

Once you find a good one - one who always goes that little extra distance and does the job RIGHT - always ask for them to work on your car.

If you find one who does jobs half way, doesn't double check, and is sloppy, insist they never touch your car again - in writing.

Always check the service documents to see who did the work, and it it was not the person you requested, ask why not. If it was the person you told them should never so much as touch your car, raise Hell!

If at all possible, ask to be shown the work they did before you accept the car back...
Old 07-06-2010, 07:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The only place i've ever had trouble was Toyota of Kirkland when they grounded out my front lip on a curb. I will never be going back to them again.
Old 07-06-2010, 11:37 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member

Wow never had a problem from there before! Get in touch w/ Josh Coutts and see if he can help you get a resolution to this...He bends over backwards for us Scion owners so I am sure he will go out of his way to take care of you!
Old 07-07-2010, 12:18 AM
SL Member

Took my car in to scion of bellevue for a knock on the passenger side of the engine (near the water pump) and the tech said he couldn't hear it even though Erik(Kanchi) and Pete (Alienvictim) heard it along with me. Furthermore they didn't do the alignment i requested and quoted me $2000 to "repair" my rattling sunroof... It seems odd but i'll still buy 5AD stuff from them (because Josh is a cool guy)
Old 07-07-2010, 01:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

went back there today to talk to the service manager about the situation and he said theres no way they would of even touched my breaks..soo idk mysteriously my brake line was disconected from the strut and now torn atleast it was only the outer tubing..but ya idk maybe i just got one lazy ___ dude..there was a white honda civic hatch back in there that everyone was starring at and checking out..guy must of just been distracted didnt even fill my tires to spec..oh well i vented im over it now..
Old 07-07-2010, 01:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

oh and goke i think i may have seen you in bothell hte other day by canyon park..i work in bothell soo im cruisin by all the time..
Old 07-07-2010, 02:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

i went to toyota of olympia for an free oil change and then went to work a few times and decided to clean my engine and i noticed oil all over passenger side area and the oil cap was like half on and i did all the prep work for them because i had an aftermarket oil cap that when you needed to take it off you had to remove the engine cover so i took it off and replaced it with the stock one. i guess he got in a hurry so now i do my own oil change.
Old 07-07-2010, 03:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

Thats ok guys......here is the last thing I was told about Ruby......apparently a dealership that I will not name but I tell you what they are gonna get an earful from me.......refused warrenty work on the sunroof......get this....because it had been sueded......

The sunroof was kicking back open when you would close it.......the fix is of course to close the roof and hold the switch for a few seconds after it is closed......this resets the motor to the start position.......

Guess they told said owner it would be $100 diagnostic to look at the sunroof.......argued with the owner that their $1295 Platnium Warrenty was no good because of fabric being applied to an interior.......

I plan to walk in to said/unsaid dealership this weekend with my Modify or Die shirt on that I was given from Scion Exposed and see if they like my nasty mean tone I intend to bring.......

Honestly give me my $1295 back,I take checks even.......I would love to bet the service manager I could do any work on a tC and do it better and faster than any of their techs.......for his job vs. my $1295.....

Honestly if the dealership does not get their head out of their .......you know.......I wont be buying a car there as planned next year.....so come on Toyota.......your customers are not happy with your lack of effort to solve simple problems........the ball is in your court......

After bringing you business,helping host car shows,bringing you the car to check out with each new mod....which are all cosmetic and changed to stock in what 3 days,well now maybe a days work to go back to stock......

Just lame guys........

Signed a future Speed3 instead of the new AE86 or what ever it is gonna be called if this keeps up.......
Old 07-08-2010, 11:53 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by MooSE55
oh and goke i think i may have seen you in bothell hte other day by canyon park..i work in bothell soo im cruisin by all the time..
lol probably, i live just east on canyon park
Old 07-08-2010, 11:54 PM
SL Member

Brian my sunroof does the same thing!!.... too bad my warranty is up on it
Old 07-09-2010, 01:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It's a semi-common problem. The fix is to grease the rails that push down the wind deflector. the friction between the rails and the sunroof causes the "pinch-proof" feature to activate.
Old 07-09-2010, 09:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
United Imports
SL Member

That's OK, I took my car back to Puyallup and the service manager told me my 08 had aftermarket headlight assy. LOL thats what I did still stock and never changed them at all still leaks both sides. Now no war. every time I took my car to them all they could say was if its been mod. I voided the war and the extend one to. never went back. I just got real mad and every time I see a comm. on the tv I say yeah right build it to your taste and void your warranty.
Old 07-09-2010, 09:31 AM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Per federal law (Moss-Magnuson Act) unless the "modification" or "aftermarket parts" directly caused the problem, they are legally on the hook covering the factory parts and labor under warranty.

Even if an aftermarket part or modification DOES screw something up, it does not void the REST of the warranty.

Federal law sets forth requirements for warranties and contains a number of provisions to prevent vehicle manufacturers, dealers and others from unjustly denying warranty coverage. With regard to aftermarket parts, the spirit of the law is that warranty coverage cannot be denied simply because such parts are present on the vehicle, or have been used. The warranty coverage can be denied only if the aftermarket part caused the malfunction or damage for which warranty coverage is sought. Disputes in this area usually boil down to arguments over facts and technical opinions, rather than arguments over interpretations of the law.
http://www.semasan.com/main/main.aspx?id=60128
Old 07-09-2010, 11:38 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by Leadfootlarry6
That's OK, I took my car back to Puyallup and the service manager told me my 08 had aftermarket headlight assy. LOL thats what I did still stock and never changed them at all still leaks both sides. Now no war. every time I took my car to them all they could say was if its been mod. I voided the war and the extend one to. never went back. I just got real mad and every time I see a comm. on the tv I say yeah right build it to your taste and void your warranty.
I would either go to another dealership or request the service manager. I would ask for then to prove that the headlights were aftermarket. When they realized they were not I would tell them to now expidite me a new set ASAP and tell them that you will be looking forward to the customer service survey when it come in the mail. They are actually affected by those btw.
Old 07-09-2010, 10:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

Yeah I think Toyota must of lost their mind,especially at the dealership I use.......

goke186,just check the rails,they use white grease,and then reset the motor to start postion like I said by holding the button in the close position for a few seconds and it will reset the sunroof motor and you should be good to go......