Regional - Pacific Northwest
ID, OR, WA

Moderator Please close this thread...

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2011, 06:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Moderator Please close this thread...

Delete thread thanks

Last edited by LOL-BOX; 09-19-2011 at 02:35 PM.
Old 09-13-2011, 06:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

no pics = FAIL lol
sounds nice
Old 09-13-2011, 07:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by masterbB
no pics = FAIL lol
sounds nice
I will be sure to have some before/after pics of everything I want to build suspense ;D I have a huge yard project going on hopefully done before I get my rims on

Last edited by LOL-BOX; 09-15-2011 at 06:06 AM.
Old 09-13-2011, 07:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Okay, so a few things... sounds awesome what you're doing so far.
1.) Don't get a vinyl overlay for your bumper. It will chip and crack, trust me, I did the same thing and that very same outcome came to fruition. If you want to dress up the front bumper, check out Fastscions.com and get yourself the cf bumper cap. Since your relocating the license plate anyway it will be clean looking and a lot more durable than the vinyl.

2.) As far as visors are concerned, if you're looking for clean lines, get the AVS Seamless vent visors. They are a tad spendy but look amazing and are DURABLE!

3.) If you are gonna beef up the suspension, may I also suggest the HOTCHKIS F&R sway bar kit? It Will DEF add to your driving experience and make your car much more responsive. Also take a look into the Tanabe Strut tower brace, IMHO I prefer the Tanabe over the TRD because you can preload the bar and adjust it accordingly where as the TRD is just a solid piece of metal. Like I said, those are just my opinions... take them for what they're worth.

4.) Welcome to the Scionlife my friend. All of us Washingtonian folk are glad to have you with us and I personally look forward to seeing another tricked out 2nd Gen'r on the road. Here's a pic of my ride so you can kind of get an idea of some of the suggestions I threw out there for ya.

Name:  xB2.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  149.5 KB
Old 09-13-2011, 07:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

LtBradleykins, Love the look of your car and thanks for the recommendations. I actually have been looking for the flush visor look and found some called VIP and are seamless as well but I will look closer into your recommendation. Glad someone else has reassured me that I am headed the right direction on staying with a clean line. All of your suspension recommendations are great and things that are on the some day list. It was in some ways a bit hard to justify dropping the cash I just did into it today when ordering all the parts but the pay off will be well worth it. I also like the look of your cf bumper cap definitely going to add that to my must have list and the round fogs as well.

$100 bux shipped on ebay for the avs seamless gonna order them tonight. Every brand is in this price range might as well go with a clean look and quality visor http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/AVS-S...ht_2207wt_1165

Old 09-13-2011, 03:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Always glad to help! Thanks for the props, I'm envisioning yours right now, and I totally like where you are going! If you need any other ideas or advice or just a sounding board to throw ideas against the NW crew is here for ya!
Old 09-13-2011, 03:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by LtBradleykins
Always glad to help! Thanks for the props, I'm envisioning yours right now, and I totally like where you are going! If you need any other ideas or advice or just a sounding board to throw ideas against the NW crew is here for ya!

First thing this morning I canceled the k&n intake and ordered the CF Bumper cap and ordered the 2zero6factory plate re-locator. My buddy rocks the plate re locator on his RS 1.0 and it looks like you have used one too. I am going to order some horns in either red or purple and was wondering were you picked up the bottom grill with fog lights? And thanks again you changed my direction ever so slightly! And managed to pick up the AVS Seamless vent visors for $90 shipped. What size are your wheels and offset? And are you on DF210's?
Old 09-13-2011, 08:44 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I am running a vinyl overlay and has no rock chips yet, I even wax it and it looks pretty nice, also matches the oem window overlays perfectly. I paid around $50 to have it done by Wrapjax in Tacoma, they do good work and can do anything you want as far as overlays go.

Oh, and if your going to get Hella horns try to find someone that has the German ones if you can, Hella closed the factory in Germany and opened one in India, they will say made in India right on the front, not cool imo. A lot of sellers still have the old German pics up on there websites so be sure to e-mail them and find out which ones they actually have, just my 2cents if it matters to ya. BTW there is no cost difference.
Old 09-14-2011, 01:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Picked up the wink mirror today so that I can start sticker bombing it. I needed something to do all this wait for parts on order is killing me. Geeking out my wink mirror is just the beginning. I will post up some pix after its installed.

Old 09-14-2011, 04:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

LOL-BOX, that is awesome man, diggin the mirror! As far as the Fog lights, if you hit up TRDSparks.com you can get a pretty decent deal on the fog light kit. Mine actually came with the car but I did need to pick up a new foglight bezel because I hit some shrapnel on road. The lower grille I got from Figure Engineering you can find them on EBay, the grille is actually contoured too so it flows with the lines of the car. My Rims are 18"x8" with a +25 offset, wrapped in 215/40ZR18 Nitto NeoGens. And I dropped my car with Eibach Sportlines. No rubbing issues at all, and didn't even have to roll the fenders.
Old 09-14-2011, 07:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Wow, that's alot... & I thought I did mine fast, lol! (mine is the Blue Onyx Pearl gen1 behind Brad's in the pic above) Good work LOL_BOX, can't wait to see it man ;-)
Old 09-14-2011, 09:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

My Rims are 18"x8" with a +25 offset, wrapped in 215/40ZR18 Nitto NeoGens. And I dropped my car with Eibach Sportlines. No rubbing issues at all, and didn't even have to roll the fenders.
I had a feeling you were running a +25 offset I tried to get the same offset on my xxr's but it was 90 days backordered so I went with a 17x9 +35 offset Prb gonna have to do wheel spacers to get the look I want :/ Looks like my parts from scionpartspeople.com are coming in tomorrow! Spoiler & Illuminated door sills

Did you paint the fog light grill black?

Also what do you think about these as an alternative to the 200$ fogs your running? I have also seen them in clear for 70$ Likely not as good quality but still pulls off the look
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Scion...ht_3353wt_1165

Originally Posted by 2006xbbop
Wow, that's alot... & I thought I did mine fast, lol! (mine is the Blue Onyx Pearl gen1 behind Brad's in the pic above) Good work LOL_BOX, can't wait to see it man ;-)
Thanks dude I hope it all turns out the way I want. In some ways its hard to go out and get everything at once because something might not work right ya know? I am being fairly conservative with some of my decisions so hopefully it all pays off and it is what I am looking for in the end. (Crosses Fingers)

Last edited by LOL-BOX; 09-15-2011 at 06:13 AM.
Old 09-15-2011, 07:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The foglight grille actually came powder coated black. And a 9" wide tire with a +35 offset would come pretty close to what I got, go to the xB2 forum and look up a guy named CIONIDE, he is the wheel and suspension fitment GURU! I actually referred to him for reference.
Old 09-15-2011, 10:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The foglight grille actually came powder coated black. And a 9" wide tire with a +35 offset would come pretty close to what I got, go to the xB2 forum and look up a guy named CIONIDE, he is the wheel and suspension fitment GURU! I actually referred to him for reference.
Do you have the lower and upper grille were your hella horns are or is it just deleted completely out?

Spoiler & illuminated door sills came today. Springs look like they will be here Tuesday and Rims Friday possibly Monday at the latest
Old 09-15-2011, 11:49 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

There's a grille there.
Old 09-16-2011, 04:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by NocturnalxRS6
There's a grille there.
I can't decide wether to delete the oem grille or not i think I will just keep the stock grille on at first and see if it works or not with the cf b cap. I picked up some red hella style horns from my buddies at sickspeed.com located in Moxee WA gonna toss those behind the grille.

And on a side note www.scionpartspeople.com aka "toyota of puyallup" sent me a wing with no hardware to install it. First major setback I wont have the hardware until Tuesday now does anyone know if I can buy hardware for it on my own?

And on a positive note my wheels came in today and my springs are in in Tuesday. And Meeko and I installed the wink mirror last night pix coming soon

Last edited by LOL-BOX; 09-16-2011 at 05:11 PM.
Old 09-16-2011, 06:33 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Your stock horns are staggared, 1 is up a few inches higher than the other so they are not lined up at all, hopefully you new horns come with some brackets or you'll have to make your own, the hellas came with brackets that worked perfectly for me, something to look at first before you start pulling things apart

As for the spoiler hardware I would just wait and get them from the dealer.

Also I would not delete the grille, I think youll find itll be pretty ugly especially if your going for a clean look, find an RS6 grille if you can or something like bradleys thatll show off the horns more.
Old 09-16-2011, 08:12 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Built? >_>
Old 09-16-2011, 08:34 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by fliphm00b
Built? >_>
Shush
Old 09-16-2011, 08:47 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

^expected a built xB like built engine an all that's all

Quick Reply: Moderator Please close this thread...