Moving and need help

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2012, 02:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

Default Moving and need help

Ok so my definate date to be out of my currant apartment is 3/31.....no if's and's or butt's.......

What I need is some help....

I am in need of people with pickup,I am able to apy for their time and use of truck....but I need a gaurantee that they will be there......

I have very little to move.....a sofa,coffee table,heavy sideboard....those that have moved it before with me know it is about 300lbs,bulky and sucks to move.....a futon,46" tv.....and a dresser....that is all the big stuff I own....

I will by end of net week have every thing small moved over so honestly it may take 2 hours to move stuff.

I will have food,drinks and a good time for all....

So please and I am serious I need a truck....Uhaul was booked 2 weeks ago for the weekend and no truck available.....I will pay for help....cash money.....I jsut need to be certain so I do not stress my self to a heart attack wondering if anyone will show up.

I would love to have as many people possible come to help and participate ....you all know I can really cook and if someone needs work done or something built for their cars I can do it....

So please this is important and I need help.....you all know I do not ask for much but I really need help on this...I got a bad knee and shoulder but I will still work like the devil....at last till I drop...

So let me know....I wil also post up on facebook for help....

There is plenty of parking.....plenty of room....and a good time to be had by all....

Thanks very much....Brian and Joe
Old 03-17-2012, 03:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by BZinn1
Ok so my definate date to be out of my currant apartment is 3/31.....no if's and's or butt's.......

What I need is some help....

I am in need of people with pickup,I am able to apy for their time and use of truck....but I need a gaurantee that they will be there......

I have very little to move.....a sofa,coffee table,heavy sideboard....those that have moved it before with me know it is about 300lbs,bulky and sucks to move.....a futon,46" tv.....and a dresser....that is all the big stuff I own....

I will by end of net week have every thing small moved over so honestly it may take 2 hours to move stuff.

I will have food,drinks and a good time for all....

So please and I am serious I need a truck....Uhaul was booked 2 weeks ago for the weekend and no truck available.....I will pay for help....cash money.....I jsut need to be certain so I do not stress my self to a heart attack wondering if anyone will show up.

I would love to have as many people possible come to help and participate ....you all know I can really cook and if someone needs work done or something built for their cars I can do it....

So please this is important and I need help.....you all know I do not ask for much but I really need help on this...I got a bad knee and shoulder but I will still work like the devil....at last till I drop...

So let me know....I wil also post up on facebook for help....

There is plenty of parking.....plenty of room....and a good time to be had by all....

Thanks very much....Brian and Joe
I'm gonna help and then get paid
Old 03-17-2012, 07:18 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I would like to help, will do my best to be there.
Old 03-17-2012, 03:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

We have a truck, not full size, but its a truck. Can't say for sure until it gets closer. See how Shirley is feeling. I'll let you know as soon as I can.
Old 03-17-2012, 05:43 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member

I am there Brian with my truck. Tell me the day and time you want us there and we will be there. Its a Ranger but its got a big heart lol.
Old 03-18-2012, 11:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
United Imports
SL Member

Yo Bro don't worry You have my truck, I can come over Friday afternoon or Saturday and with some help we can knock it out.... Lets see how many times has my truck moved you??? We all have your back.....
Old 03-18-2012, 06:26 PM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Brian and Joe - if you are moving anything today (18th) that fits in an xB, Vanilla is ready and willing. Get some of the stuff you don't absolutely need now moved now so you don't have to cram it all in one short time period?

Maybe kitchen and crafts stuff? Tools? Books? Towels? Sheets? Blankets? Camping/hiking/picnic stuff?

Have one of you help load at one end, have the other help unload at the other - free transport to-from, maybe a quick stop at Jack-in-the-Box (the JitB I started using in the early '70s whenever I got a call out for work is right there at 56th...).

Last edited by Tomas; 03-18-2012 at 08:06 PM.
Old 03-19-2012, 03:34 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member

Where are you located ?
i don't have a truck but i'm willing to come over and help move things.
Old 03-19-2012, 06:15 PM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yevgeniy, he's moving abut 6.5 miles from University Place to SE Tacoma (I'll let Brian give addresses if he wants).

Here's the "rough" locations - nearby intersections - to give a general idea. http://g.co/maps/e7h7f

Brian, you have my number - lemme know if you want to load stuff in Vanilla for a a few trips!
Old 03-20-2012, 02:29 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member

Thanks Tomas,
now OP just post here or PM me info if you need help this weekend.
I can come friday after work or saturday during the day.
Old 03-22-2012, 03:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

Well the official day to move with truck is either Friday the 30th or Saturday the 31st.....I have to turn in the apartment keys by 5pm Saturday

There is not but maybe 3 truckloads tops and only one heavy piece of furniture.

I am going to start just moving carload after carload starting his Friday before going to Seaside so if anyone Friday 23rd is avail able even with truck anytime after 2pm I would love the help.....

I am taking 2-3 days off work next week and have till this friday to figure out which ones to let my boss know....my job is fairly flexable as is my Boss....honestly he is the only one I ever had who was human and been there done that....lol

My Cell number is 253 579 7196.....if anyone wants to help This friday afternoon give me a call....I will buy food and beers.....gas....whatever really...I do not have a lot to move and as Larry said I think this may be the 4th time at least he has helps me move....at least each time what I have to move has gotten less and less....honestly this time is pitiful...

Also if anyone wants they can take Egplant for a cruise around the block as long as they don't break him....lol

I have been crashing out at night by about midnight,but tonight I am abbout to crash...tomorrwo I am back there painting if anyone wants to help or even just hang out....

I should be there about 6pm,gotta long day at work then some painting... for a few hours...it is almost complete and looks really good.

so let me know and Ruswolf indeed your welcome to come help,hangout...I have a hard time moving heavy things so peopels help is always welcome...I got a bad knee,bad shoulder and busted back but it still is hard to slow me down....but when it does go it sucks.

There is enough parking along the street at the new place for a good 10+ cars I would guess....hmmmm car show at Mr. Zinn's.....lol
Old 03-22-2012, 04:31 AM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'll be there Friday afternoon (23rd), but I just realized I don't know your current apartment number, Brian.

Lemme know or I'll have to give you a call and ask.

I may not be much help, but Vanilla has a strong back, and knows the way...
Old 03-22-2012, 10:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
United Imports
SL Member

Yo Brian, I should be at your place around 2 to 2:30 with my truck.. I will bring a tarp and some tie down stuff to.....
Old 03-22-2012, 10:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
United Imports
SL Member

Tom just look for the man running around like he's crazy.... lol j/k