Pictures of Stuff and Things!

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2007, 02:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One

SL Member

Default Pictures of Stuff and Things!

I wanted to take two comparison pictures for you all so I could get your opinion of which of our xBs looks better with our one set of rims. But I guess I don't have any good pictures of mine with them on and the picture I took of my husbands, I wasn't able to back up far enough to get the whole car in... and the car is filthy. But oh well.

And yay for bonus checks! Here's a blurry picture of some of our purchases today. Stupid Prices rocks, unlike my husband's stupid Guitar Hero game he also got today. After playing it for an hour, he complained that his hand was cramping up. I told him that if he would of sat down and practiced with one of our real guitars, he could of mastered a few chords by sight and of been closer to being a real guitar hero. Ugh.

And this is just some bonus *HA* pictures of my boy's tracks they made yesterday.

Oh, I said previously that the picture was of some of our purchases. The other one was a set of tires but they're not that interesting. They sort of look like every other tire out there. Well, except the tires we replaced... they were so bald that we could almost see our reflection in it.
Old 01-26-2007, 02:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One

SL Member

You could purchase some goodies for your xB from me!!lol
Old 01-26-2007, 02:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One

SL Member

Doug, as we were going home to pick up the truck, I mentioned you to my husband. I said he could get an entire sound system (I think that is what you were selling) and some install help. I also said I could make a thread on SL mentioning we have money to spend and would probably get some real cool stuff but it was a no go. I guess the guy gets my rims and that's enough modding for his car for the day, lol.

Tax time, either he spends it on his car or I spend it on mine!
Old 01-26-2007, 02:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One
SL Member

Default Re: Pictures of Stuff and Things!

Originally Posted by Jenna
.....After playing it for an hour, he complained that his hand was cramping up. I told him that if he would of sat down and practiced with one of our real guitars, he could of mastered a few chords by sight and of been closer to being a real guitar hero. Ugh....

That's pretty funny!
Old 01-26-2007, 02:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

jenna, i actually like them on your TCM better. could just be the pic tho, but i think that without a drop, the TCM 'plays it off' better

congrats on the tv...I kinda liked guitar hero until my son whipped my butt at it.
Old 01-26-2007, 02:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One

SL Member

Originally Posted by cherryBox

jenna, i actually like them on your TCM better. could just be the pic tho, but i think that without a drop, the TCM 'plays it off' better

congrats on the tv...I kinda liked guitar hero until my son whipped my butt at it.
Yeah, I'm torn on what car it looks better on. I does look way better than I expected it to on his car, unless it was just because they were clean, unlike the xB.

And Guitar Hero will ultimately end up in the same box we store Donkey Konga. It cost a lot more money though (we got the Konga thing at Stupid Prices last year).

Oh, and we had to buy the t.v. stand today too. There are doors that we're supposed to put on each side compartment but I'm too lazy to get them done. I'll do that another day.
Old 01-26-2007, 03:16 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member

Oh, and we had to buy the t.v. stand today too. There are doors that we're supposed to put on each side compartment but I'm too lazy to get them done. I'll do that another day.
^I know the feeling, I didn't have curtains in my house fr almost a year! I still don't have any pictures up and its been 3yrs!
Old 01-26-2007, 03:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

^We know the feeling! Mo laughs because I finally finished the master bath I started over a year ago...and it was only because we're thinking of selling.

Hey...at least most of my "honey do" projects are finally done and my house is spic-n-span. Only one bathroom left to paint
Old 01-26-2007, 03:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I so want to come over and play with the slot car track. I can't wait until Lil' Tucky can get one.
Old 01-26-2007, 03:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Congrats Jenna on the Guitar Hero addiction in your house. My sibs play that game to death for hours on end.

And I personally also think that those rims make the TCM xB look sexy. Do you have any day shots of it on the BSP? I think from that pic, the black on black just ends up blending in.
Old 01-26-2007, 04:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One

SL Member

I will take a better picture of it tomorrow and get a better side-by-side thing going on that way.
Old 01-26-2007, 04:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

dark rims look better on a lighter colored rig IMHO, so i vote for the TCM, what tv is that? I have a 42" Hitachi Plasma, love it.
Old 01-26-2007, 04:44 PM
BCS
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

GASP!

Do not speak ill of the guitar hero game!

I LOVE that game. It's so much fun. You just have to tell him to work past the cramping. It'll get better. Did you get 1 or 2? Guitar Hero 1 is a lot easier to learn on. 2 has far more challenging songs. I can play almost every song on the hard level on 2, and almost all of them on Expert on 1.

It's such a fun game!
Old 01-26-2007, 05:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

We only own Guitar Hero 2...is #1 worthy of purchase for my sibs?
Old 01-26-2007, 05:58 PM
BCS
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

If they aren't comfortable playing the game yet, then yes. The songs are easier to play, and personally I think there is a better selection of songs. But if everyone is already comfortable playing it, then it might be a little boring. But it's nice to have a change in songs too. The game play is a lot different too...especially in multi player mode.

Maybe rent it first or something.
Old 01-26-2007, 06:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One

SL Member

Originally Posted by robbiej
what tv is that? I have a 42" Hitachi Plasma, love it.
It's a 42" Panasonic plasma and so far we're loving it too. I don't have any fancy HDTV or whatever EDTV is yet, might check into that. But the picture looks great to me without it. I've never seen HDTV though.

Originally Posted by BCS
GASP!

Do not speak ill of the guitar hero game! Tongue

I LOVE that game. It's so much fun. You just have to tell him to work past the cramping. It'll get better. Did you get 1 or 2? Guitar Hero 1 is a lot easier to learn on. 2 has far more challenging songs. I can play almost every song on the hard level on 2, and almost all of them on Expert on 1.
So what you're saying is that you're every bit as dorky as my husband? lol

He got Guitar Hero II and says he wants the first one. I'll have to let him know that the first one is easier.

We could get three games going at once. My husband at one with his little plastic guitar, you at another with your little guitar and me at the last one with the Donkey Kongas and we'll can all make believe we're in a band.
Old 01-26-2007, 08:22 PM
BCS
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

So what you're saying is that you're every bit as dorky as my husband? lol

He got Guitar Hero II and says he wants the first one. I'll have to let him know that the first one is easier.

We could get three games going at once. My husband at one with his little plastic guitar, you at another with your little guitar and me at the last one with the Donkey Kongas and we'll can all make believe we're in a band.
Heck yes!

I have the guitar that comes with it, and I also have a wireless one. :D

The wireless one is fun.
Old 01-26-2007, 10:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by robbiej
what tv is that? I have a 42" Hitachi Plasma, love it.
It's a 42" Panasonic plasma and so far we're loving it too. I don't have any fancy HDTV or whatever EDTV is yet, might check into that.
I pick up the local channels in Hi-def off the regular antenna, its whatever the local cahannel is dash one, like 5-1 for komo, football is great in hi-def.
Old 01-26-2007, 11:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One

SL Member

Robbiej, Hi-Def via an antenna?

This morning, for some reason, we turned on wholesome and healthy cartoons on channel 9 and I was really confused. Like the show Bob the Builder had a narrator that said things such as "Bob looks at a calendar" and "Scoop spins in circles". It didn't really register how stupid it was that the narrator was saying such things as you could plainly see what Bob and Scoop were doing. I just figured this was a new Bob Builder and that is what they've done to change it.

It wasn't until I heard the same narrator on the next show, Arthur, that I realized something was up (and realizing that the narration must be for visually impaired kids). I figured out my television has a SAP setting that made it do that... sort of closed captioning.

I suppose this might not be the first television I've had that on but it's the first time it has been set to it or that I've had it on a channel that supported it. I suppose this would be a better story if I fessed up with how long it took me to figure out what was going on, the many channels I checked to see if they did the same thing, the PBS and KTCS websites I searched to find out what was going on and then the final menu browsing on the television.

BTW, I just finished putting the doors on the television stand. I'm impressed myself... thought for sure it'd be months until I got around to doing that.
Old 01-27-2007, 12:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^yes, the local channels are aired in both analog and digital, if you have a hi-def reciever, you can get hi-def off the airwaves

Quick Reply: Pictures of Stuff and Things!