SL Member
Scion Evolution

wow that's a nice lookin' list for the caravan
Old 09-01-2008, 05:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

Tacoma meet spot is gonna be pretty full.......looking good.

We need to figure out a roll out from Tacoma time though.....we do not need to arrive till noon and driving a caravan of cars around downtown Seattle is not gonna be fun for 2 hours.....trust me just driving one car around Seattle for 30 minutes is no fun.

Are we gonna have a Park and Ride Meet spot up by Auburn/Kent

Have we figured what entrance to use and such for the garage......

Can we all show up with Kekai and start polishing our cars.????
Old 09-01-2008, 05:55 PM
Banned
SL Member

It sounds like we want to get their earlier than noon though because it is limited to the first 100 cars someone said. We do need to find a place to wash and fix up the cars before getting there.....anyone know where we can do that?

It will likely take about 50-60 minutes for us all to make it up to Seattle from Tacoma....so we need to leave in plenty of time for that and for getting our cars ready. So it sounds like 9:30 roll out of Tacoma might be best....7am roll out of Vancouver....so people should be there before 7am and by 9 in Tacoma

I haven't heard about a park and ride meet up for Auburn/Kent, but personally would be cool with that....just need to know where and get it all coordinated in advance. Tomas showed us several posts above how to get to the garage and all that fun stuff. So the leader needs to make sure they are prepared....we need to figure out who will be leading....

Also need more folks in the Portland/Vancouver area....we are looking pretty thin for that.....but overall we have a good turn out listed so far.

Brian, be sure to PM me your celly so I can get it on the list
Old 09-01-2008, 06:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

Better go for a 10am rollout from Tacoma.....that time of the morning it will only take 30 minutes to get there.

We pick a leader once we leave.......LOL........whoever is in front......usually the person who draws the short straw.....Tomas is in the rear as he likes to watch all the other drivers passing us still have a normal look on their faces as they go by.......once they get to the front of the line it gets weird.
Old 09-01-2008, 06:10 PM
Banned
SL Member

Really? 30 minutes? How fast are you driving man? I suppose we should all pick a speed too...being 55, 60 or what not. I know we don't want to be speed racer or anything since we will draw enough attention.

I can't wait to see people's faces....tee hee. I feel guilty admitting that I am most looking forward to the caravan LOL...being a non baseball fan and all.

10am would work, but we need to leave BY that time at the latest.....and that can depend if we make another stop in Auburn.....and where the heck can we polish the cars....get the dead bugs off....us portland folks will have more bugs than Tacoma will with our drive
Old 09-01-2008, 06:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

<--- speed racer horrible leader, horrible follower, just horrible all in all.
Old 09-01-2008, 06:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by AvonLadyJenn
.....and where the heck can we polish the cars....get the dead bugs off....us portland folks will have more bugs than Tacoma will with our drive
oh and Blue tape FTW!
Old 09-01-2008, 06:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

Portland crew blue tape your fronts and that will keep as many of the bugs off as possible......if it rains nevermind as you will have a mess.Once you get to Tacoma you have an hour to clean again.......then once in Seattle we will have another good hour to clean,Meguires quick detailing spray works wonders to remove driving grime.....and bugs.

Friday night do all the interior and wheels and under hood as they do not get as dirty and judged as harsh as the paint being dirty,wash,polish,and wax that thing up Friday night,

Yes we drive the speedlimit to caravan.........and yes from Tacoma to the exit we want it is 35minutes and 8 more minutes to the garage and that is hittign every red light......it is a straight shot down 1st or 4th depending on which way looks best.....probably 1st but I could be wrong.
Old 09-01-2008, 08:28 PM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It will be the 4th Ave. exit (EXIT 164B) in Seattle, Brian... See THIS post.

Per Google AND my nav system, it is a less than 40 minute trip from the Tacoma M&G location to the entrance to the parking garage, and only about a half mile of that is on city streets, the rest is a straight freeway shot, one point to the other.

Considering that we allegedly won't even be allowed in the parking garage until noon (from the card: "Roll-In NOON"), I'm not at all sure what we are going to be doing or where we will congregate in Seattle if we arrive there early.

Are there any people familiar with Seattle enough to point the "show" folks in the direction of an area where they can prep their cars before rolling in???

Parking and a hose is better than nothing...

(Vanilla shouldn't need this as she has never been a show car. She's too shy, and gets embarrassed easily.)

Old 09-01-2008, 08:34 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by BZinn1
Portland crew blue tape your fronts and that will keep as many of the bugs off as possible......if it rains nevermind as you will have a mess.Once you get to Tacoma you have an hour to clean again.......then once in Seattle we will have another good hour to clean,Meguires quick detailing spray works wonders to remove driving grime.....and bugs.

Friday night do all the interior and wheels and under hood as they do not get as dirty and judged as harsh as the paint being dirty,wash,polish,and wax that thing up Friday night,

Yes we drive the speedlimit to caravan.........and yes from Tacoma to the exit we want it is 35minutes and 8 more minutes to the garage and that is hittign every red light......it is a straight shot down 1st or 4th depending on which way looks best.....probably 1st but I could be wrong.
man brian's got this down!
Old 09-01-2008, 09:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

i know how to get around seattle and all and plus i know the 4th ave exit there is a mcdonalds and other restaurants we can park at and clean the rides
Old 09-01-2008, 09:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

Yeah there are lots on 4th to park at.....mds and a jack in the box and a burgerking as well......I should go scout it out Friday to get enough locations to roll us in and enough for a back up depending on how many roll up.
Old 09-01-2008, 11:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

isnt there a pink elephant wash place down the road on 4th? or something... maybe a good place to pull tape off and spray off any hitch hikers
Old 09-01-2008, 11:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member
Scion Evolution

umm i can't remember if there was one there or not kk
Old 09-01-2008, 11:34 PM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah, there is one south of there maybe a mile, but I don't know if they have DIY sprayers, and there is no way I'd even put Vanilla through one of their auto-washers.

Lemme call them and ask if they have a DIY area... BRB
Old 09-01-2008, 11:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

ok there is a pink elephant about 5-6 blocks south of the staduims 2763 4th South Seattle, WA 98134

BUT i dont know if thats a full car wash only or if they have coin op bays to spray and brush your car clean... the one pick i saw looks like its a full service/conveyer belt ONLY set up...

some1 else know otherwise correct me if i'm wrong
Old 09-01-2008, 11:42 PM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

2763 4th South
Seattle, WA 98134
206 622-2882

Called 'em and they do NOT have DIY sprayers, etc - all they have is auto car wash and DIY vacuums...
Old 09-02-2008, 01:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I won't be taken my car through there =)
Old 09-02-2008, 01:26 AM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by BZinn1

Oh blue tape....ick....that won't be so awesome looking LOL WOW our caravan list is getting bigger we hit 20 people WOOO HOOO.

Where can we get Meguires quick detailing spray

Ok not that it matters because my car is definitely NOT show quality..windsheild all cracked....paint chipped from the DA's in my driveway who don't care about OTHER people's cars and just spit rocks at my car as they race by.....so I don't think I will need to worry about blue tape and such....but I would like to have it looking at least all right at roll in...show quality or not LOL

How do you clean the engine? I know I sound dumb...but I don't trust my husband not to drowned my engine before going so I thought I would ask LOL

And now let's see if we can get the caravan list to 30!! TEE HEE Who are we missing?
Old 09-02-2008, 01:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

Meguires can be gotten at any Fredmeyers or auto store like Autozone or Shucks.....

To clean the motor you need a good brush with long bristles and a hose.....water on and brush off and hose again......stay off the alternator with the brush and water

Lots of rags and cleaning.......

I spend about 3 hours a week keeping mine clean......I amazed it is still as clean as it was a year ago.....lots of work.

Now if you want to seea clean engine Tomas has us all beat.

Quick Reply: Scion Exposed 2008 9/6