ID, OR, WA

Scion Install Day @ Car Nutz March 25

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2006, 06:04 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Default Scion Install Day @ Car Nutz March 25

Well, as I've now mentioned in a couple other threads, Car Nutz in Bellevue will be hosting a SCION tech/install day on March 25th (saturday). I'm still working with them to hammer down the details (time, what we'll have access too, how many cars will be able to do what to, etc, etc). What I do know is that Joel will be showing off his fresh out of the dyno shop RS 2.0 Greddy turbo charged xB. I will be installing a Strup header! I know dugzillaxb had been interested in installing a header as well. Depending on interest, we can make as much or as little of this as we want.

Ideas welcome ____

If you'd be interested in coming or have any questions feel free to PM or post up.
Old 03-10-2006, 06:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hmm I should stop by and install my shorter rear shocks so i can lay out lower, haha.
Old 03-10-2006, 06:51 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

That'd be cool, you and Jay can show off Car Nutz air bag abilities.
Old 03-10-2006, 10:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One

SL Member

I am definately in for the header install, I have a DC Sports header on the way!! Dave, what will we need to bring besides parts?
Old 03-10-2006, 03:06 PM
BCS
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I will probably be there, but won't have any scion stuff. Plus, I'm leaving for Phoenix that evening. (Yes evening, don't ask.)

But I'll be there.
Old 03-10-2006, 03:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

dang, i'm not entirely sure I have anything to install.... OOOHH maybe the new rotors I bought....
Old 03-10-2006, 04:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

at the rate i'm goin on my own.. maybe i'll bring my kit up to get fitted ... tho i do work that weekend... so who knows
Old 03-10-2006, 05:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I have a few things that I might be able ot bring up there......we'll see what is happening.
Old 03-10-2006, 08:04 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I'm working on the issues, such as tools, there are certain precautions that will need to be taken for liability sake, etc etc... I'm working on hooking this event up as much as possible, so that people will get to see more than just other people installing stuff. Rather, I'd like them to learn more about what it takes to install parts, if I'm lucky: what it takes to do custom uphostery work, car audio, and air bags... If you want to get in on the install group list, PLEASE PM me, so that we can work up a time schedule.

Car Nutz has 2 lifts, capacity for a fair number of cars, and enough space for everyone to hang out. As I get the details hammered out, I'll post more.
Old 03-10-2006, 08:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

PM being sent after this note
Old 03-10-2006, 08:38 PM
BCS
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by thefoth
I'm working on the issues, such as tools, there are certain precautions that will need to be taken for liability sake, etc etc... I'm working on hooking this event up as much as possible, so that people will get to see more than just other people installing stuff. Rather, I'd like them to learn more about what it takes to install parts, if I'm lucky: what it takes to do custom uphostery work, car audio, and air bags... If you want to get in on the install group list, PLEASE PM me, so that we can work up a time schedule.

Car Nutz has 2 lifts, capacity for a fair number of cars, and enough space for everyone to hang out. As I get the details hammered out, I'll post more.

Tell Jay...

View -> Bottom, Top, Left, Right, Front, Back.
Old 03-10-2006, 11:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Darn it! Gotta work that day. Well, post up the time you'll be going till, I can show up that afternoon.
Old 03-11-2006, 04:35 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Is this like a members only thing. I just boughtmy xb about a month ago and haven't been to any of these meets yet.
Old 03-11-2006, 04:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One

SL Member

I have a Perrin crank pulley on the way too, have any of you installed this?
Old 03-11-2006, 05:35 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

The Car Nutz Install/Tech day is open to ALL who want to come! As long as you are respectful of the facility and staff they'll be happy to host this and future meets.

I have some knowledge about installing a Perrin Crank pulley and just about every other part Perrin makes for the xB

I'm going to try to limit it to one part per person, to give the maximum number of people a chance to get some time on the lift. Installs will be limited to 1 hour if possible and prioritized based on what you're installing and how long its estimated to take for installing it. This install day will be done BYOTs, Bring Your Own Tools, if anyone wants to bring tools to share, that's fine, but NO shop tools will be available for use. For safety reasons only shop employees will be able to opporate the lift, your car, your tools, you do your own work, they make the car go up/down, this is for saftey reasons. Air hook ups will be available for those who might want to bring air tools. If you're coming to install a part, I'd bring along whatever you've got, in case people don't show up, might have a chance to squeeze more installs in, this also applies if you don't make it on the list, we can have a standby list.

Now for the details of what I worked out today.

The install day will be from 10am-4pm. It is open to ALL Scion owneres. At this point we will have access to one lift. Jeremy and or Dave from Car Nutz Custom Upholstery will most likely be there and at some point will do a demo or give a little tutorial about custom upholstery and the services they offer. Jay will let me know in the next week if he will be there to give a tutorial about air bagging an xB, and can answer questions about bagging ANY car.

So far the install list is:
1. Foth - Strup header (N-brake pads and rotors on round 2 list)
2. dugzillaxb- DC header (crank pulley on round 2 list)
3. Dan - rear shocks
4... Still waiting for PM, so far we have tentitively Dan, Dustin, sheep...

Again PM me if you would like to install a part, please include what type of car, your name, and what part you want to install.
Old 03-11-2006, 04:19 PM
BCS
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Does installing a new engine into a CRX count as one part?

Old 03-11-2006, 06:01 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Can it be done in about an hour?

Would that be a Scion engine?
Old 03-12-2006, 01:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

feel free to sign me up Dave. I just need to install my rear shocks and that will be that. Shouldn't take an hour.

I can even show you the don't with air suspension, not keeping the wheels straight when putting it down, haha. I let my mom drive my car and i forgot to mention to keep the wheels straight.
Old 03-12-2006, 06:20 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

ouch
Old 03-12-2006, 08:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

to be honest I can't see a thing from it laying down on the wheels except for it rolling the inside of the fender? I couldn't tell. It can be fixed easily though, I just don't see it cosmetic damage or anything.

Quick Reply: Scion Install Day @ Car Nutz March 25