15.00%
I wouldn't go
0%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Scion Show this spring with FR-S appearance

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2011, 06:16 PM

Default Scion Show this spring with FR-S appearance

I'm just putting out some feelers to see if there would be enough interest to move forward with this so your input would be appreciated.

I've done a number of Jeep shows and love getting a bunch of enthusiasts together to yap about our rides, mods, etc. Now that I'm getting into the Scion brand, I'd like to do a similar style show for the Scion folks next spring to coincide with the release of the FR-S. It will be 100% free so no worries about costs. So here are the 2 ideas I'm considering:

1. A Scion Enthusiast Show in Portland OR at The Slate, a cool trendy indoor facility in the Pearl District owned by Scion. The pros are that it's indoors in case of rain, it's a kick ___ location all dialed and geared toward Scion already with a few cool cars inside, and we can all check out one of the first FR-S models in the Northwest. The cons are that parking is bad and there is no place where we can all park our cars together so we can check out each other's rides.

2. A Scion Enthusiast Show at a Scion dealership in Kelso WA. Kelso is 2 hrs south of Seattle and 45 min north of Portland. The pros are that there is a ton of parking, the dealership will clear a big area for the day specifically for us and provide BBQ and pop so we can hang out and check out each other's rides as well as one of the first FR-S models in the NW, and Monster Energy Drink and possibly a Portland radio station will show up with giveaways. The cons are that it's not as cool as The Slate and we'll be outdoors which is always a little risky in the great NW.

I think either would be really cool. So if you wouldn't mind voting on the poll above, I'd appreciate it and if there's enough interest, I'll get started on the planning.

Thanks in advance for any input.

Brian
Old 10-20-2011, 06:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I think theSLATE is a good idea IMO, we've had meets there many times before & yes the parking isn't the best but the location is in hiding so no traffic or anyone to bother us. Have you contacted Nicki about this at all? She's the regional lady
Old 10-20-2011, 07:00 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

damn it i want to go to this!! when is it?
Old 10-20-2011, 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by Ziggi
I think theSLATE is a good idea IMO, we've had meets there many times before & yes the parking isn't the best but the location is in hiding so no traffic or anyone to bother us. Have you contacted Nicki about this at all? She's the regional lady
Thanks! It's great to have feedback from someone who's been there a few times. I've been in contact with them and they're looking at dates and availability. Both locations are pretty open, I just want to hold off a bit on setting an actual date until we get word on when the first FR-S will be hitting ground.
Old 10-20-2011, 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by FuGativ3
damn it i want to go to this!! when is it?
I'll probably set a tentative date around the end of the year assuming we have a solid idea of a release date for the FR-S.
Old 10-20-2011, 09:45 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member

Hands down the Kelso dealership. I have been to the slate before and I think its good location for a small group or an artsy type event. The idea would be to get the most people to be a part if it and the dealership is a better middle ground for the people up north that seem to always have to make the long trek down, then back up the same night. Plus more involvement from the community, where all can particpate around the cars, not just a few select cars indoors. I think this one is a no-brainer...
Old 10-20-2011, 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by Kanchi
Hands down the Kelso dealership. I have been to the slate before and I think its good location for a small group or an artsy type event. The idea would be to get the most people to be a part if it and the dealership is a better middle ground for the people up north that seem to always have to make the long trek down, then back up the same night. Plus more involvement from the community, where all can particpate around the cars, not just a few select cars indoors. I think this one is a no-brainer...
That's what I did with the Jeep shows. It's nice to have a big sea of space to utilize. There was a radio station that came down (and actually also broadcast it for us for free to let the people just cruising around town know about the event), Monster Energy Drink, a handful of vendors showing off their products, and I got some cool giveaways from the dealership, manufacturer, and vendors. They always had great turnouts and they were a really good time.

Thanks for the input man.

Brian
Old 10-20-2011, 11:25 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member

No prob!! I like to get as many people as possible to these events, especially since there isn't as many any more. Everyone is proud if their car from those that are bone stock to insane, and the more people that can be a part of this event, especially relating to their vehicle and attendance the better!!!
Old 10-20-2011, 11:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I to second the dealership. I live up on Whidbey Island and just having to go to Kelso rather than to Portland would save me on gas. Regardless though I would still attend as I'm trying to become more in tune with the scion community. I would be bringing a few folks with me from the island and some along the way so parking would help out BIG!! time. I also believe that one of the many reason's people dont show up to many of these is due to the giveaways so the idea of having vendors attending and such is a SUPER plus.
Old 10-20-2011, 11:58 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

if its at the end of the year then i can go because i will be back from school then for winter break.
Old 10-21-2011, 12:01 AM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Wow a event near me would be cool. That dealership is like 5 miles from me.
Old 10-21-2011, 12:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well, if you can get the dealership to allow you to do it there, I'm for the dealership. I went over there a few years ago and asked about doing a meet and greet there and they were all for it, but Hannah Corp. wasn't hip to it, afraid someones car might get damaged in some way or get hurt on thier property. They have a big show room and waiting area that would be great to get out of the rain if it rained. The road work should be done by then, so that mess will be gone. I bought my first Scion from them because they were local. The Slate is a cool place, but I think you would get more people to go to the dealership myself. Keep us posted, there are a few locals that may be able to help out when the time comes. I'd love to see the new car and an event in Kelso.
Old 10-21-2011, 12:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

This is me voting twice for the dealership
Old 10-21-2011, 05:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Kelso dealer fa'sho!
Old 10-21-2011, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by robbiej
Well, if you can get the dealership to allow you to do it there, I'm for the dealership. I went over there a few years ago and asked about doing a meet and greet there and they were all for it, but Hannah Corp. wasn't hip to it, afraid someones car might get damaged in some way or get hurt on thier property.
Valid concern, but check this out:

At the Jeep events, we had RTI ramps up for articulation competitions (risk of rollover) and a lot FULL of people. It was Hannah's Jeep dealership. They were crazy enough to let a car fanatic run their Jeep dealership and he was totally into it. Now that same guy runs the Toyota Scion dealership in Kelso. He's been the GM there for about 3 months and he's already itching to do some events. And the only person who knows what he'll do better than me is his wife....if that gives you any clue as to who that slightly mentally unhinged General Manager is...

I think it's a pretty safe bet we're a go.
Old 10-21-2011, 09:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

im down for the Kelso dealership as well. Could help with some give-aways too if needed.
Old 10-22-2011, 06:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Scion_Brian
Valid concern, but check this out:

At the Jeep events, we had RTI ramps up for articulation competitions (risk of rollover) and a lot FULL of people. It was Hannah's Jeep dealership. They were crazy enough to let a car fanatic run their Jeep dealership and he was totally into it. Now that same guy runs the Toyota Scion dealership in Kelso. He's been the GM there for about 3 months and he's already itching to do some events. And the only person who knows what he'll do better than me is his wife....if that gives you any clue as to who that slightly mentally unhinged General Manager is...

I think it's a pretty safe bet we're a go.
Thats great. I haven't been over there and talked to anyone in a while. Last time I went over there, I was accosted by salesmen before I could get in the door, lol. I'll look him/you up next time I'm there, have to drop off the car for some warrenty work next week.
Old 10-23-2011, 09:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
United Imports
SL Member

This sounds like fun, I would deff. take the time to go and be with a great group of friends...
Old 10-23-2011, 08:01 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i might tape up my front bumper to avoid rock chips on the way up depending on the season lol..
Old 12-25-2011, 10:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So have there been any updates on this? Is this idea dead?

Quick Reply: Scion Show this spring with FR-S appearance