Sittin Pretty Minitruck show?

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2006, 07:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Sittin Pretty Minitruck show?

August 26th I think..Arlington Airport.

Haven't checked to see if there is another thread and if others are going.
I am going to attempt to make it. I figure Im closer to a mini truck than some honda now.

Gotta get the kenstyle kit all finished up so I can lay "unibody" and get the titanium blocks mounted to make sparks.

Any takers?
Old 07-19-2006, 11:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sittin Pretti*

hehe. I was about to make a thread about this right now. I am gonna be asking to see how many are willing to come to see if I can get my club to add more to a scion class. I'll explain more in my thread.
Old 07-20-2006, 01:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I realized it was Pretti after I posted..hah..

I'm gonna try to shoot for it. I got alot happening though so im still 50/50ish.
Old 07-20-2006, 01:41 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i'll go... i always thought mini trucks were so pointless they were fascinating... i dont now about showing though. i got no show stuff. all my stuff is go stuff. but i'll show up and support the group.
Old 07-20-2006, 01:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Check the sticky for info on the show.

its free to spectators. and even if you don't have anything to show, and you are an xA or tC, if I get 5, I can get the club to add their own class. Cuz our Scion class is mainly just for the xB cuz no one can ever figure out what class to put it in.

So instead of being put in 2 door compact, get me 5 pre-regs and you got your own class
Old 07-20-2006, 01:49 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i'll see if import speed will go... hes got a tC... i dont see why you wouldnt be able to get 5 tCs together its the xAs that i see being the problem.
Old 07-20-2006, 02:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by DownhillSpec
i'll see if import speed will go... hes got a tC... i dont see why you wouldnt be able to get 5 tCs together its the xAs that i see being the problem.
werd. if not enuf xA's they are stuck in 4 door compact. I think it could be easy to get a tC class added.
Old 07-20-2006, 02:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I'll be there at the show.. In fact my registration money and form are sitting right next to me abouts to go in the mail
Old 07-22-2006, 11:14 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

actually... im rethinking the whole registering for this show... after the thing at the cruise in last night i am gonna refrain from trying to muscle my car in were it obviously doesnt belong... i am tired of leaving some of these shows really angry because i got blatantly passed over. no offense but i think if you entered a bunch of scions at a mini truck show i am pretty sure it would happen just like the show last night so i might go to check it out and support the toasters but thats about it.
Old 07-23-2006, 01:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

First, you can't go in expecting or even hoping for a trophy and some of the smaller shows are more biased towards the hotrods because thats where they started from, went to one last year that was in Spanaway and was lumped into the Rice catagory, which was won by one of the old hotrodders daughters car, it was nice, but there were nicer imports there. I enter shows to support the group as a whole and to contribute to charities that are supported by the shows, if I win something, great, if not, I'm not disappointed because I am doing something that I like, hanging out and checking out nice cars. Don't give up. I may show at this event, will be some smoking hot cars and trucks to check out, thats for sure.
Old 07-23-2006, 02:14 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

im not mad because i didnt win anything... there were like 4 other cars there that should have easily beat me... im mad because they almost completely over looked our categorie... as a matter of fact they did over look our categorie until we said something... when it came time to judge us they said that there were no entries in our categorie and there were 5 of us standing right there. it was bunk and i have no problem supporting scion evo or charities but being blatantly disrespected like that is bull. then the guy asked us if next year he could get a couple people from scion evo to help with the judging... get bent pal.
Old 07-23-2006, 02:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well, if there were someone there judging the show that knew what they were looking at then maybe they wouldn't miss the catagory. Yeah, like I said, it can be discouraging sometimes, makes you wonder if they even know what categories are up for trophies and what cars fall into what categories. Didn't think you were mad about not winning, but hate to see someone who has worked hard on their car and enter it into a show only to be looked over by the judges because they have no idea what they are looking at. I guess I will be judging at Exposed this year, should be interesting, first time for me judging.
Old 07-23-2006, 03:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

no no no no they told us last night that we didnt have our papers in our windows well we did just like every one in our category did and then we we talk to the guy about it he had like three peoples window papers in his had and pick out an s10 that had nothing but a lowing kit and rims, total looked over the 300c that was totaly decked out with every thing a player pimp would do to his car you know dubs great paint job, tv's and alot more, and we all said damn why didnt he or the jetta that was also decked out win they had more stuff done to there cars then that s10 oh wait maybe it was well american made car lol. Eric even went over to the owner of the 300c and told him i think you should have won it. lol
and oh yeah it was sponserd by who scion of oly. plus one of the judges was the parts girl from scion of oly.
Old 07-23-2006, 03:11 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

like i said we werent trophy grubbin... i just personally thought it was disrespectful to invite imports to attend a show and then ignore them as a catagorie and not judge them fairly... we paid our entry fee just like everyone else... though we did get a bunch of free scion swag and it was good to get to talk to one of the installers and the parts girl (who was kinda cute) about the cars and what not.
Old 07-23-2006, 03:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

lol there is always next car show and next year at this one
we will get them next year i guess i am just going to have shine up those chrome rims of mine lol just to get the judges attention lol
Old 07-23-2006, 03:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well guys, You do know Sittin Pretti Box is one of the main guys from Sittin Pretti? Being that he IS a scion owner, you can kinda assume that you would not be looked over...ESPECIALLY if you met his criteria of getting 5 cars for your class.

I'm going to support. Hell, my xB will probably be dirty. Itll still be in the show. Im going to support Sittin Pretti...who, as you may or may not have heard, have out grown 2 previous venues because of spectators and cars showing.

I'd throw it on your calender. It will definately not disappoint. Get 5 tC's together and SHOW. One of you will win!
Old 07-23-2006, 10:49 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by DownhillSpec
actually... im rethinking the whole registering for this show... after the thing at the cruise in last night i am gonna refrain from trying to muscle my car in were it obviously doesnt belong... i am tired of leaving some of these shows really angry because i got blatantly passed over. no offense but i think if you entered a bunch of scions at a mini truck show i am pretty sure it would happen just like the show last night so i might go to check it out and support the toasters but thats about it.
this show is NO WHERE as close as some show you go to that is going to over look you.

We have over 30 classes. Your car WILL either fit a class it best fits it or have its own if I can get enuf pre-regs. We don't over look anything. I, myself, have judged the scion classes the last 2 years since we have added it. This being our 13th show, I think we know how to run a show to make everyone happy, or at least try. Our whole show ISN'T all minitrucks. If it wasn't for the import guys and all, we wouldn't have as many people as we normally do. Take a look at our class list, you will either be in a sport compact 2 door (or 4 door if you're an xA) that is anywhere from street, mild, to wild.

We are not some lil simple show that just relies on participants to vote on what they like. We assign 2 judges per class to judge on vehicles. I'm for all having a good time, and I know you aren't just in this sport to win a piece of plastic trophy (our's are acrylic) but if you lose, it will just hopefully show you or make you think what you might need to do to be even better next year.

When I joined SP with my S-10, before that, I only won 1 trophy. Since joining SP, We won about 8 trophies, almost one or two every show I took my truck to, not that anything really had changed with my truck, but you learn what needs to be done to make your ride better.

Again, this isn't a show that you think will just over look you, cuz first off, me being the scion judge, I won't over look a single one. And if I get enuf pre-regs, I will be the one making sure you are looked at, AND its your own class, you will only be competing against your own kind.

EDIT: Btw, this is Sittin_Pretti_Box, I am on my bro's name cuz I'm at his house.
Old 07-23-2006, 10:57 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by Importspeed
lol there is always next car show and next year at this one
we will get them next year i guess i am just going to have shine up those chrome rims of mine lol just to get the judges attention lol
cleanliness. if its just got rims, and stock, you will be in street class. and what we look for in a street class, which is mainly a ride with no more than 3 mods, is the cleanliness. You could have a car thats just lowered with some wheels and just clean the hell out of it, thats your way of winning in that class.

Don't let one stupid lil show make you think they are all like that.

Our president has a best of show winning truck, a minitruckin cover mag truck, etc. We went to the Standwood Twin City idlers show or whatever its called, and they screwed our whole club over. Some stock POS Ford Lightening beats a completey show winning truck? All that means to us is THEY cant throw a show and judge anything right. So what do we do? Pick up and move on to the next show hoping for better luck next time.
Old 07-23-2006, 10:58 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by wombat
I'd throw it on your calender. It will definately not disappoint. Get 5 tC's together and SHOW. One of you will win!
3 of you will win.
Old 07-23-2006, 06:55 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

ummm.... k fine sure i'll do it. where do i pre register. and how much is it?

Quick Reply: Sittin Pretty Minitruck show?