Notices
Regional - Pacific Northwest
ID, OR, WA

And so it begins, then pauses, then starts again!

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2010, 10:04 PM
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

Originally Posted by One-Nut_McGee
Sorry, they come as a package deal.
its cool, i'll just have to make a "censored" bar to place over the pic.
Old 06-16-2010, 12:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by One-Nut_McGee
Sorry, they come as a package deal.
Haha package deal, you tell funny joke! lol
Old 06-16-2010, 01:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Nickifer
nice tC man, love the rims
Originally Posted by dodaddy
good luck!! can't wait to see the #'s!!
Thanks for the kind words and support guys! I'm just hoping it MAKES numbers at this point.

Just got a call that they're done with the mechanicals and just need to hit the welder for the A/F sensor bung tomorrow morning. Tuning should be either tomorrow afternoon or Thursday day. Hoping for the sooner as I'm losing my transportation tomorrow afternoon, but I'm ok with waiting a day or so more to get it all worked out.

Nervous, but starting to feel optimistic again.
Old 06-16-2010, 03:26 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member

I will be crossing my fingers for you dude...this has been an epic voyage but looks its almost there! I think watching this I figured it out! You must be one of the Goonies because....GOONIES NEVER SAY DIE!!!!!
Old 06-16-2010, 11:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

Ehhhhh I bet it works and makes at least 7hp to the wheels......
Old 06-17-2010, 03:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Apparently it won't be tuned until Saturday afternoon. Considering I'm going to a beer festival starting on Saturday morning, I won't be getting my car back until Tuesday. (They're not open Sunday or Monday)

/sigh

More waiting...
Old 06-18-2010, 02:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

Thats a long wait for 7hp.....lol........it will be worth the wait
Old 06-19-2010, 04:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

They found time to hit the dyno on Friday so I immediately drop kicked the door to my office and sprinted over to watch them dynoing it. I got there and it turns out two of my friends were already there watching them do it (thanks for calling me, you jerks.)

Name:  onthedyno.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  67.6 KB

I got there in time to see some more high power pulls and then talked to the tuner to let him know what I wanted for a high/low setting on my boost controller. He was really impressed with what the kit and the car could handle, but we both agreed we wanted a pretty reasonable setting for both street and track.

I'm going to run it off of the spring pressure when I'm at the track and then use the high boost setting when I feel like going super mega hyperspeed, which won't be too often.

Anyway, I have the car back now and it is friggin' insane. Even on the low boost setting it's almost TOO fast. I'm in love.

Name:  parkedatwork.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  86.7 KB

Ok, now to the big important part that everyone cares about. How much power DID it make? I already sent a couple of texts to some people, but the rest of you following this thread don't know yet.

Peak power: 304hp / 284tq

High boost setting: 290hp
Low boost setting: 230hp

Check out the gain over the stock baseline I did. Yea...it's a competely different animal now!

Name:  newdyno.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  60.1 KB
Old 06-19-2010, 05:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Wagonistas
SL Member

Congrats for you...I know it was a long journey but it looks like it was worth it in the end...The results look awesome!
Old 06-20-2010, 04:19 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Wow glad to see it came together and is running good. Makes me kinda wanna turbo the tC again but I got a Big Ole truck now and the tC is gonna get traded in for a Camaro or a luxury car. Wifes call on that. But i got a kid on the way so no modding the truck anytime soon.
Old 06-20-2010, 05:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by YELOSUB
Congrats for you...I know it was a long journey but it looks like it was worth it in the end...The results look awesome!
Thanks man, really appreciate the support and kind words!

Originally Posted by highvoltage1
Wow glad to see it came together and is running good. Makes me kinda wanna turbo the tC...
Thank you sir, you're partly to thank for this build. I bought my AEM F/IC and harness from you and am using it in this build. So thanks for the great deal and being such a good seller on SL.

I just threw my first P0420 CEL code, but no worries. I'll see if I can pick up one of those defouler things and get it to run without the CEL. If not...oh well, no biggie, I've had my TPMS light on since last year when I changed out my wheels. One more dash light won't kill me so long as I keep checking my scangauge to make sure it's not a new code.
Old 06-20-2010, 06:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

excellent steve! thats a solid hp rating. especially with some weight dumped from your car. and if you do more mods to drastically reduce weight you will just see more speed....and without taxing the !@#$ out of your engine.

gj buddy
Old 06-21-2010, 09:35 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Glad I could be of service!!
Old 06-22-2010, 12:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

Glad to hear the 7hp was worth the wait........giggle.......now I wonder with a set of cams,some head work and new pistons what it could do,but then again traction will be at a super loss with more ponies,even on super stickies.
Old 06-22-2010, 02:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

What exactly is your high boost and low boost setting? as far as psi goes? Because I'm having my descendant kit tuned on July 9th at 12 psi for high setting and then whatever the spring in the tial wastegate is for low setting which I think is 9psi?

Also do you have a 3" exhaust?
Old 06-22-2010, 05:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by BZinn1
Glad to hear the 7hp was worth the wait........giggle.......now I wonder with a set of cams,some head work and new pistons what it could do,but then again traction will be at a super loss with more ponies,even on super stickies.
Yea, I've already gotten the bug for more power...is that sad? I've really only had the car back for like four days and I already want more, haha. The high boost setting induces plenty of torque steer and while I AM looking into the potential for future upgrades, I'm definitely going to be going to an LSD as my next big step....when my wallet cools off at least.

Originally Posted by cavalierkid888
What exactly is your high boost and low boost setting? as far as psi goes? Because I'm having my descendant kit tuned on July 9th at 12 psi for high setting and then whatever the spring in the tial wastegate is for low setting which I think is 9psi?

Also do you have a 3" exhaust?
Low boost setting is running off the WG spring which is ~6psi. I thiiiink my high boost setting was somewhere in the range of 9-9.5psi. My boost gauge is plugged in and working, but it's down below my line of sight so I can't see it when I'm on throttle to see what it actually goes up to.

The high boost setting -even though it's lower than the potential peak power- is still plenty of oomph. I know some people are more ballsy than me, but I personally like to know I'm not going to break something so I keep it on the safer side. Have them tune it for peak power, then back off the boost controller to run it like 1-2psi lower than what you used to make peak power. Should keep you on the road for a lot longer and still keep a big ole grin on your face.
Old 06-22-2010, 05:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Oh, and no, I don't have a 3 inch exhaust yet. If you look at my dyno chart, near the top of the curve at the end, it starts to like bounce around...that's because it's still the stock exhaust and muffler. 3 inch exhaust would smooth that out more and let me make more power, but I don't need it just yet so I'm going to stay on stock exhaust until I get power hungry again.
Old 06-22-2010, 06:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Cool thanks for the quick response!

The WG you have is a Tial from descendant right? And you just left the spring in that came with it? Because that's what I did as no other springs came with the WG so I'm assuming the spring in mine is also ~6psi.
Old 06-22-2010, 09:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yessir, It's the TiAL WG and the standard spring which appears to be the 6psi one.

Name:  mountedmanifold.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  119.1 KB

Not the best picture, but you can see the WG I have mounted here.

I'm very excited to see your numbers Cav! Glad to have another Descendent brother on here.
Old 06-22-2010, 09:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Excellent!

Yes it's great to have another member with this kit, I'm sure we'll have plenty of questions for eachother. I'll def. let you know what kind of #'s I put down. And since I have the P-Tuning 3" exhaust you'll have an Idea of what you can expect to see when you get a 3" exhaust.

Quick Reply: And so it begins, then pauses, then starts again!