Notices
Regional - Pacific Northwest
ID, OR, WA

So who is working on anything new.........

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2009, 10:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Can we get badges made too?

Oh and dibbz, nice meeting you guys
Old 09-19-2009, 02:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yea nice meeting you too.
i think i had a dream about that wrx.............
Old 09-19-2009, 03:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by dibbz
carl those look awsome nice touch to your box!!

wonder what some would look like with "dibbz edition"......
or what something like that would cost????

better yet...."toaster edition"
Thanks Don. I like Dibbz edition more personal.

Originally Posted by STEELBREEZE
Glad you like em Carl. You made good use of em. I'm glad I sent 2 now that I see where you put them. They almost look stock. Good luck.
Mark thank you so much. They're awesome and a big hit on the scikotics forum also.
Old 09-20-2009, 09:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Trader
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Mad_Sciontist001
My new addition. These came out awesome. They were sent to me from Mark at Steel Breeze Customs in Hallandale Beach, Florida. Noe I have my very own special edition xB...lol

CARl- those look AMAZING in person... these pictures DO NOT DO THEM JUSTICE.. to actually see them in the car with my own eyes.... WOW!!!! I'm super jealous... I want my own now....
Old 09-20-2009, 04:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by RockstEdy
Can we get badges made too?

I have worked with the company quite a lot making different dome style emblems for different projects I have built. I am checking on minimum orders to see what I can do for everyone. It should be doable. They treat me good and have substantially cut down the minimum purchase. The only problem I see would be in selecting fonts for everyones taste. I usually do my ordering with them by phone to cut down on thier cost and I select the style and fonts from their catalogue. They come in just about every shape, size and style. I designed the "Mad Sciontist" one myself for a local Scion dealer that I was doing custom paint jobs for here in South Florida. Had some left over and saw Carl's screen name and made him the offer. It's all about the community ya know.

Here's a link to my accountant's XA. She has had me do all the stuff you see on it. No one else has worked on this car but myself.
http://team-ist.net/forums/showthread.php?t=3769
Old 09-20-2009, 04:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member
Scion Evolution

good job on the xA - that is some good work
Old 09-20-2009, 05:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ratcityrain
good job on the xA - that is some good work
Thanx, much appreciated. So far she's had it in 6 show's and won 6 first place finishes. I guess it pays to try hard. She does try n keep it clean tho. I am almost finished with the sub enclosure. Maybe next week. Damn it was a pain.
Old 09-20-2009, 07:05 PM
SL Member

Solid work SB.. I'm not so much a flame guy myself but still looks good, keep it up
Old 09-20-2009, 08:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by brycewilkinson
I'm not so much a flame guy myself
Well, the "True Fire" was more to simulate fire coming from the scoops than to be like a "flame" paint job. I reserve those more for the street rods. Although True Fire (or Real Fire) has become very popular in all car venues. When is came out I hated it but had to learn to do it because of the demand. Thanx for the compliments also. She (the owner) is very proud and most of the concept was designed by her. Even though she is a book keeper which are generally not thought of as creative type peoples. I only added the flames to the Killer Glass and the rear interior panel to tie things together. The speedo face is an actual picture of a True Fire demo I had done. It is still, and probably will always continue to be, a work in progress. She gets a lotta comments that it does not look like a girls car. Although that was her main requirement. That it does stay looking as it belongs to a girl. Hence all the Swarovski crystal bling. LOL
Name:  RONNASSCIONEMBLEM4.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  77.7 KB

Last edited by STEELBREEZE; 09-20-2009 at 08:36 PM.
Old 09-21-2009, 02:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

Were finally moved in...
Old 09-21-2009, 02:33 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member

congratulations!
Old 09-21-2009, 04:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

thanx you should come over sometime
Old 09-21-2009, 08:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Trader
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by STEELBREEZE
Well, the "True Fire" was more to simulate fire coming from the scoops than to be like a "flame" paint job. I reserve those more for the street rods. Although True Fire (or Real Fire) has become very popular in all car venues. When is came out I hated it but had to learn to do it because of the demand. Thanx for the compliments also. She (the owner) is very proud and most of the concept was designed by her. Even though she is a book keeper which are generally not thought of as creative type peoples. I only added the flames to the Killer Glass and the rear interior panel to tie things together. The speedo face is an actual picture of a True Fire demo I had done.
\
the first time I ever saw Truefire (or True flames) (or Real fire) how ever you wanna put it, was on Overhaulin. Chip Foose brought in Mike Lavallee from Killer Paint out of Washington State on and he was doing some SICK flames.. called true fire.. I about hit the floor. I WANT some SOOOOOO BAD!!!! especially now that I have a BCM xB. it would look BAD ___!!! since then and that was quite a few years ago now. I have seen this type of flame jobs pop up everywheres... some are good, some are crap... but that xA?? IS PURE SEX!!!!

Last edited by A-snell; 09-21-2009 at 08:43 AM.
Old 09-21-2009, 01:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by A-snell
Chip Foose brought in Mike Lavallee from Killer Paint out of Washington State on and he was doing some SICK flames.. called true fire.. but that xA?? IS PURE SEX!!!!
Actually I learned my technique from lavallee. Thanx for the compliments. it's always nice to know people appreciate hard work.
Old 09-21-2009, 05:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Installed my meth kit last Friday with Curtis' help. and dyno'd it at English Racing on Saturday. max numbers vs numbers of last dyno... +18hp and +16tq (262hp, 271tq). not bad for only $400.

Old 09-21-2009, 05:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by itsCJ
Installed my meth kit last Friday with Curtis' help. and dyno'd it at English Racing on Saturday. max numbers vs numbers of last dyno... +18hp and +16tq (262hp, 271tq). not bad for only $400.

agreed
Old 09-21-2009, 08:05 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by itsCJ

sexy..
Old 09-21-2009, 09:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^ are you running 50/50 meth or 100%? Is it blue or clear? I can't tell if the light is shining into it from the LED's
Old 09-21-2009, 10:38 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Nice CJ! Wow Curtis helped you? Man it appears he has come a long way from his amazing wiring skills! LOL Sry Curtis had to bust on ya a lil!

Well it appears there is no time frame on the Boston G108-4's so for $8 more I am getting 2 of these!

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...o+8W1v2-4.html

Cant wait. I am getting my Pioneer Avic-U310BT this weekend. Look for a review, pics and a DIY as that is how I am getting it for free from Pioneer!

So this weekend I gotta install that, wire up my sirius satellite radio tuner so it runs through the deck, and get a box built for the subs. I am going to school in Yorktown, VA for a few weeks and cant go on that 18hr drive without having this stuff hooked up regardless of the false floor and sub box being carpeted and fully finished. As long as it works I will be fine for now. Wish me luck its gonna be busy.

Oh I hope yal are doing good. Sorry I dont call. I should. Im bad about that when I am on the otherside of the country. But feel free to PM me anytime or call if you got my number I would love to chat.

Miss yal! (tear)
Old 09-22-2009, 12:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member
Scion Evolution

looking good CJ - broc can't wait for pictures either

Quick Reply: So who is working on anything new.........