Notices
Regional - Pacific Northwest
ID, OR, WA

So who is working on anything new.........

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2010, 07:41 AM
United Imports
Balliztik
SL Member

Originally Posted by BZinn1
Yeah Amanda you know Tyler........lol
my bad. I forget things easily.. When I first started coming to shows I was like bombarded with names, faces and cars... I still dont remember half of the people ive been told I know.. lol
Just gotta re-meet. haha..
Old 01-18-2010, 08:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Rear Sway shipped!
Fogs shipped!
Front Strut shipped!
Full Red TBL shipped!

Grills arrive today!
Old 01-19-2010, 07:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Got a new sound coming from the front driver side of the suspension, a metallic 'ping' sound, happens sporatically, sometimes a bit more obvious on bumps, but it happens going straight or when braking etc.. can't pinpoint it. Under the same conditions I can't get it to reproduce, but it happens often enough to bug me, maybe 5-10 times in a 5 mile drive.

Anyone got a clue what it might be?

Also the grills showed up today so I'll be painting those tomorrow, while looking over this new found cluck in the front driver side of my suspension.

Last edited by optional; 01-19-2010 at 08:00 AM.
Old 01-19-2010, 08:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

just ordered my first strut bar for my tc, i got the DME strut bar but after seeing someone paint the header cover black i may have to do that sometime in the near future.
Old 01-19-2010, 01:01 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by optional
Got a new sound coming from the front driver side of the suspension, a metallic 'ping' sound, happens sporatically, sometimes a bit more obvious on bumps, but it happens going straight or when braking etc.. can't pinpoint it. Under the same conditions I can't get it to reproduce, but it happens often enough to bug me, maybe 5-10 times in a 5 mile drive.

Anyone got a clue what it might be?

Also the grills showed up today so I'll be painting those tomorrow, while looking over this new found cluck in the front driver side of my suspension.
Tyler make sure the top nut of the strut is tightened all the way down and that the 2 nuts are securely together at the bottom of the spring...and look for a trail of feathers, just follow it back to where the clucking is coming from
Old 01-19-2010, 01:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Kanchi
Tyler make sure the top nut of the strut is tightened all the way down and that the 2 nuts are securely together at the bottom of the spring...and look for a trail of feathers, just follow it back to where the clucking is coming from

i think thats that same thing happened to my friends coilovers! sounded like the shock was done for, but luckily the bolt just needed to be tightened.
Old 01-19-2010, 01:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^^i hit a pothole not long ago and my front passenger suspension pops at random, tried resetting the spring, checking the ball joint, sway bar, the strut bolts top and bottom. re torquing my lugs, checked my cv boots inner and outer, looked at all the control arm bolts..........

seems like we may have found the tc's proverbial "gremlin" all of the domestic guys joke about on their cars.
Old 01-19-2010, 08:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by alienvictim
^^^i hit a pothole not long ago and my front passenger suspension pops at random, tried resetting the spring, checking the ball joint, sway bar, the strut bolts top and bottom. re torquing my lugs, checked my cv boots inner and outer, looked at all the control arm bolts..........

seems like we may have found the tc's proverbial "gremlin" all of the domestic guys joke about on their cars.
do you hear it when you go over little bumps? when your going slow?

i had a little popping in my drivers side front strut side so i raised my car just a bit (H&R Coilovers) and the sound went away
Old 01-19-2010, 08:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Kanchi
Haha, yeah I was reading around and found that to the be the most common cause, I'll be double checking it all today! Thanks for the tips.

Originally Posted by dodaddy
i think thats that same thing happened to my friends coilovers! sounded like the shock was done for, but luckily the bolt just needed to be tightened.
Yeah, I hope it's just that, otherwise my faith in Raceland will tank.
Old 01-20-2010, 01:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by whiteluda14
do you hear it when you go over little bumps? when your going slow?

i had a little popping in my drivers side front strut side so i raised my car just a bit (H&R Coilovers) and the sound went away
meh? :? might be a blown strut, but theres no evidence (oil trails grinding or such) happens at random.

pretty sure its the strut.

i have an extra set sitting around. every time i think about it its raining. lol
Old 01-20-2010, 01:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Checked over everything, drove most of the way to class before hearing it again, seems I missed whatever it was or didn't tighten something down enough, I didn't get to check the height adjustment nuts though because of time, but I picked up a torque wrench today so I'll be able to really check everything tomorrow.
Old 01-20-2010, 02:23 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

^Sigh I wish I could mod like crazy like you but time to calm down just saving for my neochrome lugnuts thats about it...NO not the MUTEKI ones..sorry cheap IMO..
Old 01-20-2010, 02:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by fliphm00b
^Sigh I wish I could mod like crazy like you but time to calm down just saving for my neochrome lugnuts thats about it...NO not the MUTEKI ones..sorry cheap IMO..
Hah! I'm just putting my car back the way it was before I sold everything, I'd hardly say I'm mod crazy, I'm broke too man! haha.

I want some new lugs too though, don't have much faith in mine.
Old 01-20-2010, 02:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by alienvictim
meh? :? might be a blown strut, but theres no evidence (oil trails grinding or such) happens at random.

pretty sure its the strut.

i have an extra set sitting around. every time i think about it its raining. lol

orrrrr maybe its the upper mount bushing is off or just flattened out, i was thinking that for mine but if you put that extra set on and it quits doing it let me know
Old 01-20-2010, 03:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

UPS delivering my tires tomorrow,Tire Rack is quick,and they were cheap to get too......my por stockies have nearly 20000 miles on them now.......gotta mke them last for winters.
Old 01-20-2010, 04:01 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by BZinn1
UPS delivering my tires tomorrow,Tire Rack is quick,and they were cheap to get too......my por stockies have nearly 20000 miles on them now.......gotta mke them last for winters.
make sure to check the date on them before you put them on, they are notorious for selling out dated tires. In other words the rubber is older and breaks down easier/quicker...
Old 01-20-2010, 05:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Scored the convex mirrors on technicality that it's first come first serve lol!

You snooze you lose yo!

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=179277
Old 01-20-2010, 06:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by whiteluda14
orrrrr maybe its the upper mount bushing is off or just flattened out, i was thinking that for mine but if you put that extra set on and it quits doing it let me know
maybe
Old 01-20-2010, 03:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by optional
Scored the convex mirrors on technicality that it's first come first serve lol!

You snooze you lose yo!

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=179277
omgwant
Old 01-20-2010, 04:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

flipm00b what rims do you have?! are those SSR Professors?

Quick Reply: So who is working on anything new.........