Notices
Regional - Pacific Northwest
ID, OR, WA

So who is working on anything new.........

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2010, 07:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by optional
LED's I ordered for the license plate lights didn't fit and have basically stretched the oem socket so that normal bulbs don't fit as well either... so i've got to get those sockets replaced... and while back there my third brake light just fell into two pieces.

The seal holding the lens to the lights was all dry and cracked like it failed or something.. totally lame. Emailed 'partsdomain' on ebay, I've heard they're good about this stuff, we'll see.

Also broke a clip that holds the front bumper on next to the passenger headlight while putting on my doctor isotope radiator panel, oh well, have to go to toyota to get another set of clips anyway!

oh yeah, also while working on the brake light and the leds, the hinged clips for the rear body panel of the hatch broke off on both sides.. so now those are broken too, yay!

gogo tC!
lol tis life, i recently was getting power texted by people going through the mcdonalds drive through. while trying to reply i turned too sharp and clipped off my driver mirror........lol

it fractured it in about a bajillion places and was hanging off by the cable....

i am an avid fan of "jb weld". it will fix (anything) i repaired the housing the support arm and the threading holes for my mirror all with jb weld and it cost 6 bucks.

sanded and repainted the housing, cant even tell it was repaired.

just figured i would see if you might like to give it a try.
Old 02-07-2010, 08:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

JB weld, Duct tape, and zip ties. The best low budget tools known to man.
Old 02-07-2010, 10:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

Originally Posted by Adorian
x2 on the ebay brad! Erik and I both drove the grey car like crazy and autoxed religiously until the day she sold and you have us beat on gaskets and headers. weapon R's 4-2-1 was the bees knees though. Buuuut we do have you beat on Tires and wheels
lol hey u also gots to remember i have kids so that is were all my money goes to thats why i cant get all the high priced parts if i could i would be soon my car will be payed off and i will be saving some almost $375 a month
Old 02-07-2010, 10:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah, if partsdomain doesn't pull through with a replacement, I'll have to hit you up for some repair madness. I have some crazy weather-proof glue stuff that I used on my convex/blue mirrors that I think would be perfect for re-sealing this, would just have to be careful bolting those metal brackets up behind the third brake light when I put it back together.
Old 02-08-2010, 12:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by One-Nut_McGee
JB weld, Duct tape, and zip ties. The best low budget tools known to man.
A truer statement has never been made.

Those three things are pretty much essential to life.
Old 02-08-2010, 06:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I emailed SuperBrightLED's about returning the bulbs I purchased from them and also waiving the restocking fee as now this is going to cost me money to replace those bulb sockets as well thanks to their '168' fitting LED's burning, melting, and stretching the OEM socket to the point that it no longer holds OEM 168 sized bulbs snugly, they flicker and move around now.. yay.

Hope they can resolve this matter for me.

Also have to visit toyota parts to get the pricing on those sockets, and the clip I broke installing my radiator panel and the clips I ordered from them but didn't come in on the day they said and they haven't called me about yet either.. yay.
Old 02-08-2010, 08:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

I emailed SuperBrightLED's about returning the bulbs I purchased from them and also waiving the restocking fee as now this is going to cost me money to replace those bulb sockets as well thanks to their '168' fitting LED's burning, melting, and stretching the OEM socket to the point that it no longer holds OEM 168 sized bulbs snugly, they flicker and move around now.. yay.

Hope they can resolve this matter for me.

Also have to visit toyota parts to get the pricing on those sockets, and the clip I broke installing my radiator panel and the clips I ordered from them but didn't come in on the day they said and they haven't called me about yet either.. yay.

no restocking fee on orders less than $100 if i read correctly....im super worried about my lights now....hope they work out better
Old 02-08-2010, 08:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by nonmindo
no restocking fee on orders less than $100 if i read correctly....im super worried about my lights now....hope they work out better
I hope those bulb sockets aren't expensive.. also that guy with the tanabe g sold it to a local guy sigh.. so hard to find one of those..
Old 02-08-2010, 10:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I hope those bulb sockets aren't expensive.. also that guy with the tanabe g sold it to a local guy sigh.. so hard to find one of those..
Bulb sockets were 3.10 a piece so they'll have them at the dealer soon, while I was there I picked up some other clips I had on order, so now my radiator cooling plate is fully clipped down, as is my front vent. Yay.

Also I can mail the bulbs back to superbrightleds for a full refund and partsdomain gave me an RMA number and an address to mail the TBL too, so I'll take care of those things tomorrow or wednesday.

Today though I'm putting my car back up on stands on the passenger side so I can adjust my ride height again, the passenger side is 1/2in off on the front and 1/4 in off on the rear, so I'm gonna try and finalize it this time haha.
Old 02-09-2010, 02:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

Default Re: So who is working on anything new.........

finished painting all the plastic upper interior pieces with metallic black textured paint... looks AWESOME!!!

Also since i was going to buy the same led's tyler got for his plate we tried them on my car and it worked! so saved him from having to deal with RMA BS and pay shipping back

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Last edited by nonmindo; 02-09-2010 at 06:24 PM.
Old 02-09-2010, 03:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Bulb sockets were 3.10 a piece so they'll have them at the dealer soon, while I was there I picked up some other clips I had on order, so now my radiator cooling plate is fully clipped down, as is my front vent. Yay.

Also I can mail the bulbs back to superbrightleds for a full refund and partsdomain gave me an RMA number and an address to mail the TBL too, so I'll take care of those things tomorrow or wednesday.

Today though I'm putting my car back up on stands on the passenger side so I can adjust my ride height again, the passenger side is 1/2in off on the front and 1/4 in off on the rear, so I'm gonna try and finalize it this time haha.
Got the suspension dialed in nicely, front passenger isn't exact, but close.

Allen fixed the bulb sockets so I've got license plate lights again and won't have to buy the new sockets.
Allen also showed me how to fix the full TBL, so I might skip the RMA and just fix it myself first and if it doesn't work out, they said they'd replace it so yay.

Also painted the radiator cooling plate Flint Mica and got some stickers ready to put on it once it's totally dry tomorrow, looks awesome.

Originally Posted by nonmindo
finished painting all the plastic upper interior pieces with metallic black textured paint... looks AWESOME!!!

Also since i was going to buy tge same led's tyler got for his plate we tried them on my car and it worked! so saved him from having to deal with RMS BS and pay shipping back
Thanks to the WASP for pulling Josh over so he wanted to buy my white LED's for his own plate lights, mwahahah!

Also all that painted stuff looks awesome Josh, especially how it sparkles green from your LED's.

Also I have a raging headache from huffing paint for 5 hours in my garage. Yay.

Got the hood propped open so the cooling plate will dry and then I'll sticker it up tomorrow and go shopping for shoe goo to fix up the TBL and install that later in the day if it's all dry and stuff.

Yay, things getting fixed and working out after a day of fail!
Old 02-09-2010, 03:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

Default Re: So who is working on anything new.........

....go shopping for shoe goo to fix up the TBL and install that later in the day if it's all dry and stuff.

Yay, things getting fixed and working out after a day of fail!
maybe i can hook up with you after my interview

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
Old 02-09-2010, 04:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

depends on when, probably hanging out with Brett till her work starts, then I've got class at 5, but we could all go out to lunch and around for a bit in your box, that'd be fun.
Old 02-09-2010, 04:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

that's pretty cool tyler. i really love seeing people do diy work.

i made my own amp wiring kit.

i'm running 60 amp 6 gauge wire (lolz a lot). with a 30amp fuse relay (for now) just testing things.

just have to install the amp audio signal plugs and fwabamm!

(and thanks for kicking it with me clokwerck.)
Old 02-09-2010, 10:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yay diy.

just finished with the shoe goo. says it'll take 24-72 hours to fully set, which is fine, i've got my stock tbl in there right now.

everything else is fixed and good to go.

waiting on a reply from this guy here: https://www.scionlife.com/forums/sho...=172371&page=1

matches my existing stuff, same brand and line of product, should really fix up the tC's sound, not that it's bad, just that it could be better
Old 02-10-2010, 12:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

Well i guess i will be eating cup noodle and cheap tv dinners for while
(sorry Brian LOL i had too)

well the other day the Trucks (sorry non scion) brakes have been acting up when trying to stop and then the ABS light would come on so i had jessica not drive it today and as soon as i got off of work and i took it down to goodyear tire to see if they can do a break check and they told me for what i explained to them what the problem was they had to do a diagnosis on it which runs $98 and i asked them what they think it might cost of the ABS system went out he said maybe $1,200-1,800 depends on what it could be well an hour later and i was also checking out my Ford f150 forums for some help and they all said what it might be one of the abs sensors and when he called me sure enough it was the front right abs sensor so instead of costing me 1200 it is going to be 487 which is way better but now that puts a big dent on my getting the spoiler for the tc

oh well atleast now the breaks with work on the truck
Old 02-10-2010, 12:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

worked a deal with the misses to order the first chunk of my air system, had to buy her a laptop! All I need now is the bags.

http://www.ez-bakedcustomz.com/about...gen-1-xb-kits/
Old 02-10-2010, 01:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Cliff - that is how life works ha ha - also i think i saw some on club xb that were for sale as well if you want to look there
Old 02-10-2010, 02:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

Yeah, fair is fair I guess. I want EZ's new rear bags, he only made 5 sets on the last run and is out for a couple months, so gotta wait. Undecided on the fronts still, may go with Randode's Air Stunner fronts.
Old 02-10-2010, 04:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ive seen a few xb's run airbags, but i feel like yours may be one of the ones that will actually look cool with them.

usually not a big fan.

Quick Reply: So who is working on anything new.........