Notices
Regional - Pacific Northwest
ID, OR, WA

So who is working on anything new.........

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2011, 06:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Like Brian, I have parts sitting around the house, waiting for a warmer day or a shop with a heater, lol.
Old 02-25-2011, 06:50 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member

Me too...infact it looks like i am going ti be selling off some projects here to finish others...
Old 02-25-2011, 08:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I actually just drove my Yaris for the first time in about three weeks yesterday. I forgot how fun it was!

At this point, I'm not working on anything new with my Yaris, other than working to hope the weather gets better so I can put my summer wheels/tires on.

I am, however, working on my 1995 Suzuki Sidekick project.
Name:  Sidekick.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  71.5 KB
I call it the "Teal Terror" at this point (I would like to paint it a different color). It'll get a lift and some 30x9.5 or 235/75/15 tires hopefully sooner than later, then a front bumper and winch. It'll be my off-road toy. A different avenue, but lots-o-fun. So far, I've done cap, rotor, plugs, wires, timing belt, water pump, thermostat, valve cover gasket, oil change, new battery, new washer line, and lot of cleaning and repair. Lots more to do, but hey, that's a project car!
Old 02-25-2011, 11:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Trader
Scikotics
SL Member

Newest mod.

CUSTOM EXHAUST!!!

Name:  2011-02-2595150044.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  45.0 KB

Name:  2011-02-2595150055.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  36.3 KB
Old 02-25-2011, 11:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If I get a package from usps and I do a return to sender would I have to pay for the return shipping?
Old 02-26-2011, 01:06 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member

Most likely..and a-snell thats sick!! Was wondering why noone had done that yet.
Old 02-26-2011, 03:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That's what it was supposed to be I thought, that makes me surprised no one had done it yet too.

I hope it doesn't melt the bumper, that's probably why they didn't do it OEM.
Old 02-26-2011, 05:06 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah that will get the bumper pretty hot. especially on long drives. i would get a CF insert in there somehow to keep from melting your bumper
Old 02-26-2011, 08:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Got a new steering wheel this is now the forth one I've had on the tC

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
Old 02-27-2011, 03:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by lefty29er
Really Nice
hey thanks!
Old 02-27-2011, 05:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

Got me a big gaudy 5" tach on the way.....lol....it will be awsome....huge and gaudy but awsome none the less....lol
Old 02-28-2011, 02:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Trader
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Kanchi
Most likely..and a-snell thats sick!! Was wondering why noone had done that yet.
thanks. I've been wanting to do that ever since I got the xB back in 08.

Originally Posted by optional
That's what it was supposed to be I thought, that makes me surprised no one had done it yet too.

I hope it doesn't melt the bumper, that's probably why they didn't do it OEM.
Originally Posted by FuGativ3
yeah that will get the bumper pretty hot. especially on long drives. i would get a CF insert in there somehow to keep from melting your bumper
Shouldn't be a problem with the bumper. The last set up I had sat even closer than this one. and with that I took a trip to Vegas and back (2000 miles) Reno and back, (1200 miles) a few trips up to Portland ( 500 miles each trip)plus thousands of miles around town. I had that set up on for over 2 years. Not a single problem. The tip is a double walled tip. transfers heat a lot better thus it stays cooler than a single walled tip. Plus the hole is a 4" hole and the tip is only 3 1/2". there is around 1/4-3-8" on all sides.
Old 03-01-2011, 11:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

Well almost got my sound deadening.....I ordered 50' of the vinyl .45mil and a gallon of the liquid......they shipped me the vinyl and not my gallon.....grrrrrr

Gotta wait till tomorrow to find out where my gallon is.....not real happy they spaced on $50 of product and the shipping was $19 for it on top of what I paid to ship the other......grrrrrr....

Also to top it off Corbeau still has not begun assy of my seat brackets....was told today to call back in 3 weeks and they would know a ship date.....

At this point it may be May before I get car started on my mods.....I hate the hurry up and wait game....lol
Old 03-02-2011, 05:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by BZinn1
Well almost got my sound deadening.....I ordered 50' of the vinyl .45mil and a gallon of the liquid......they shipped me the vinyl and not my gallon.....grrrrrr

Gotta wait till tomorrow to find out where my gallon is.....not real happy they spaced on $50 of product and the shipping was $19 for it on top of what I paid to ship the other......grrrrrr....

Also to top it off Corbeau still has not begun assy of my seat brackets....was told today to call back in 3 weeks and they would know a ship date.....

At this point it may be May before I get car started on my mods.....I hate the hurry up and wait game....lol
I am thinking of doing a sound deadening to my car too. How are u gonna do it to urs?
Old 03-02-2011, 06:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

Honestly it depends on what you want out of the deadening.....my tC I did almost the entire car for about $180....

Yaris.....I am at about $180 in materials and shipping cost as well....

My goal is about the same as the tC.....very low road noise...lower the exhaust noise......and eliminate all rattles from stereo.....

I am using the deadening to make my music experiance cleaner and better inside the car in the most part.....the deader the panels are the better the music seems to sound...not sure all the science of it all but it is there...lol

I plan on doing a liquid deadener on the firewall,floor pan,over the wheel wells and then the edead .45 on the doors and rear hatch,also on all the panels in car...

At this pint it looks as if late March.....gut the car.....april run all wires,install comps,amp,and deaden....and hopefully install seats.....harness bar.....brakes.....pullys.....header and resonator.....

then May.....dear God.....buy sub,build rear false floor in Carbon,build Carbon sub box.....tune sub and comps and then goto show and enjoy a day of fun from the hard work....

All in all the car is going to be sweet by end of year if all goes well....if not I wait some more....lol
Old 03-02-2011, 04:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I see, thanks! I think I will do a layer or two of e45 and see how it goes. Really wanna reduce the road noise I m hving. Thanks
Old 03-03-2011, 03:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

I have found for floorboards the liquid does wonders.....for door noise the edead or other brands put on at least .90mil thick,this is .45 on the door skin and .45 on the inner door skin that the door panel attaches to does wonders.

Roof either works well.

rear of car liquid then .45mil

wheel wells,get as much on them as you can,they are wehre the sound seems to generate the most.

also small strips on interior panels on their backs does wonders at cutting more noise......

on average 100' of deadening will make a huge differance,night and day really.

to get an idea of how well it works....if i remember we db tested the tC inside and stereo put out 136db......got out of car,closed doors and outside sound was under 10bd......it sheilded 126 db,to be honest I am not sure of what the db level was outside prior to deadening but I am sure it would of been about 35db at least....
Old 03-03-2011, 05:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Wow, thats a huge improvement! This should be my next mod! Thanks again for the info :D
Old 03-03-2011, 05:38 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

wow that is a huge improvement Zinn! I'm not to worried about other people hearing my music though. I'll crank my tech n9ne all day and night
Old 03-03-2011, 06:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

I made a decision today........it took me nearly 8 months......see I got this huge 5 channel amp....it is gonna run one set of comps that came out the tC.....at like 120w to each comp.....

Then I have the 3 and 4 channels to use.....for that I have not officially made a decision....lol

But then the sub channel.....amp is rated at 600w at 1 Ohm...but I know it pushes cleanly closer to 800 cause I did it....lol and it still had a little more room before it clipped.......

So I decided today after a talk on the phone to the manufacture....about what kinda sound I wanted,what it was going into,how it was gonna sit,size limits......I decided on the 16Ov.2 from Elemental Designs to mate the amp same maker....basically gonna have huge sub fit into small car with lots of power and nothing in the car but it and two seats....lol....lots of deadening....gonna hurt a little I thinks....I hopes...lol

Quick Reply: So who is working on anything new.........