Notices
Regional - Pacific Northwest
ID, OR, WA

So who is working on anything new.........

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2011, 01:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

Ok back on topic for my thread.........hey did anyone nitice we went over 100,000 posts....most are halfway on topic....PNW known for not doing well with that....lol

So my part is....my harness bar will be here Thursday.....I plan on finally cleaning and trying to wax up the car this next week while i am on vacation....so photos will wait till then....

As you were........
Old 03-16-2011, 01:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Aurora
@robbie, what's that in your engine bay off to the right of the headers?
Well the headers are not visible from the front, thats the intake, I know, its different then the tC's. But thats the wiper motor and assembly, I had to remove the plastic tray that the wipers and motor are in to get to the tops of the front struts.
Old 03-16-2011, 01:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by FuGativ3
the new stance looks good robbie! can you feel the difference when ur driving it?
Its a little stiffer, had TRD springs on before, so its not that big of a difference. I haven't driven it on any twistys yet.
Old 03-16-2011, 02:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

@alienvictim,
so what area should I attack first? Performance, suspension, etc? I've only seen a couple magazines where tuners talk about headers, CAI and exhaust, maybe that'd be a start.
Was your dad a mechanic or tuner himself? I can be patient in learning something, just don't want to make costly mistakes like buying the wrong things that don't do squat.
my dad was a fleet mechanic for diesel, but he built a lot of crzy stuff including trucks from random different trucks. and was always repairing and selling cars.

the only costly mistakes you will make is not listening to people on the forums about their experiences with certain products...and if your doing custom stuff it comes with the territory.

most people will attack suspension...any performance mods will degrade if you don't have anything throwing the horsepower your making onto the ground.

you don't necessarily need to go full coil-overs. but a responsive set of springs and aftermarket struts will do wonders.

a torque dampener can also reduce wheel hop and motor mounts do an awesome job of giving you back some oomph. i have heard (kanchi) that our cars don't really benefit all that much from the front sway bar... but the rear upgraded will do wonders.

oh and quality tires.

Last edited by alienvictim; 03-16-2011 at 03:03 AM.
Old 03-16-2011, 02:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by BZinn1
Ok back on topic for my thread.........hey did anyone nitice we went over 100,000 posts....most are halfway on topic....PNW known for not doing well with that....lol

So my part is....my harness bar will be here Thursday.....I plan on finally cleaning and trying to wax up the car this next week while i am on vacation....so photos will wait till then....

As you were........
sweet i hope to see it on the 19th!
Old 03-16-2011, 03:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by alienvictim
you don't necessarily need to go full coil-overs. but a responsive set of springs and aftermarket struts will do wonders.
TRD stuff any good, or over-ratted/overpriced?

I'd really like to go for handling first and get a better overall comfort of a ride. So I guess springs, struts, rear sway bar will be first on the list. ScionPro has a nice set of coilovers.
Old 03-16-2011, 03:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

TRD stuff any good, or over-ratted/overpriced?

I'd really like to go for handling first and get a better overall comfort of a ride. So I guess springs, struts, rear sway bar will be first on the list. ScionPro has a nice set of coilovers.
trd is ok. some of it is good some of it is overpriced compared to cheaper (better suited equipment) used to have a trd exhaust. really good with stock headers and s-pipe. but terrible with aftermarket exhaust stuff.

although the trd struts and springs ride really good... they don't go low enough for most people.
Old 03-16-2011, 04:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Trader
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by boostedrs1
here is what all i fit up yesterday

give me some feed back on the gold red and CF. im gonna go with differet rims and not streched tire cause that wont work when time attack and autocross.

at first I was like.. WHA?????? then I saw the last pic posted here.. VERY NICE!!!!! find some CF side rails.
Old 03-16-2011, 05:11 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member

OMG you guys....anywho boostedrs1 looks good, I see you have a cage but you will need to make sure it extends to the front otherwise the only side protection you have in an accident is that cf...no crash bars in the cf doors...yeah scary...Otherwise looks good, are those real advans?
Old 03-16-2011, 06:33 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have TRD springs on my tC and i LOVE their ride quality. granted i haven't had any other sets of springs or coil-overs on there so i have nothing to compare them to but i would definitely recommend the TRD springs if you are fine with a 1.5" drop
Old 03-16-2011, 07:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I am rolling in an xB Aurora, I have the Tanabe Strut tower brace, and Hotchkis F&R Sway bars... I'm sure that with the tC it's not AS necessary for the upgraded Front sway, but it helps a ton on my B. Plus I threw in some Eibach Sportlines. Next I need to mount some tires on my new rims and will be installing those. POINT BEING (sorry for the sidetrack) Handling will be one of the most cost effective and immediately noticable upgrades. At least that is MY opinion.
Old 03-16-2011, 01:09 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Kanchi
OMG you guys....anywho boostedrs1 looks good, I see you have a cage but you will need to make sure it extends to the front otherwise the only side protection you have in an accident is that cf...no crash bars in the cf doors...yeah scary...Otherwise looks good, are those real advans?
the cage is a full cage with side rails and they gave me extra side rails for each side so i will have one for my lower body and my mid section just have to well on the pices its from autopower.. and about the rims lol nebster would be dissapointed in you if he saw you thought those were advans lol.. there my buddys rota g-force they have a streched tire on them im going to get something simular from rota.. if anyone has any suggestions please feel free to let me know for rims but im going 18x10 all around
Old 03-16-2011, 01:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by boostedrs1
the cage is a full cage with side rails and they gave me extra side rails for each side so i will have one for my lower body and my mid section just have to well on the pices its from autopower.. and about the rims lol nebster would be dissapointed in you if he saw you thought those were advans lol.. there my buddys rota g-force they have a streched tire on them im going to get something simular from rota.. if anyone has any suggestions please feel free to let me know for rims but im going 18x10 all around
dude i cant really tell if i like the gold red and carbon together...i really like how the darker rims flowed...but hard to tell without a finished picture....

may look great but really just cant tell right now.

Old 03-16-2011, 03:09 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member

Well it looks good but not a fan of cast wheels...especially in a competition setting. Glad to hear you have the safety aspect of the cage with the side bars...now get some rpf1s or something for the track, keep the rotas for the street.
Old 03-16-2011, 04:40 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Kanchi
Well it looks good but not a fan of cast wheels...especially in a competition setting. Glad to hear you have the safety aspect of the cage with the side bars...now get some rpf1s or something for the track, keep the rotas for the street.
yea im gonna get track wheels and street wheels are family shop is a rota dealer and since i cant get them for a good price gonna pick up a set and still looking for some gram lights or something cause the weight with wheels is huge i have been able to see a difference with heavy ones on my car and light ones... thanks for all those that have given there opinions and not telling what to do lol
Old 03-16-2011, 06:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah, I've got my Tenzo 18's on my car again right now and it is noticibly slower with the added weight of them on all corners, I'm really happy with the look, just not so much the feel.
Old 03-16-2011, 09:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by FuGativ3
I have TRD springs on my tC and i LOVE their ride quality. granted i haven't had any other sets of springs or coil-overs on there so i have nothing to compare them to but i would definitely recommend the TRD springs if you are fine with a 1.5" drop
Originally Posted by LtBradleykins
POINT BEING (sorry for the sidetrack) Handling will be one of the most cost effective and immediately noticable upgrades. At least that is MY opinion.
So, do you need to get shocks, spings and coilovers to get kind of the whole package? Or would springs and coilovers do the trick. I can do a 1.5" drop, that's no biggie.

@boosted....dude, I love that front fender. Reminds me (kinda) of the IS-F. Those are hella expensive though at $789.
Old 03-16-2011, 09:33 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i only have the springs. no struts or anything. it rides perfectly and the response is very good.
what do you have on ur car now?
Old 03-16-2011, 10:03 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member

So, do you need to get shocks, spings and coilovers to get kind of the whole package? Or would springs and coilovers do the trick. I can do a 1.5" drop, that's no biggie.

@boosted....dude, I love that front fender. Reminds me (kinda) of the IS-F. Those are hella expensive though at $789.
As far as suspension what do you want to achieve with your car? If you want to track it get ss-p's or bc racing. If you want MOAR LOW, go with racdlands, rokors, or b&g. If you wany a nice drop and plan on spirited driving once in awhile get tokico blues and h&r springs. Just my opinion, not trying to tell you what to do.
Old 03-16-2011, 10:15 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^some great advice for sure

Quick Reply: So who is working on anything new.........