Notices
Regional - Pacific Northwest
ID, OR, WA

So who is working on anything new.........

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 03:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

Originally Posted by Dkfung88
what kind of tires are those? those thread looks mean!
Well I took a chance and decided to try out Proxes 4s....so far I really like them,they are much quieter than the Kumho's...which I think might be the loudest tire I ever drove.

I know Proxes 4s tend to fade fast under hard track use,but I am just DD them...so I think I will be ok...

I wanted NeoGens like I had on the tC but they dont make the size for the fronts if I remember correctly...I really liked the NeoGens,they were fairly quiet except in corners they growed,screamed,creaked and groaned....they gave a lot of audible response to let you know they were either gripping or slipping before they slipped.

I figured I would try a slew of tires the next couple of years since with staggered directional tires I cannot rotate at all so they will maybe last a year tops....lol...I drive like 25000 a year...egplant nearly to 50000 miles by end of month he should be there...easy.
Old 04-13-2011, 03:48 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

holy crap! that is a great deal! why wouldn't they fit your wheels though? your wheels pretty small?
Old 04-13-2011, 03:50 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

no there 18s but not sure cause of the curve
Name:  d379d5b9.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  132.3 KB
dont know if you can see in this pic this is an old pic
Old 04-13-2011, 03:52 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

oh okay i can kinda see how that would interfere with your wheels. if all else fails and they don't fit, you know you can turn around and sell that kit for the same you bought it for or even more (but don't let anyone know that lol).
Old 04-13-2011, 03:54 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

better pic dont know if the bigger calipers will scrape
Name:  9fdf7cd0.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  90.7 KB
Old 04-13-2011, 03:55 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

or buy wheels that fit the brakes lol
Old 04-13-2011, 04:27 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by BZinn1
Well I took a chance and decided to try out Proxes 4s....so far I really like them,they are much quieter than the Kumho's...which I think might be the loudest tire I ever drove.

I know Proxes 4s tend to fade fast under hard track use,but I am just DD them...so I think I will be ok...

I wanted NeoGens like I had on the tC but they dont make the size for the fronts if I remember correctly...I really liked the NeoGens,they were fairly quiet except in corners they growed,screamed,creaked and groaned....they gave a lot of audible response to let you know they were either gripping or slipping before they slipped.

I figured I would try a slew of tires the next couple of years since with staggered directional tires I cannot rotate at all so they will maybe last a year tops....lol...I drive like 25000 a year...egplant nearly to 50000 miles by end of month he should be there...easy.
dang those are the two i have in mind to get.... hmm.... i like Toyo Proxes but I've always like NeoGens but could never afford them.... hmm decisions decisions...
Old 04-13-2011, 04:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

Originally Posted by Dkfung88
dang those are the two i have in mind to get.... hmm.... i like Toyo Proxes but I've always like NeoGens but could never afford them.... hmm decisions decisions...
Honestly the Neos were my favorite tire in all my years of driving,they did great in the wet too.

I also want to try a set of Yoko Sdrives out as well....think that is what Kanchi has and they look like they ride good.

I do highly recomend the Nittos though.....they wroked very well,takes a bit to get used to the growling....honestly they growl in corners,I dont know why but they were like they were alive and making noise...lol

My guess is the compounds they make them with makes differant sounds as friction builds.
Old 04-13-2011, 04:46 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member

My favs were the yoko parada spec2s, next were the bfgoodrich supersports (have these currently again), then yoko s drives. Worst tire I ever owned was the falken ziex 912, followed closely by the toyo proxes...
Old 04-13-2011, 04:50 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Honestly the Neos were my favorite tire in all my years of driving,they did great in the wet too.

I also want to try a set of Yoko Sdrives out as well....think that is what Kanchi has and they look like they ride good.

I do highly recomend the Nittos though.....they wroked very well,takes a bit to get used to the growling....honestly they growl in corners,I dont know why but they were like they were alive and making noise...lol

My guess is the compounds they make them with makes differant sounds as friction builds.
Were the Nittos loud in general? like on the streets? or only on certain surfaces?

Originally Posted by Kanchi
My favs were the yoko parada spec2s, next were the bfgoodrich supersports (have these currently again), then yoko s drives. Worst tire I ever owned was the falken ziex 912, followed closely by the toyo proxes...

I've ran Falken 912 before, they were good for the first 100 miles.... after that they wore out so fast.....
Old 04-13-2011, 05:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

Neogens are quiet except in the corners,and the faster the corner the louder they get.......that is the only way I can describe it.....

It takes a lot to get them to slip too....I accedently took a corner coming back from Corina's memorial drive that was marked 30mph....at 45ish,I forgot that specific corner was in all seriousness a 30 mph corner no matter what you drive and they hung on perfectly,but the sound they made made me cringe....

when I first got the Neos I pulled over a few times after corners to make sure there was not something wrong with the car....it is a noticable sound....Brad wil tell you the same thing....hard to describe....it is like they are talking to you saying hey,you can push me more,I will scream when you go to far...lol...and they do....it is like the sound of a cat being sawed in half by a tweeker...lol

Yeah I am hoping the light weight yaris will make the proxes work well....they so far a a step up from the Kumhos,which were a good tire,but so noisey I could stand it no more.I was gonna ad another layer to my deadening till I put the toyos on...now car is quiet inside....lol
Old 04-13-2011, 05:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

also 912s.....God sakes do not use....oh they are horrid.....the 512s I had on the 17s were great though,think they discontinued them though...shame
Old 04-13-2011, 11:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I *love* my Potenza RE760's, more than my Dunlop Sport 01's I had before, compared to the proxes I had in between (which were good for the price I think) WOW.
Old 04-14-2011, 01:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

yeah neo gens are a great tire and that trip back from the corina cruise i kept calling brian on his cell and asking him if my rear sliding because i was testing out them corners on that road back they did pretty good on the handling
Old 04-14-2011, 04:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

well I think that Egplant is headed in the right direction now.....today was out taken a break and was looking at my car from about 100' away.....

while I was doing so an Acura driving by it slows....then stops....he and his passenger just stare....they go around the lot and come back up and get out and check it out....not knowing I am standing like 100' away...lol

so then after they drive away,another Honda slows,stops....stares till the car behind him honks.......

Honestly I have this picture of Egplant in my head.......the final Egplant picture.....he will always be my DD but man it sure makes ya feel good when people stop and stare.....

I get it all the time driving,people lean out their windows "What is it?????".....thumbs up....revved on by much faster cars......it feels nice to be able to finally get a car started again on becoming a nice ride.....

I hope others get these same types of responses from their rides from people.....it is a nice feeling.
Old 04-14-2011, 04:58 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member

Nah whenever I park I get creepy people looking inside like they are looking for somethung to steal...
Old 04-14-2011, 05:32 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah i get a couple turned heads and some staring but nothing like that. lol you are right though. it is a really good feeling to know that other people appreciate your car.
Old 04-15-2011, 12:02 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i couldn't resist it. Im getting a used wrinkle black Fugita F5 for $150. saw it on CL and couldn't pass up that possibility

**never mind. it was for an '07 and younger so i guess i won't be getting it. kinda sad now...

Last edited by FuGativ3; 04-15-2011 at 02:50 AM.
Old 04-15-2011, 03:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I love it when the Honda kids stare and then rev their engines as if they want to race, lol.
Old 04-15-2011, 11:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Honestly I have this picture of Egplant in my head.......the final Egplant picture.....he will always be my DD but man it sure makes ya feel good when people stop and stare.....

I get it all the time driving,people lean out their windows "What is it?????".....thumbs up....revved on by much faster cars......it feels nice to be able to finally get a car started again on becoming a nice ride.....

I hope others get these same types of responses from their rides from people.....it is a nice feeling.
I have to agree whole heartedly... your ride is looking pretty sweet man, and I love the upgrade from the old rims... not exactly the way you wanted to go about getting them I'm sure... Bent rim and all... but Definitely a good choice on your part. And I second the fact that it is a great feeling having people admire your ride... I have noticed people turning their heads as I drive by... It's nice to be part of that crowd!

Quick Reply: So who is working on anything new.........