Notices
Regional - Pacific Northwest
ID, OR, WA

So who is working on anything new.........

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2011, 11:47 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Ziggi
Ah cool, so does it completely open or just a certain amount?
Not sure, but probably a certain amount.
Old 04-18-2011, 11:58 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Working on moving! I hate moving! Oh well its good to get outta Key West though.
Old 04-19-2011, 12:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

Originally Posted by highvoltage1
Working on moving! I hate moving! Oh well its good to get outta Key West though.
come back brock!!! no one has enough ballsaround here to ____ in the corner like you! we all miss you!.....especially tyler!
Old 04-19-2011, 01:01 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

ROFL!

I wouldnt mind coming back! I miss all you guys! Its gonna be nice getting closer to civilization to go to car shows and races again. Hopefully I can get back into auto-x up there. Id still be here in key west if not for my son though. He got diagnosed with epilepsy. So they need to move us where he can be treated if he has anymore issues. But right now he is doing good and no seizures.
Old 04-19-2011, 01:42 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

^hey there is another cruise idea. if you found an organization that would sponsor us or something, we could do a cruise to help epilepsy patients
Old 04-19-2011, 02:19 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

It is a good idea. Wont be there if its in WA though LOL!
Old 04-19-2011, 06:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ah cool, so does it completely open or just a certain amount?
As of right now, only a certain amount, but it's fixable by using regular nuts instead of the plastic wingnuts that come with the bike mounts, and by shaving the stock bolt down to size, it's been done before by a few people, maybe I'll take pictures and stuff so it's better documented here when I get to doing it, was hoping to tomorrow but turns out I have a ton of homework and a physics project and driving my boss to the airport, plus work, plus umm, portal 2. Heh.
Old 04-19-2011, 07:12 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by optional
As of right now, only a certain amount, but it's fixable by using regular nuts instead of the plastic wingnuts that come with the bike mounts, and by shaving the stock bolt down to size, it's been done before by a few people, maybe I'll take pictures and stuff so it's better documented here when I get to doing it, was hoping to tomorrow but turns out I have a ton of homework and a physics project and driving my boss to the airport, plus work, plus umm, portal 2. Heh.
lol portal 2, then homework, the physics project, then driving boss to airport, then work. get your priorities right tyler!
Old 04-19-2011, 12:56 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Wastegate is mounted need to get the pipe done now.
Name:  b9c27917.jpg
Views: 29
Size:  159.1 KB
Old 04-19-2011, 03:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by optional
Ah ok cool, Pete explained a bit yesterday about it but you know him.. lol jk jk. I'll be on the look out for some more pics, thanks Tyler
Old 04-19-2011, 05:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by boostedrs1

Will you be leaving the exhaust at that angle? I like the look, personally, but it sticks quite a bit out into the slipstream and will cause quite a bit of turbulence on that side of the car. I only mention this because I'm not actually sure what this car is going to be used for. Drag or circuit?

It really matters more if the car is going to be circuit tracked as the constant drag and turbulence created on that side of the car will have greater impact, especially at the speeds I'm assuming this setup will be capable of.

Also, is that a cat right before the exit of the pipe? If not, what the heck is that?

Overall, I'm very impressed with this build and looking forward to seeing how it all turns out. Keep up the stellar design/fab work!
Old 04-19-2011, 05:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^ It looks like a flex pipe so that the engine can move and not disrupt the solid mount of the exhaust exit.
Old 04-19-2011, 06:39 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

if that thing runs, you should do a start-up video so we can hear this puppy roar. I don't know about the rest of you but I'm interested in the numbers it produces and what it sounds like

overall, a very sexy build so far
Old 04-19-2011, 08:25 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member

Interested to see how the radiator hose will be run...also how close is the manifold to the clutch hydralics? Are you heat wrapping the manifold?
Old 04-19-2011, 11:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

looks good....before you fire that bad boy up and melt the unholy !@#$ ou of that side of the bumper i would suggest making a simple metal cutout that fits about a few inches around that turbo exhaust port...so that way it doesn't destroy that bumper and end up looking fugly as all !@#$

simple photo shop to give you an idea... but even with a flexible exhaust flange that thing is going to be kicking out heat like crazy...

and yes this does look crappy...like 2 minutes of work.. sorry but you get the idea.

Old 04-20-2011, 12:49 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks guys! And love the photoshop! I couldn't do that in 10hours but I can build a car! Lol but as far as racing I'm going time attack and auto x. That is a flex pipe. Also keep in mind I not done with the exhaust still have to get the wastegate pipe above that. I was thinking of doing a plate with both holes and it would have a cone that would cover both "less turbulence when racing" but dont worry I will defiantly film it at fire up! Also with 2-step. If you seen Rados awd 2step video that's what it will be like I bet. I will keep this updated for sure still waiting on 6gs of parts and still ordering more so it's going to have everything possible done to it lol. AlsO wanted the exhaust like that so you can really hear the cams.

The radiator I have to cut the top inlet off and angle it and then the manifold will be ceramic coated. The coolant line will be aluminum and heat wrapped. Clutch is safe I built 5 manifolds befor I got the one I liked and I know will push some power!
Old 04-21-2011, 01:13 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Polished the exhaust tip the other pipe is what it started out as. And the other picture is my 2nd built block. Yes I have 2 built short blocks. Name:  8f2f795c.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  95.6 KBName:  447e9113.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  57.9 KB

Here is a better picture of the flex pipe.
Name:  1795d5bd.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  88.1 KB
Old 04-21-2011, 03:51 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

wow crazy build! cant wait to see the finished product.
Old 04-21-2011, 03:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Few pics of my small recent projects.. badge, hood spacers, window tint & wink mirror
Attached Thumbnails So who is working on anything new.........-badge.jpg   So who is working on anything new.........-hood-spacers.jpg   So who is working on anything new.........-window-tint.jpg   So who is working on anything new.........-wink-mirror.jpg  
Old 04-21-2011, 06:57 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Few pics of my small recent projects.. badge, hood spacers, window tint & wink mirror
oooo kanchi is not gonna be happy with you about that new badge. he is on his high horse about that because he thought he was being unique because of how rare it is. Looks good ziggi. i like the camouflage hood and the extended mirror

Quick Reply: So who is working on anything new.........