Notices
Regional - Pacific Northwest
ID, OR, WA

So who is working on anything new.........

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2011, 07:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by FuGativ3
oooo kanchi is not gonna be happy with you about that new badge. he is on his high horse about that because he thought he was being unique because of how rare it is. Looks good ziggi. i like the camouflage hood and the extended mirror
Well I hope he doesn't get upset with me, it was a gift and thank you, the mirror is amazing! For how long I wanted one it took me long enough to actually get it lol
Old 04-21-2011, 07:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Ziggi
Few pics of my small recent projects.. badge, hood spacers, window tint & wink mirror
glad your doing stuff to your car baby....looks good.

Originally Posted by FuGativ3
oooo kanchi is not gonna be happy with you about that new badge. he is on his high horse about that because he thought he was being unique because of how rare it is. Looks good ziggi. i like the camouflage hood and the extended mirror
should be fine. it was a gift from a dealership friend.. at a meet she didnt actually go looking for it it just fell into her lap. if anyone freaks out at least they have an awnser why.
Old 04-21-2011, 07:36 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by alienvictim
glad your doing stuff to your car baby....looks good.

should be fine. it was a gift from a dealership friend.. at a meet she didnt actually go looking for it it just fell into her lap. if anyone freaks out at least they have an awnser why.
lol yeah i know. i just remember erik seeing that same badge on another tC at the tsunami relief meet and being startled because he had never seen anyone else with that badge. I'm sure he will be fine with you having it. its not like he is going to hunt you down ziggi and tear it off. he is not that protective haha. if anything he will like it.
Old 04-21-2011, 07:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

painted floor pan in front flat black...painted remaining engine compartment metal black...added a few small details to make it look um.....better.

put stockies on my car (lighter), bought and installed a wink mirror for ziggi, installed a badge on ziggi"s car. and installed spacers for her hood.

mounted stereo system in garage...yay! woot!
Old 04-21-2011, 08:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

painted floor pan in front flat black...painted remaining engine compartment metal black...added a few small details to make it look um.....better.

put stockies on my car (lighter), bought and installed a wink mirror for ziggi, installed a badge on ziggi"s car. and installed spacers for her hood.

Again, pics plz!!!!!
Old 04-21-2011, 08:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Aw come on, I helped some too lol
Old 04-21-2011, 09:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by allenxtc
Again, pics plz!!!!!
yes allen...lol =)

Originally Posted by Ziggi
Aw come on, I helped some too lol
yes we did work on them didnt we
Old 04-21-2011, 11:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

here you go allen...not much just painted the rest of anything silver flat black. i think it looks better.

Old 04-21-2011, 11:47 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

I had that badge as well. Thanks to BZinn! Redbeard took it off my hands a year or so ago. I have a CF hhatch garnish so i couldnt mount it. But it is a cool badge. Erik wont mind. But get that orange peel fixed on your garnish and it will look much better!
Old 04-22-2011, 12:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

yeah i still have my badge from that show which was my first scion car show and the biggest.
Old 04-22-2011, 01:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Alien, any problems w/ the rain on the battery terminals? I kind of like the no hood look. Reminds me of a BMW I saw at an auto show that had a clear hood.....didn't even look like it was there.
Old 04-22-2011, 01:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by highvoltage1
I had that badge as well. Thanks to BZinn! Redbeard took it off my hands a year or so ago. I have a CF hhatch garnish so i couldnt mount it. But it is a cool badge. Erik wont mind. But get that orange peel fixed on your garnish and it will look much better!
Ah not a fan of the orange peel look eh? lol I don't mind it myself..gives the ride some character
Old 04-22-2011, 03:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

here you go allen...not much just painted the rest of anything silver flat black. i think it looks better.

Definitely looks better!!
Old 04-22-2011, 10:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Aurora
Alien, any problems w/ the rain on the battery terminals? I kind of like the no hood look. Reminds me of a BMW I saw at an auto show that had a clear hood.....didn't even look like it was there.
no man none what so ever, as long as the batter terminals cant short they wont...the negative is pretty much the body and as long as the positive terminal is covered the only thing that will make it have issues would be if it was submersed.......which i hope never happens.

cant beat the weight reduction of having no hood.....and screw aerodynamics i'm not drag racing...hahahahaha.

Definitely looks better!!
thanks allen im happy with it... i am a weird guy so i guess its just my taste...lol
Old 04-23-2011, 12:09 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

not exactly car related but i sent in my transfer application to WSU yesterday along with my grades transcript. now i just gotta wait for them to reply and :knock on wood: tell me i have been accepted.

the bad thing is though, i will be in pullman so you guys won't see me for a good two years or so. It won't be until next spring I have until then, but if i get accepted then I'm sure gonna miss you guys
Old 04-23-2011, 12:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^ u transfer soon? Good luck dude! I still hv at least 3 more quarters to go ..
Old 04-23-2011, 04:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

Originally Posted by highvoltage1

Badges.......Badges.......WE don't need no stink'n Badges....lol
Old 04-23-2011, 04:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

So the sub box finally arrived today......6 weeks passed,then the 7th nearly....

So this weekend I gotta hit up Loews and get some bolts to bolt the sub to the box......

But after I test it out and get some MDF I can start to build a mount for each side of the box,I am gona run bolts through the sides of the box and make the box tiltable for tuning to see how it all bounces in the car.....

I may actually have soemthing mounted in the car by the 30th...never gonna get it all done for show season....gonna end up work in progress this year...bummer.
Old 04-23-2011, 07:17 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

^ u transfer soon? Good luck dude! I still hv at least 3 more quarters to go ..
yeah thanks man. i could probably finish this summer quarter if i wanted because i only got three more classes to take (2 natural science and 1 humanities), but I'm thinking i might take summer off because i wanna work a lot to save up for wazzu. I will probably finish this fall and then transfer there for their Spring Semester which starts in February I think.
Old 04-24-2011, 12:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I rode my bike today

I washed the tC yesterday, finally nice out, yay!

I have a few ideas for projects for the tC coming up, mostly completing things I've already started, like wiring my speakers with the amp I have and getting some kind of fabric all around the back of the car to make it look cleaner than just bare metal, or I could just spray it all black I guess, maybe with Plastidip hmm. I glued down the corners of the gasket on my lip so those aren't sticking out anymore, I still have to put the fender liner back in on the passenger side. Cleaned under the hood a lot too, I think I'll high-temp the heat shield to clean that up and re-do the diversion panel.

Still hoping to paint the harness bar something awesome, get a c-pillar bar, some better stanced wheels, not sure I'm ready for something high end yet, I'll just curb them to death anyway.

Probably giving up on the turbo project, it's just way too far out of my budget and capability, I'll be posting that stuff up soon here, I need the cash for other stuff not car related anyway.

Also I'm getting my motorcycle endorsement here soon, then picking up a 250cc ninja or something as a learner bike, keep some miles off the car, etc.

Quick Reply: So who is working on anything new.........