Notices
Regional - Pacific Northwest
ID, OR, WA

So who is working on anything new.........

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 03:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by fliphm00b
^yeah dude idk how, my first set broke cuz my lip pushed it up since it sits on it and caused it to crack. My second set i dont even know how cuz its a perfect circle..

I could use those broken ones for turn signals, lol.
Old 04-27-2011, 05:45 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

^sold both sets already
Old 04-29-2011, 03:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

Just seperated my fog lights from my headlight harness, finally, I can have parking lights and fogs on at same time AND have fogs on when high beams are on.....now to figure out how to remove the headlights from the alarm system so they wont flash when the alarm goes off

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk

Last edited by nonmindo; 04-30-2011 at 07:25 AM.
Old 04-30-2011, 06:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

Josh I had to have them unhook a wire on the tC alarm so it wouldnt do that.....but they failed to do it right and it did it anyway......hope you have better luck than I did.

I dont remember what wire it was either,but they can hook it from the alarm to say the marker lights,fog lights,any light but the headlight....it is all on the steering wheel stalk somewhere....me have no clue.
Old 04-30-2011, 07:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

Originally Posted by BZinn1
Josh I had to have them unhook a wire on the tC alarm so it wouldnt do that.....but they failed to do it right and it did it anyway......hope you have better luck than I did.

I dont remember what wire it was either,but they can hook it from the alarm to say the marker lights,fog lights,any light but the headlight....it is all on the steering wheel stalk somewhere....me have no clue.
Thanks Brian....sounds like I may need the dealership to do this?
Old 04-30-2011, 03:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

Not really.....any shop that installs alarms would be able to do it,they just pull up the wire specs in their computer and change the wire from alarm to whereever it is wanted to go instead of headlights,they can make it so no lights flash at all which is what I like.
Old 04-30-2011, 09:05 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

not car related but i just got accepted to WSU! Just thought I'd let y'all know :D
Old 05-01-2011, 12:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

Thats awsome.....now take courses that will get you a carreer so your not just wasting your time and money......and please send pictures of hot college girls.......lol....
Old 05-01-2011, 03:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by FuGativ3
not car related but i just got accepted to WSU! Just thought I'd let y'all know :D
CONGRATS!!! ps. good degree = good$$$job = NICE CAR
Old 05-01-2011, 04:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

INstalled sub to that empty box tonight........threw about 500w to it......crossed everything I thought at 80hz......and took a drive with my 50cent Lil Bit playing.......

Uhhhhhhhh well.......I need more deadening.......a lot more......

Also turns out I must of turned the crossover point to 20hz for the sub accidently and did not take back up to 80hz.......so I took it back out to about 80hz and holy mother........uhhhhhhhh my head hurts.

When it breaks in I am in for some serious pain......clean sounding......moves air well,but I may need to cahnge out the amp for something with more power to push it....but I am gonna wait till it is all broken in and properly tuned to decide that direction.....right now I think I am giving it about the right amount power though for a good break in of the sub......

Battery was recording on the hits 13.2-13.6v....so that looks ok so far....the 0/1 really helps me keep power to the amp going nicely.

Headlights....no dimming that I could tell but then again I was only giving it 0-20hz to play with....lol....the 21-80hz may change that a bit.

All in all I feel happy and once I get all the panels back in and pods done it will be very nice to listen to music in for certain.
Old 05-01-2011, 07:32 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thats awsome.....now take courses that will get you a carreer so your not just wasting your time and money......and please send pictures of hot college girls.......lol....
thanks a bunch man!

lol ummm aren't u a little old to be creeping on college girls Brian.

CONGRATS!!! ps. good degree = good$$$job = NICE CAR
haha thanks mike! once i get out of college Im looking to land a job with the Snohomish county drug task force so not a LOT of money, but definitely a step in the right direction.

i want a Lambo murcielago LP 670-4 SV, but im pretty sure it will take a couple lifetimes to get that much.
Old 05-01-2011, 08:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

Originally Posted by FuGativ3
thanks a bunch man!

lol ummm aren't u a little old to be creeping on college girls Brian.

haha thanks mike! once i get out of college Im looking to land a job with the Snohomish county drug task force so not a LOT of money, but definitely a step in the right direction.

i want a Lambo murcielago LP 670-4 SV, but im pretty sure it will take a couple lifetimes to get that much.

Note to self....stay away from Snohomish County.......lol....

Trust me......you never get to old to creep college girls......
Old 05-01-2011, 11:48 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Note to self....stay away from Snohomish County.......lol....

Trust me......you never get to old to creep college girls......
lol good one. yeah their mostly legal! you got worry about minors in community college though because some are 18 or younger
Old 05-03-2011, 03:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

Well for those that went to the Griot's show on Saturday you saw the car with the empty sub box bolted in......

Well here it is......
Name:  IMG_5049.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  57.4 KB

Name:  IMG_5050.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  39.0 KB

Will and I took it out yesturday and went for a cruise....and well with just a basic tune,xovers set to about 80hz on amp and deck.....sub at about 600w to break in......comps at 65w each......

Well lets just say it sounds beautiful,tones are crisp from the comps,and I meen so crisp that Will thought in one part of a song I was talking to him,turns out it was a part recorded that he although listening to the song for years had never heard in the track.

Sub.......OMG......excursion is sick...it moves like a kangaroo on crack.....deep clean bass lows,sharp hits,the box is tuned to the sub so it has proper back spacing and airspace to allow full motor movement.

Sealed box and honestly I would be afraid to put it in a ported box......it would hurt bad,it does now in a sealed box.....

If you heard my tC....well this is louder.....stupid louder,the sub volume increases with every volume change.....it has a lot to get broke in but once it does it will be even louder....

As for rattles........once again I seem to have done a pretty good job...only one front to back we found was the rear plate frame.....body panels flex quite a bit.....pressure in car is not too over bearing,but it is there.....had AC on full blast and the sub was pusshing the air in the car back forward just as easily as the AC pushed it out the dash.

voltage,no issues even on the hits.....never went below 13.6v....on stock battery....hwo would of guessed....new battery is gonna be needed I am sure....

Sound out side of car.......almost none....just like tC....but sub does not like hatch open,it get moving too far out and I heard motor slap once or twice so shut hatch and it stopped,my guess is it need the pressure from bouncing off the hatch.....

Components.....they are keeping right up,who would of guessed...DLS is a very nice speaker....lol

All in all I think a years worth of research,some luck,and a lot of work I have a very nice basic system....still got a lot of tuning.....it is all built around driver and passenger positioning,windows up,hatch closed and earplugs in.....

also I should say.......all that is at 50% power,I am afraid to turn up to 75% to totally tune it in till it is broken in......lol....I took it up to 25 for a burp and it hurt my ears.

Now to start the pods for the doors and Apillar tweets.....
Old 05-03-2011, 05:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

just be cautious cruizing... saw in the tribune they (Tacoma PD) are doing a crackdown on car stereos that can be heard at 50+ ft away when driving or at intersections.... $513 tkt
Old 05-03-2011, 06:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

well last night i repainted my calipers they went from red to black and found some more rock chips on my rims cant wait till i can put the rojas back on
Old 05-05-2011, 09:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Today I got a new windshield, I'm surprisingly excited about it.
Old 05-05-2011, 10:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

The feeling of a new windshield is only second behind the feeling of new socks. It's awesome!
Old 05-05-2011, 10:57 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by bbszero
The feeling of a new windshield is only second behind the feeling of new socks. It's awesome!
yeah until you crack ur windshield
Old 05-06-2011, 03:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

finally the Ro_JA's are done and ready to get some tires put on and back on the car. pics will be up soon as i get a chance to load them on the comp

Quick Reply: So who is working on anything new.........