Notices
Regional - Pacific Northwest
ID, OR, WA

So who is working on anything new.........

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2011, 11:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by bbszero
Pete, your 100% correct with that, anyone wanting bags needs to do some homework and see what they are getting into. I also recomment installing yourself, or being involved in the install, so when (eventually....)something goes wrong, your more inclined to know what and how to repair it. 9 out of 10 times, it's a leak in the line cause it was run improperly. I had about 3 failures in the first couple months, all line related. you learn from each one though, and your system only gets better as you learn. Mike, i think your mechanically inclined enough to do bags, and if you do, I'll gladly help however i can. And if you want to piece the kit together, let me know, I'll get you as close to wholesale prices as i can.
the pete likes this.
Old 07-06-2011, 06:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

I always found if a person wants to mod anything on a car they really as a rule need to be there to help with install.......remember it is a simple machine the automobile but it is very intimidating......

Bags are probably a hands on install kinda thing.....and we got a bunch of pros around here that got it down really well.

I wouldn't try it by myself the first install unless someone who has done one before was there.....saves me the 20 extra hours trying to figure out the steps to putting it all together......

LIke most things we get used to the quirks pretty fast......Egplant is pieced together by so many modded pieces now he is a walking swqueek and raattle every time I get in.....gotta do a walk around every time I drive it to make sure the wheels are still there or the exhaust is not ripped off.....

I really feel bags are reliable if you do a good clean install with good parts,no cheap stuff.....just leads to buying more stuff to fix it later on.....get a extra used strut or two laying around and a extra bag or two and some line and the you got a fix it kit for the garage if something breaks.....

Build it right the first time.....keep it simple......take your time....I am still hoping to bag Egplant by summers end.....not sure if I can do it but I am gonna start to pile up the parts and get it going....

Poor Cliff can tell you the adventure we had today with his new bB......in an hour we found lots of gremlins....it is a nice ride though.
Old 07-06-2011, 07:19 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i just got my new scionlife.com sticker from carcandymotorsports.com and i ordered it almost 2 months ago. its a great product but i wouldn't buy from them if you don't like waiting forever to get your stuff. they lost a customer today...
Old 07-06-2011, 03:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

yeah Brian, i'm still shaking my head at some of the ridiculous stuff we found. Thanks again for the help with the sub too! And i'm stoked to bag eggplant, we'll do a full on photo writeup as we go.
Old 07-06-2011, 03:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by FuGativ3
i just got my new scionlife.com sticker from carcandymotorsports.com and i ordered it almost 2 months ago. its a great product but i wouldn't buy from them if you don't like waiting forever to get your stuff. they lost a customer today...
thats odd because about a year ago I ordered something (don't remember exactly what lol) but it only took a week to get. I hear ya though on loosing a customer cause I'd be t.o.'d too
Old 07-06-2011, 04:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by BZinn1
I always found if a person wants to mod anything on a car they really as a rule need to be there to help with install.......remember it is a simple machine the automobile but it is very intimidating......

Bags are probably a hands on install kinda thing.....and we got a bunch of pros around here that got it down really well.

I wouldn't try it by myself the first install unless someone who has done one before was there.....saves me the 20 extra hours trying to figure out the steps to putting it all together......

LIke most things we get used to the quirks pretty fast......Egplant is pieced together by so many modded pieces now he is a walking swqueek and raattle every time I get in.....gotta do a walk around every time I drive it to make sure the wheels are still there or the exhaust is not ripped off.....

I really feel bags are reliable if you do a good clean install with good parts,no cheap stuff.....just leads to buying more stuff to fix it later on.....get a extra used strut or two laying around and a extra bag or two and some line and the you got a fix it kit for the garage if something breaks.....

Build it right the first time.....keep it simple......take your time....I am still hoping to bag Egplant by summers end.....not sure if I can do it but I am gonna start to pile up the parts and get it going....

Poor Cliff can tell you the adventure we had today with his new bB......in an hour we found lots of gremlins....it is a nice ride though.
hey my car is made of cheap stuff.....i keep wondering why all of the other cheap crap i put on my car lasts forever and the oem stuff keep going to !#$%....lol

people laugh at this until they are eating my dust...hahahaha.

but yeah brian the eggplant is a pretty sweet ride, your doing a lot of crazy shiiiat to that thing... me likey
Old 07-06-2011, 04:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by bbszero
yeah Brian, i'm still shaking my head at some of the ridiculous stuff we found. Thanks again for the help with the sub too! And i'm stoked to bag eggplant, we'll do a full on photo writeup as we go.
now thats what im talking about, sharing the wealth. keep it up cliff.
Old 07-06-2011, 04:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

i need to get back into this....lol...so many things changing so fast
Old 07-06-2011, 06:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

For anyone that went to the New Dimension, I found this video, its pretty neat

Old 07-07-2011, 12:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hahaha erik and i are in the video scoping out the 6 speed transmission seeing if it might have been able to fit the 2az-fe...lol
Old 07-07-2011, 02:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

Cheap is not always bad.....I get a lot of stuff off Ebay and have saved a lot doing so....Sparco shift ****.....$20.....Sparco ebrake handle and gaiter.....$60......Samco hose.....$30......Springs.....$120.....DLS comps.....$125....half of Ruby was bough on Ebay.....no really....

So far just to sit in Egplant and drive and hear tunes I got 16 months of saving and busting tush to make more paper.....so tired of bean and cheese burritos and Special K for dinner.....

Just this month I need to make $120 more to get the parts I need to finish off exhaust......still got $280 to save for pullies.....body kit.....dont ask....lol....that is next year maybe.....but only if I switch to just Special K for dinner....no lunch or Bfast and cut out smoking cigs and I am set....

MY total tally to date into Egplant is about $6000......work 7 days a week to do it and it took 24 months.....so about $250 a month gets put aside just for parts.....I could jsut put the rest I need on my Credit card but I honestly don't think it is a good idea with the way jobs are going....lol
Old 07-07-2011, 02:37 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member

Yeah I wouldnt do credit cards...scary...
Old 07-07-2011, 04:54 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I haven't posted anything up in this thread yet..but here's what I've done over the last few months...
Wheels (staggered 15x7/15x8 ), killer deal on sonar projectors, faux CF bB grill, & changed color of fog lights....
Also picked up a set of used kSport coils (sans rear shocks) that ended up having one strut blown & the dampening dial on the other has crap in it, can't adjust...gonna try to salvage or part out.
Old 07-07-2011, 05:50 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by alienvictim
hahaha erik and i are in the video scoping out the 6 speed transmission seeing if it might have been able to fit the 2az-fe...lol
lol pete is that you and erik at about 1:35?
Old 07-07-2011, 06:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by DAYofFIRE
I haven't posted anything up in this thread yet..but here's what I've done over the last few months...
Wheels (staggered 15x7/15x8 ), killer deal on sonar projectors, faux CF bB grill, & changed color of fog lights....
Also picked up a set of used kSport coils (sans rear shocks) that ended up having one strut blown & the dampening dial on the other has crap in it, can't adjust...gonna try to salvage or part out.
LOOKIN' GOOD!! You know I like RED Wheels
Old 07-07-2011, 03:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Looks great!! Can't wait to see them in person
Old 07-07-2011, 11:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

those wheels look sweet on 1st gens......looking good man.....
Old 07-07-2011, 11:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

Today the Stoptech rotors arrived and tomorrow the Hawk pads arrive......now to find time to install......

Looks like my midpipe is still delayed in Customs......haven't paid for it yet,but it is reserved for me once it finally gets to the retailer........cat delete,3 resonator,2" stainless.....for the Vitz in Tailand......poor retailer has been waiting for months for them to arrive.......

tonight ordering Rear swaybar and Delron shift **** in white.......and God knows what else....lol
Old 07-08-2011, 06:39 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Today the Stoptech rotors arrived and tomorrow the Hawk pads arrive......now to find time to install......

Looks like my midpipe is still delayed in Customs......haven't paid for it yet,but it is reserved for me once it finally gets to the retailer........cat delete,3 resonator,2" stainless.....for the Vitz in Tailand......poor retailer has been waiting for months for them to arrive.......

tonight ordering Rear swaybar and Delron shift **** in white.......and God knows what else....lol
lol nothing is gonna be stock when you get done with this thing!

did you get the whole stoptech brake kit or just he rotors because i know those damn things are EX-PEN-SIVE
Old 07-08-2011, 04:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

no worries man your rides looking sweet even without the coils.

Originally Posted by FuGativ3
lol pete is that you and erik at about 1:35?
yeah i think it is...we were dorking about that transmission...

hahaha dude!!! see burritos and special k will give you that sweet a$$ physique (well minus the burrito part) so you can look BA in those takatas you got from being thrifty....lol

HIGH FIVE!

Quick Reply: So who is working on anything new.........