Notices
Regional - Pacific Northwest
ID, OR, WA

So who is working on anything new.........

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2009, 06:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

didn't you just get new tires and wheels last month.........CArl......if you bought wheels two months in a row yes you are going to die.......
Old 05-09-2009, 06:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

... Just the ones last month that in itself almost got me shot. Just added another grand on head unit and halos and really want to put dual exhaust but she is fighting me on that. So maybe just the shark fin antenna I wish you were down here I would scrap the shark fin and have you help me install a headlinner. Maybe some day I'll grow a pair and try and do it myself.
Old 05-09-2009, 07:22 AM
Scikotics

Originally Posted by Mad_Sciontist001
... Just the ones last month that in itself almost got me shot. Just added another grand on head unit and halos and really want to put dual exhaust but she is fighting me on that. So maybe just the shark fin antenna I wish you were down here I would scrap the shark fin and have you help me install a headlinner. Maybe some day I'll grow a pair and try and do it myself.
If you spend any more money on that car this month, you'll have to grow another pair because you're about to lose the ones you have.
Old 05-09-2009, 07:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Trader
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by tlhfrogger
If you spend any more money on that car this month, you'll have to grow another pair because you're about to lose the ones you have.
do I need to separate you two.....

Nice HU Carl.... I like it.. sound great!!
Old 05-09-2009, 08:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hope you don't have the ridiculous restarting/rebooting problem like I have with my F90BT, it's just insanely annoying, and there appears to be no fix besides resetting the unit and deleting some temp files using a hacked SD card that will get regenerated when you reset it... ridiculous...
Old 05-09-2009, 02:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

the thing about the f90bt is that companies are countering the numerous bugs and flaws of the unit with big discounts, often seeing the unit sell from 500-699 with factory warranty. This is a very attractive pricepoint considering its lists of features.
Old 05-09-2009, 03:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Dang Terry the last two years you almost never get on SL. Your not suppose to know what I say about you . No I'm glad you are lurking around in here Now can I buy the dual exhaust.

Originally Posted by optional
Hope you don't have the ridiculous restarting/rebooting problem like I have with my F90BT, it's just insanely annoying, and there appears to be no fix besides resetting the unit and deleting some temp files using a hacked SD card that will get regenerated when you reset it... ridiculous...
Yeah I read all that and it seems like some have the problems and some don't. So far evrything is working great and boot up isn't bad at all maybe 5 sec I get my music and 20 for the nav which is quicker then my old nav unit. I start my car and by time I put my seatbealt on I have music and by time I'm out of my driveway I have nav that works for me. As long as I don't start having issues later I'm happy.

Originally Posted by itsCJ
the thing about the f90bt is that companies are countering the numerous bugs and flaws of the unit with big discounts, often seeing the unit sell from 500-699 with factory warranty. This is a very attractive pricepoint considering its lists of features.
Yep I paid $529. at Cartoys.com I couldn't find anything out there that even came close to the having the features this has for under $1200 to $1400. Also the F90bt has a 2 year warranty not a 1 year like the F900 and F700. Also has Hi-Volt Pre-Outs 4.0V much cleaner sound over 2.0V pre-outs like most units.I guess time will tell if I did the right thing. So far I'm a happy camper.
Old 05-09-2009, 04:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

Originally Posted by meatcutter525

I find it shockingly frightening that when talking about manly separation,it is a person named "meatcutter"..........I am just saying watch out Carl it is going to to come quickly and quietly for you.........
Old 05-09-2009, 07:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Dang Terry the last two years you almost never get on SL. Your not suppose to know what I say about you . No I'm glad you are lurking around in here Now can I buy the dual exhaust.

Yeah I read all that and it seems like some have the problems and some don't. So far evrything is working great and boot up isn't bad at all maybe 5 sec I get my music and 20 for the nav which is quicker then my old nav unit. I start my car and by time I put my seatbealt on I have music and by time I'm out of my driveway I have nav that works for me. As long as I don't start having issues later I'm happy.

Originally Posted by itsCJ
Yep I paid $529. at Cartoys.com I couldn't find anything out there that even came close to the having the features this has for under $1200 to $1400. Also the F90bt has a 2 year warranty not a 1 year like the F900 and F700. Also has Hi-Volt Pre-Outs 4.0V much cleaner sound over 2.0V pre-outs like most units.I guess time will tell if I did the right thing. So far I'm a happy camper.
Yeah, mine was great for quite some time then it just started to do this, every week or so I have to re-delete those files and reset the HU and re-input all of my settings or it'll just reboot when I plug the ipod in, and after so many songs the HU just restarts, no specific set of songs, it just does it, I should probably try and warranty the thing, but I've heard some bad stuff about people just getting it over and over again with the next units, and even used and refurb units.
Old 05-09-2009, 08:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

Yeah our D3 was goofy the first month we had it,then during the winter it went insane again,then one day it jsut started working and has been good since.........all navigation issues only........never a problem on the stereo or DVD side.
Old 05-09-2009, 08:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The issue with the F90 is that it's an app on top of Windows CE and not it's own proprietary software like the D3, my D3 was perfect..
Old 05-09-2009, 11:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Yeah, mine was great for quite some time then it just started to do this, every week or so I have to re-delete those files and reset the HU and re-input all of my settings or it'll just reboot when I plug the ipod in, and after so many songs the HU just restarts, no specific set of songs, it just does it, I should probably try and warranty the thing, but I've heard some bad stuff about people just getting it over and over again with the next units, and even used and refurb units.
I hope that don't happen because so far I'm loving this head unit.
Old 05-09-2009, 11:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by BZinn1
I find it shockingly frightening that when talking about manly separation,it is a person named "meatcutter"..........I am just saying watch out Carl it is going to to come quickly and quietly for you.........
Amen brother never want the Meatcutter comming after you.
Old 05-09-2009, 11:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

Well got good news Carl.......Cindy and I had planned on goingtothe Redwoods in August,well money is too tight to do all that but we are gonna come down and spend like 4 days in Medford and hang out.
Old 05-10-2009, 12:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Well got good news Carl.......Cindy and I had planned on goingtothe Redwoods in August,well money is too tight to do all that but we are gonna come down and spend like 4 days in Medford and hang out.
Sweet! We will have to plan some activities. Hmmmm I would like to install a headlinner J/K. I'm sure we can come up with something fun to do let us know the dates.
Old 05-10-2009, 12:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

Um....we can do a headliner........all it takes is beer and a flat surface and lots of glue........lol
Old 05-10-2009, 02:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Trader
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by meatcutter525

I am a meat cutter (butcher) for Safeway.... thanks a lot you guys...
Old 05-10-2009, 02:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

just got done doin up about 12 lbs of pork ribz for moms day tommorrow having a nice bbq with the fam.
i cant belive it took a 6 pack to get them ribz cooked
funny how that works..

as long as im asleep and the knife is sharp i aint skeered.lol
Old 05-10-2009, 04:50 AM
Pscifun
SL Member

^ yummmmm what a lucky mom!
Old 05-10-2009, 05:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

bought a new charcoal BBQ'er today at Lowes, sticker was $189, got it on clearance for $60, real nice, broke it in with two nice boneless ribeyes, yummmmm.

Quick Reply: So who is working on anything new.........