5 Year Member
SL Member

Update! Last week.
Old 11-17-2009, 08:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

you can count me in on this for this weekend.....
Old 11-18-2009, 12:31 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member

Btw this was in the paper tonight so you never know if you show up you might get a pic in there on Sat!!!!
Old 11-18-2009, 01:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

btw when does this thing start.....i wanna be there right before they send everything away....
Old 11-20-2009, 04:34 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

A little update for everyone. Slim from the LX forums is bringing a semi truck to move the food to the food bank in. We now have over 2300lbs! We will be loading the truck around 1:00pm and heading out to the fod bank at 2:00pm. We will be taking pictures of each crew and there donation on the scale. After the weigh in we will be heading back to the shop for the BBQ and cigar night!
Old 11-22-2009, 07:35 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Totals are up! Great job everyone.
Old 11-22-2009, 09:27 PM
United Imports
Balliztik
SL Member

To say the least.. Scion was repped really badly at this food drive...Larry and I were the only Scion people there... we looked like a joke! We brought over half of the total food donted from Scion yesterday.. I just hope we can clean up for the toy drives..
Old 11-22-2009, 10:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by GreenMonstertC
To say the least.. Scion was repped really badly at this food drive...Larry and I were the only Scion people there... we looked like a joke! We brought over half of the total food donted from Scion yesterday.. I just hope we can clean up for the toy drives..
convenient to say consider kanchi, turner, mike and myself were the only ones to show for for the initial food donation to begin with.

frankly so being the other half who donated food to begin with just to make us (as a group) not look bad. since i have to pay bills (work) i couldn't attend this particular event.

and kanchi had to be in Leavenworth

also i beleive mike was there at some point. soooooo don't make it sound like your the only person or people who try and rep for our groups.
Old 11-22-2009, 10:25 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member

I think she was saying in general, not being specific. It would be nice to see 1/2 the amount of people at an event giving back as we do at an event where we are recieving something though...
Old 11-22-2009, 11:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah, I got there before they got back from the food bank, and stayed until sometime after 5. I was the only one there representing us. Wayne was gracious as usual, and we all had a good time at the BBQ.

Everyone has things to do, but it seems that for occasions like this, it is always the same few people that show up, help out or donate.

I agree with Kanchi, it would be nice to have as many people show-up or help out & donate, As we do when scion is doing something/donating to US.
Old 11-23-2009, 06:29 AM
United Imports
Balliztik
SL Member

I admit I should have worded it differently, but I understand prior obligations as I work nights I cant make most things..
alienvictim, I wasnt trying to make it sound like we were the only ones "repping for the group" for the whole drive, sorry if it came across wrong, I apologize. It was just appalling that no one else was there..It really surprised me for the same reason kanchi mentioned above.. We had to take off from the food bank around 330 too bad we missed you redbeard...
Old 11-23-2009, 07:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i absolutely agree erik, and yes mike your totally correct.

she just needs to realize that there are other who have helped in the course of this event.

with that aside, i do wish that there had been more people to show for this. i mean doesn't green monster tc live's in port Townsend or some place way out there?

and i respect her and larry, and mike for showing up.

anyone could have donated at anytime the bin was in the store? so what the hell people???

but what does it take to get some people moving? the promise of trophies?
the need to gloat or show off their new turbo kits? and stupid paint jobs? but cant seem to show up to donate for a community you like to be in, but are more than happy to show up and act like a bunch of superior overzealous douche-bags.

but i guess for some its ok to look on when people are sick, hungry, and in need?

and as much as i dislike custom shops in general, i admire the fact vtr put on this effort to begin with.

so sincerely thanks VTR
!

sorry its just having been one of the homeless people who needed food badly even if it was lima beans and ketchup i was still glad to get it. when i was 5 i counted myself lucky when i could go to a shelter with my dad and eat good food (which meant not from a dumpster, or not rotten in general).

and even though i struggle daily to survive and just pay my bills i still try to give or just help those who are in need.

so if you read this, and you feel like this applies to you negatively. what is your excuse???

and to the rest of you thinking about donating...its never too late.
Old 11-23-2009, 01:23 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member

watching the news and talking to Wayne about this they were taling about how one of the food banks got robbed...yeas I said robbed, and how they are critically low on food in general. Remember just as the bad economy has hurt you it has hurt charities even worse. You think you got it bad remember for how much tighter your budget might have gotten think of the people that help out others with the money you used to donate...
Old 11-23-2009, 01:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I admit I should have worded it differently, but I understand prior obligations as I work nights I cant make most things..
We had to take off from the food bank around 330 too bad we missed you redbeard...
yeah, and I was NOT reffering to you guys in my comments. Kudos to you and Larry for doing your part. And I'm sorry I missed you guys too.
Old 11-23-2009, 01:27 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member

That does rule that you drove up from that far as well, hope you guys had fun.
Old 11-23-2009, 07:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

alienvictim, I wasnt trying to make it sound like we were the only ones "repping for the group" for the whole drive, sorry if it came across wrong, I apologize. It was just appalling that no one else was there..It really surprised me for the same reason kanchi mentioned above.. We had to take off from the food bank around 330 too bad we missed you redbeard...
i think this time of year and the fact it has to do with charity really hits a very sore spot with me. i hate the holiday because i have nothing but bad memories from them.

and well watching people who are in a position i used to be in and feeling helpless to do anything, whats worse is i do all i can which isn't much and it sucks.

so sorry about taking it wrong, and like i said in my previous post monster i aprecciate the distance and the effort in which you guys went to be part of this event.

so all in all thank you
Old 11-24-2009, 01:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

Well I totally wish I could of helped but I had nothing much to give,my own cupboards are bare......my wifes cupboards are bare and my bank account is bare.......

As being a person who grew up poor and having to use the food banks I usually donate to them year round and to Toys for Tots but this year I have very little to give back........

I really think that those that gave did a wonderful job and those that did not that is ok too........no need to bomb those that did not.......maybe many others just are gettign by like I am........

I aved for 3 months to get my last part for the car and that is my wifes early Xmas gift........other than that I have no Xmas even for my family.........just life......and sometimes it sucks.
Old 11-24-2009, 01:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by BZinn1
Well I totally wish I could of helped but I had nothing much to give,my own cupboards are bare......my wifes cupboards are bare and my bank account is bare.......

As being a person who grew up poor and having to use the food banks I usually donate to them year round and to Toys for Tots but this year I have very little to give back........

I really think that those that gave did a wonderful job and those that did not that is ok too........no need to bomb those that did not.......maybe many others just are gettign by like I am........

I aved for 3 months to get my last part for the car and that is my wifes early Xmas gift........other than that I have no Xmas even for my family.........just life......and sometimes it sucks.
brian we were referring to people who CAN afford to but choose not too.

i never poked fun at you or called you out... so don't know what to tell you.

and fact is im pretty poor as well but !@#$ happens.

Last edited by alienvictim; 11-24-2009 at 01:51 AM.
Old 11-24-2009, 02:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

I know no one was pointing fingers but if you read how it all reads it is feeling like the pressure is on to give more to everyone or a shame on them feel to it.........it is ok to come in last......it is ok not to give......it is ok to just feel glad that some were able to give and that be enough.......

We as a group came in last and by a long margin.......but that is ok because there will be families out there that will receive that food and be able to feed their children and families......that in itsself is a great thing.....it is sad that more was not donated and more families could of been helped.

As for the food bank that was robbed.......I have to say I for one am very suspicious,someone would of had to roll up in a Uhaul truck in the middle of the night and loaded up thousands of lbs of food......every year we hear of a food bank being robbed and then the public donates record amounts of food to them......after seeing it year after year it makes you wonder........

I am just tired and stressed out and griping.......sorry......not my usual self this week......personal reasons.

Quick Reply: VTR Food drive challenge