ID, OR, WA

WA State Patrol = LAME

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2007, 09:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default WA State Patrol = LAME

Are they trying to crack down on street racing or something? Yeah, I got a $200 ticket for no front plate and he (Trooper) told me all the things on my vehicle that were in violation: license plate cover, tint film on tail lights and side marker lights, and he was measuring my tire gap.

I dunno, I'm from Los Angeles and down there you NEVER get harassed unless you're driving like an idiot/racer or look like a gang banger, I do neither. The cops around Port Angeles are cool, had one pull up next to me and compliment the car, also had one give me a warning and said "Hey nice car!" Whatever, they are all Fix-It-Tickets pffft!
Old 07-22-2007, 10:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

dont mean to threadjack but maybe you could pm me a pic of the jada tc in blitz blue and the price for it, thanks!
Old 07-22-2007, 10:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

Lame? Come on now - you knew you were breaking the law with some of these mods and you decided to take the risk. Don't knock the cops because they are doing their job.

However, I will say that your particular trooper was either having a really slow day, or was getting pressured to write more tickets. Or he was having a bad day.
Old 07-22-2007, 10:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm not knocking them my fiance was a cop for 8 years and was surprised, I grew up around law enforcement my whole life and have told many cops about this incident and they all say man that guy was a d*ck! There are certain situations where you give a person a ticket for no front plate, but if they are polite and not causing problems then you send them on their way.
Old 07-22-2007, 10:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Song0330
Lame? Come on now - you knew you were breaking the law with some of these mods and you decided to take the risk. Don't knock the cops because they are doing their job.

However, I will say that your particular trooper was either having a really slow day, or was getting pressured to write more tickets. Or he was having a bad day.
Lame is the correct term, I didn't say he (Trooper) was wrong, but there was no reason to be a jerk, he just didn't like my car and that's the L-A-M-E way to do your job (police work).

I never had problems with no front plate while driving around my previous car a Mustang, also I never drove the speed limit in that car and never had any problems for 2 years. Now since I have lowered the tC and put wheels on, I get paced ALOT and have to use the cruise control to make sure I'm not going 3 mph over, which is what my fiance got pulled over for the last time he was driving the tC.
Old 07-22-2007, 10:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

maxim, pm'ed you!
Old 07-22-2007, 10:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

maybe he hasn't got any lately

but yeah I'm sorry to hear that! I wonder if there's a way to get it lowered at least?
Old 07-22-2007, 10:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^nah, he was just one of those little guys that want to try and start poop, just wet around the gills is all. Couple of punches in the teeth will wipe that smirk of his face real quick, lol.

I have court on the 18th, the front plate is back on and I'll show the judge current and past pics. I took it off for the Backstage show and "forgot" to put it back on, lol. So I'll show him the NUMEROUS pics (with time & date stamped) prior to the show which all have the front plate. Hopefully I'll only have to pay a small fine. We'll see...
Old 07-23-2007, 12:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scion Driven Girls
SL Member

Ouch, I'll keep that in mind next time I head north to Seattle. I've never been hassled and I have a lot of mods. [knocks on wood]
Old 07-23-2007, 02:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

used to get hassled w/ my old car all the time.. but since the tC not much.. i did take my front plates off for a week and then i got pulled over for that.. >_< so it's staying on from now on
Old 07-23-2007, 03:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Heh - I got stopped for no front plates on my $75 Chevy, and there's no way anyone was going to mistake that [expletive] heap for a racer. Didn't get ticketed, though, just a nice talking-to.
Old 07-23-2007, 03:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i'm a member on many car forums and people in socal complain about cops giving them tickets like that all the time.

and ive been pulled over for having a license plate cover before too.

its near the end of the month so the po-po will be out in full force
Old 07-23-2007, 06:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I can say for sure cynce you have alot of mod's if you can take 4 or 5 trophies in one night... and the cop's never bother you ..lol .just wanted to send some love to you and say we miss you down here in cali.I grew up in everett wa and still have family up there hope to see you guys in a car show one day. Im planning on making the trip with my xb soon.
Old 07-23-2007, 06:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

maybe a little inappropriate but I was wondering have any of the ladies ever been hinted by a male cop that he would let them off if they gave him some?? I know its happened, I just wanted to know if anyone on here had experienced it.

sorry to threadjack, maybe ill start a new thread specifically about this
Old 07-23-2007, 06:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

<<makes note to pull plate off the stock bumper and put it at least in my front wind shield.
Old 07-23-2007, 11:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Chicken442
I can say for sure cynce you have alot of mod's if you can take 4 or 5 trophies in one night... and the cop's never bother you ..lol .just wanted to send some love to you and say we miss you down here in cali.I grew up in everett wa and still have family up there hope to see you guys in a car show one day. Im planning on making the trip with my xb soon.
are you talking to me?

But yeah, I sure do miss CA. I'm from Torrance and am definitely missing the sunshine. But I love the clean air and no crowds up here in WA. I might also make the trip down to SoCal soon, maybe for a show...
Old 07-23-2007, 04:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I think he was talking to Cynce, her car is insane and she just moved up to the PNW from LA about two weeks back? three maybe?
Old 07-23-2007, 04:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sorry to hear that. I got the same ticket for no front plate before, but I had it inside my xA 2 sided taped on the center gauge, he pulled me over. I did the "Oh I dont have insurance mr Officer trick" too bad so sad he said I need to write you a ticket put that plate back up front I'll just write you a ticket for no insurance Alot more expensive he is thinking. Next day I went to the county court and showed my insurance card they cancelled my ticket for no insurance. It worked twice now I don't know I might get jailed next time If I have the same alibi. Dang gotta think of something else. Oh BTW just FYI don't drive round WA during the end of the month or during pay days that's when they are out to meet their qouta...
Old 07-23-2007, 10:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

A lot of it is luck. When my brother would drive my Honda up here he would get paced and pulled over all the time they would usually let him go and a few times he was ticketed, but not me I rarely get pulled over, and when I do it is for something stupid like loud music and one time for going 50 in a 45 lol knock on wood no tickets yet! When I did get pulled over the cop tried to tell me my tint was too dark, but he didn’t have a tint meter. I had Cali plates still and my license was also from Cali so I was like it is legal in Cali and I was like the loud music rule is 100ft in Cali what is it up here? it is 50ft up here apparently. (and last I heard they suspended the tint law in WA because it was written so poorly they could not enforce it. People could not tell if it said you can allow 35% of light to pass into the car (this would mean darker tint) or if you can only block up to 35% of the light from entering (this would mean lighter tint) .)

As for the front plate my understanding is, it only has to be visible from the front so if it is propped in the front windshield and it is visible you should be good. Is this not correct?

You may have just gotten pulled over by a new cop who is doing his job by the book. Good luck and hopefully you can go to court and get the fine dropped or dismissed.
Old 07-23-2007, 11:02 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member

Saw a guy in a mustang zip tie his front plate to the passenger front window visor (in the car obviously) and had it flipped down so it faced forward. I asked him about it and said he had not had any problems from the local authorities...as of yet. He had had it like that he said for about a year and 1/2.

Quick Reply: WA State Patrol = LAME