Regional - Pacific Northwest
ID, OR, WA

This is waht i have been up to....*Pictures*

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2008, 02:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Doing good work as always. Post up after you're done with Tim's car or tell him to post the end results.
Old 06-05-2008, 04:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

there is tims holes on the front bumper all filled up and primered!

Old 06-05-2008, 06:59 PM
SL Member

LoL - I'll post up for sure... I still am desiring the hood/bar/wing/mirrors in the future, but am getting there on all the other "Little" things I'd like to do.
Old 06-05-2008, 09:44 PM
SL Member

Here's one of my projects in mid-stage

Custom 4 Gauges in Radio Door... looks nifty. and the radio still is behind them.

Old 06-17-2008, 04:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

alright got everything measured out and cut and the drivers side seat bracket welded up, tomorrow night i should have them both finished and in the car, here are pictures of the drivers bracket so far, not bad for my first welds ever....lol

those two things sticking off are just spacers so my seat sits level in the car. i need to get some 1/4 or 1/8 inch flat bar so i can weld the mounting points on.
Old 06-17-2008, 02:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

Thanks for keepin us updated man. This is awsome.
Old 06-19-2008, 06:04 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

nick... i have to say this. be very careful making your own seat brackets. keep in mind that those keep the seat (which you are strapped into) in place both under normal driving (25-70 mph) and during competition (50 -150+ mph). make sure that they are of very capable construction. and make sure you use very strong grade bolts when you install them. also it might be a good idea to re-enforce the mounting points if you are using ones that are other than stock.
Old 06-19-2008, 06:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

nice! thanks for shwoing the build process! I've always liked these hatches.
Old 06-19-2008, 07:29 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by DownhillSpec
nick... i have to say this. be very careful making your own seat brackets. keep in mind that those keep the seat (which you are strapped into) in place both under normal driving (25-70 mph) and during competition (50 -150+ mph). make sure that they are of very capable construction. and make sure you use very strong grade bolts when you install them. also it might be a good idea to re-enforce the mounting points if you are using ones that are other than stock.
^Very true, hate to get in an accident and they find you in the windshield still in your seat w/ belts on as well...
Old 06-19-2008, 07:29 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member

^Very true, hate to get in an accident and they find you in the windshield still in your seat w/ belts on as well...
Old 06-19-2008, 07:40 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

lookin good man watching
Old 06-20-2008, 04:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thank you for the input and yes i am taking all the precautions i can think of. i looked up ones that i could buy on line, and yeah most are made of 1/8inch flat bar....yeah that didnt look to safe to me. i decided to make them out of 1/8inch square bar. and im using the stock seat bolts so im thinking those are good enough. this is what they look like now. oh i also re-enforced where they mount. the bars were just tack welded into the car so i used angle iron and welded one side to the floor and one to the mounting point.

the smaller piece on there is just a spacer so it sits on the floor instead of being elavated. keeps stress off my brackets. but thats what they look like.

got my drivers side mounted and the passengers side is about ready, just need to pick up a few more nuts from the store cuz they didnt have enough the first time.
Old 06-21-2008, 02:22 AM
SL Member

A SEAT! WOO!!!
Old 06-21-2008, 05:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Now you can sit down and enjoy the fruits of your labor... IN the fruits of your labor!
Old 06-21-2008, 05:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
1UP Crew
SL Member

watching...
Old 06-21-2008, 06:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

\yesterday i got the passengers side all stripped down the the bare metalness...eeek my car is half naked!!!

then i got my first whipe of bondo on the few little dings and dets.

and then my first block done pretty straight, probably just a skin coat of icing and im ready for primer on this side.!

Old 06-21-2008, 06:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by honey0bucket
Originally Posted by Runawayrogue
Now you can sit down and enjoy the fruits of your labor... IN the fruits of your labor!
well i could...but its not in there now, pulled it out to keep it clean! getting the other one finished today then painting the brackets and putting them in starlas car for her photoshoot....aaaaaa the things we do for the lady friends...btw this is starlas car...

side note on the hatch...yesterday i got the passengers side all stripped down the the bare metalness...eeek my car is half naked!!!

and then my first block done pretty straight, probably just a skin coat of icing and im ready for primer on this side.!

Whoa is that your girlfriend's car? They're constantly praising it on honda-tech. It's uber clean though, that's for sure. And from what i can tell your hatch is gonna be quick with the setup under your hood. Props~!
Old 06-21-2008, 06:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Looking good Nick!
Old 06-24-2008, 01:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by nickahhh
Originally Posted by honey0bucket
Originally Posted by Runawayrogue
well i could...but its not in there now, pulled it out to keep it clean! getting the other one finished today then painting the brackets and putting them in starlas car for her photoshoot....aaaaaa the things we do for the lady friends...btw this is starlas car...

side note on the hatch...yesterday i got the passengers side all stripped down the the bare metalness...eeek my car is half naked!!!

Whoa is that your girlfriend's car? They're constantly praising it on honda-tech. It's uber clean though, that's for sure. And from what i can tell your hatch is gonna be quick with the setup under your hood. Props~!
yes sir that is my GF's car and yeah the guys on Honda-Tech LOVE her car, lol they love her too actually. but yeah her car is pretty amazing. she has had it for five years and has done a very very nice job on it, i think i have a few more pictures of it here...

yeah thats her car, here is a quick run down on it.

Mugen front lip
Mugen front strut tower bar
Mugen steering wheel
Mugen wing
Mugen sway bar
Mugen Valve cover
Mugen shift ****
Mugen gauge cluster
Mugen license plate bolts
Mugen header
Mugen exhaust
Mugen pedals
Spoon CF mirrors
ARC magic winglets
JDM fogs
CTR headlights
ITR seats
5-lug conversion
CTR cams
Benin fuel rail
ARC sub frame
Blox lower control arms
NRG short hub
NRG quick release

im sure im missing a bunch of things but yeah, i dotn know EVERYTHING on her car off the top of my head lol
Old 06-24-2008, 01:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

so i marked where all the dents/outie dents were before i started stripping...picture speaks for its self....

sooooo remember my rant last page about ____ty body work and blah blah blah...check out what i found on the drivers side...

look how effing deep it is...

and what was under the mess of bondo...

and yeah i got the rest of the side stripped...time to start straightening and bondo work...yay....

im a little annoyed right now so forgive the lack of explanation and care in this post!

Quick Reply: This is waht i have been up to....*Pictures*