Notices
Regional - Pacific South CA, NV

Considering Buying - 08 XB - Help me :)

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2007, 11:40 PM

Default Considering Buying - 08 XB - Help me :)

I currently drive a GTI 1.8t I have put a lot of time and love and mods into it

Hello to all you current Scion XB owners out there
I test drove the 08 XB last night and here are my pros/cons. I am hoping that you current owners out there could shed new light on having the XB.

What is with the single light on the back of the car ? Why arent there two or none at all ?

Do you think they will ever change the interior lights from orange to another color ?

Has anyone had any gremlins or things randomly breaking on the new 08s ?

How fast can they go - for highway useage will it have some get up and gooooo ?
Old 10-26-2007, 03:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: Considering Buying - 08 XB - Help me :)

Originally Posted by TheDutchess

I currently drive a GTI 1.8t I have put a lot of time and love and mods into it

Hello to all you current Scion XB owners out there
I test drove the 08 XB last night and here are my pros/cons. I am hoping that you current owners out there could shed new light on having the XB.

What is with the single light on the back of the car ? Why arent there two or none at all ?

Do you think they will ever change the interior lights from orange to another color ?

Has anyone had any gremlins or things randomly breaking on the new 08s ?

How fast can they go - for highway useage will it have some get up and gooooo ?
I'm sure someone with an 08 will post up after everyone gets back from Knotts scary farm event that Scion hosted tonight.

As for the single light in the rear i believe it is something they worked in from the japenese model.Scion has always tryed to be differnt,,,,,and thats why most of us love then.It is the reverse light BTW......

As for the interior lights there are lots of mods and kits out,,,,,,you can light your car about any color you can think of. You jus have to have someone put an LED kit in for you.Cheap mod.

As for gremlins i havent heard any on the new box.I'm sure someone will post if there is. i have an 06 box and have only had problems with a cracked windshield i have 32'000 mile on it in 18 months and have had no problems. besides the warranty covers almost anything.

As for doe is it go......I took an 08 on and autocross tarck and it goes like snot. i had all the alarms beeping and the thing still stuck to the road. My buddy has one says its really got ball$!

Now what they don't tell you is that Scions come with all kinds of corporate support threw this site and all kinds of really cool events. I cannot name another company that doe so much for its owners.
last wekend some of us were hosted by Scion at pomona for drag racing and extreme autofest.They treated us all like kings,fed us....we got to meet all the professional drivers and got professional instruction on how to race, Then they let us race in the middle of aNational racing event against each other just like the pros.....announcing our names over the P.A system just like we were in our own series.
It was of the hook!
Then there was Scion Super highwy, Knotts scary farm tonight along all kinds of dealer shows all summer long.

So besides getting a great vehicle thats reliable and economical........you probably inherit a couple thousand really cool friends like the rest of us.

Good luck with your new purchase.

Chef
Old 10-26-2007, 03:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hey Dutchess, heres a link to last weekends event at pomona. Our good friend Johnny from scinergy took all the pics. This link will take you to his lnks and pics.....Mind you Scion hosted 2 days of this and it didn't cost any of us anything.....
https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=197873

cyas

Chef

P.S im in the TRC pic.......
Old 10-26-2007, 08:55 PM
SL Member

You should definitely go with an xB2! I walked on the Toyota Dealership not even thinking of the xB2, or Scion for that matter. But I ended up walking away with one! Yeah that one light thing in the back is awkward but you dont really need 2 i guess And the engine is strong! Bigger engine, I think the same as the 4cyl camry's right now.
Old 10-26-2007, 09:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Its got the tC motor i believe. 160 hp. I got smoked at the track by my buddy Art in his new xB.

cyas