Regional - Pacific South CA, NV

Disappointed in the Scion Community...

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2009, 03:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Revoluscion
SL Member

Sorry to hear bud. Maybe it was someone who is hating on you. Plus, I notice there was other cars parked next to the taco trunk and they wern't scions....
Old 04-10-2009, 03:42 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
Team ScioNRG

Yeah it does suck...and it makes it worse that it happened at a show...it was actually keyed for certain? no way that it could have been accidental? if so...wow! You're right...it only takes a couple bad eggs to stink up the otherwise good atmosphere of an event like that.
Old 04-10-2009, 04:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by dbgchef
Originally Posted by kiss_kiss_kill
That sucks, Matty. I know exactly how you feel. Someone stole my S2K antenna at Nationals 2 years ago & I was ____ED. But your damage is a lot worse than $30. & the monetary value I suppose shouldn't even matter, its the principle. I'm tired of the Scion scene & I hear people I thought I was close with talked trash behind my back. I'm pretty positive I won't be attending anymore local shows. The Scion scene has slowly been deteriorating over the last 18 months which is why I've been doing fewer & fewer shows.
Sorry I gotta disagree here........this isnt the scion scene thats done this, it's some imature adolescent that doesnt have a clue what it takes to build a beautiful ride like both of you have. If they did they would know better.....

The Scion Scene is still alive and well......maybe fractured by this, but we are strong in numbers....Keep your eyes open folks!
I'm sorry to say this but in my honest opinion, 80% of the Scion scene are "imature adolescents" regardless of age. It's not just this situation specifically. I rarely go to shows anymore, why? Because a lot of people are back stabbers; the majority of em in this SoCal Scion scene. & I'm so sick & tired of the whole "club" aspect of things, people rely on each other far too much when it comes to clubs. & hate to say it, but I hate that when someone quits a club, they're friggin shunned by everyone that was in it. This has happened to multiple people, & not just me specifically. But seriously, people who you thought were your friends automatically think you're the devil, for what? not having a sticker on your car? It's ridiculous, get real. this happened at one particular event, I got dirty looks for hanging out with a member who quit a club. GOD FORBID, I'M ACTUALLY LOYAL TO A FRIEND. & Look at me, I know I'm going to sound cocky in saying this but yeah, I'll be surprised if I don't place at a Scion event, & multiple times I've purposely not been placed because people are friggin haters & try to get under your skin. When it comes to winning trophies, it's about the car, personal differences need to be put aside. At this point, I don't care to attend local shows because it's too much of a personal popularity contest, & if one person in a club doesn't like you, you're screwed. & as far as loyalty & friendships from clubs...I took my car to A&A Autoworks...Frank Klepadlo was in ScionTific & was a team mate, he told me to take the car to his shop & would "take care of me", look where that got me (read my sig). Then I quit AlphaSquad, & crap hit the fan there, members won't even look in my direction, & I got in a verbal argument with a member at Longo who I heard from MULTIPLE people whom I truly trust that they were talking crap behind my back. So many people are cowards, & I know so many people don't like me cuz they're haters, & I talk trash & say it like it is. Sorry I'm not a coward. If I have an issue, I take it up with you, period. People whom I don't even know will get involved for no apparent reasons. One member of Scikotics got involved in my argument with the AlphaSquad member, don't even know the Scikotics member & he got in my face & said "you suck d*ck for your trophies" "BEND OVER & I'LL SHOW YOU MINE"...seriously? I MEAN REALLY? This didn't even involve the guy, I've seen him at one event, & I don't even know his friggin name, & you're going to say that to me? Where's the respect? United by individuality, huh? Where's the friendship in the scene? In my eyes, nowhere to be found. I used to be more about the friends with shows, thats why I attended Longo WITHOUT THE TC, & that's why I attended the ScionTific meet WITHOUT THE TC, that's why I went to the ScionTific SHOW AGAIN, WITHOUT THE TC. But seeing things like this, it's pushed me over the edge cuz it's no longer about the people, & friendships, & that's my opinion. I say it, cuz I mean it. I'm about the car now, not about the friends & I'll say this, it's coming back WAY BIGGER AND BETTER THAN BEFORE. But I'll also say this, you won't catch me at a local show anytime soon. & with that being said, if you have a problem with me, COME TO ME, I'm open to people's opinions, & though I've earned my nickname "the 5 feet of fury", I promise I won't bite. PM me & I'll give you my number, & take it up with me. I don't wanna hear anymore of these "so and so said this about you", cuz then I'll handle it personally. Don't be a coward.

Matty, sorry I used your post as a venting mechanism.

I bid the local scene farewell, I'm sure the majority of will you be happy. It's a shame I didn't get to formally introduce myself/meet everyone. & good luck, hopefully there'll be big changes in attitude & actions soon.
Old 04-10-2009, 04:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
1UP Crew
SL Member

JEALOUSY
Old 04-10-2009, 05:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

damn that sucks...i would kill for my car ...it sucks to put so much effort and money into a car and then have a retard key it.
Old 04-10-2009, 05:58 AM
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

That sucks, Matty. I know exactly how you feel. Someone stole my S2K antenna at Nationals 2 years ago & I was ____ED. But your damage is a lot worse than $30. & the monetary value I suppose shouldn't even matter, its the principle. I'm tired of the Scion scene & I hear people I thought I was close with talked trash behind my back. I'm pretty positive I won't be attending anymore local shows. The Scion scene has slowly been deteriorating over the last 18 months which is why I've been doing fewer & fewer shows.
Sorry I gotta disagree here........this isnt the scion scene thats done this, it's some imature adolescent that doesnt have a clue what it takes to build a beautiful ride like both of you have. If they did they would know better.....

The Scion Scene is still alive and well......maybe fractured by this, but we are strong in numbers....Keep your eyes open folks!
I'm sorry to say this but in my honest opinion, 80% of the Scion scene are "imature adolescents" regardless of age. It's not just this situation specifically. I rarely go to shows anymore, why? Because a lot of people are back stabbers; the majority of em in this SoCal Scion scene. & I'm so sick & tired of the whole "club" aspect of things, people rely on each other far too much when it comes to clubs. & hate to say it, but I hate that when someone quits a club, they're friggin shunned by everyone that was in it. This has happened to multiple people, & not just me specifically. But seriously, people who you thought were your friends automatically think you're the devil, for what? not having a sticker on your car? It's ridiculous, get real. this happened at one particular event, I got dirty looks for hanging out with a member who quit a club. GOD FORBID, I'M ACTUALLY LOYAL TO A FRIEND. & Look at me, I know I'm going to sound cocky in saying this but yeah, I'll be surprised if I don't place at a Scion event, & multiple times I've purposely not been placed because people are friggin haters & try to get under your skin. When it comes to winning trophies, it's about the car, personal differences need to be put aside. At this point, I don't care to attend local shows because it's too much of a personal popularity contest, & if one person in a club doesn't like you, you're screwed. & as far as loyalty & friendships from clubs...I took my car to A&A Autoworks...Frank Klepadlo was in ScionTific & was a team mate, he told me to take the car to his shop & would "take care of me", look where that got me (read my sig). Then I quit AlphaSquad, & crap hit the fan there, members won't even look in my direction, & I got in a verbal argument with a member at Longo who I heard from MULTIPLE people whom I truly trust that they were talking crap behind my back. So many people are cowards, & I know so many people don't like me cuz they're haters, & I talk trash & say it like it is. Sorry I'm not a coward. If I have an issue, I take it up with you, period. People whom I don't even know will get involved for no apparent reasons. One member of Scikotics got involved in my argument with the AlphaSquad member, don't even know the Scikotics member & he got in my face & said "you suck d*ck for your trophies" "BEND OVER & I'LL SHOW YOU MINE"...seriously? I MEAN REALLY? This didn't even involve the guy, I've seen him at one event, & I don't even know his friggin name, & you're going to say that to me? Where's the respect? United by individuality, huh? Where's the friendship in the scene? In my eyes, nowhere to be found. I used to be more about the friends with shows, thats why I attended Longo WITHOUT THE TC, & that's why I attended the ScionTific meet WITHOUT THE TC, that's why I went to the ScionTific SHOW AGAIN, WITHOUT THE TC. But seeing things like this, it's pushed me over the edge cuz it's no longer about the people, & friendships, & that's my opinion. I say it, cuz I mean it. I'm about the car now, not about the friends & I'll say this, it's coming back WAY BIGGER AND BETTER THAN BEFORE. But I'll also say this, you won't catch me at a local show anytime soon. & with that being said, if you have a problem with me, COME TO ME, I'm open to people's opinions, & though I've earned my nickname "the 5 feet of fury", I promise I won't bite. PM me & I'll give you my number, & take it up with me. I don't wanna hear anymore of these "so and so said this about you", cuz then I'll handle it personally. Don't be a coward.

Matty, sorry I used your post as a venting mechanism.

I bid the local scene farewell, I'm sure the majority of will you be happy. It's a shame I didn't get to formally introduce myself/meet everyone. & good luck, hopefully there'll be big changes in attitude & actions soon.
Tina.... No disrespect but i gotta disagree with ya also. Sure, theres alot of haters in the community and backstabbing happens, but you cant let that keep you from having fun at some of the shows. Balliztik is trying to bring the fun/unity back into the scene as it was in 2005 to 2007 or so.. I do agree about the political aspect of not winning trophies at shows because of unpopularity but trophies dont get remembered, friendships do. I know weve only talked maybe once or twice but ive got mad respect for someone who doesnt give a f**k and tells it like it is, and i seriously think more people should be like you... The club thing will always be like you described, even we have kinda shyed away from ex members for really no reason. Now that you have brought it to my attention, im going to re-evaluate why we shun those people and make amends.. Sucks to see you leave if you go, but if you decide to stick around maybe things will get back to how they have been. There really is still alot of good people left in the scene
Old 04-10-2009, 06:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fresh Crew
SL Member

man im sorry to hear this, thats just pathetic
Old 04-10-2009, 06:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Kartel
Tina.... No disrespect but i gotta disagree with ya also. Sure, theres alot of haters in the community and backstabbing happens, but you cant let that keep you from having fun at some of the shows. Balliztik is trying to bring the fun/unity back into the scene as it was in 2005 to 2007 or so.. I do agree about the political aspect of not winning trophies at shows because of unpopularity but trophies dont get remembered, friendships do. I know weve only talked maybe once or twice but ive got mad respect for someone who doesnt give a f**k and tells it like it is, and i seriously think more people should be like you... The club thing will always be like you described, even we have kinda shyed away from ex members for really no reason. Now that you have brought it to my attention, im going to re-evaluate why we shun those people and make amends.. Sucks to see you leave if you go, but if you decide to stick around maybe things will get back to how they have been. There really is still alot of good people left in the scene
That's exactly what I DON'T want.

This really is farewell, & nothing will change my mind on that. I've had to go to the extent of filing lawsuits against people for harassment & threats (who thankfully aren't even in the scene anymore), to wasting $5000 on the work that was done to my car from someone in the scene who was supposed to be "taking care of me", to hearing people who I thought were my friends stab in the back, & talk trash about me, to people I don't even know telling me I give sexual favors for trophies. I can't think of one reason to stay in a community who treats me like this. I don't want a pity party or for people to feel sorry for me because I know I'm strong & can hold my ground. That's why I verbally fought back a guy who weighs 350+ pounds. I'm not respected, & I don't see this changing anytime soon. If I leave, I'll see who my true friends are, but as of right now, they're very few in this scene.
Old 04-10-2009, 06:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Kreationz
SL Member

Welcome to the club buddy...that is the "keyed "club. It also happened to me at a show but ***** it bro. Haters will always be around, so just do work son, and let them hate.

And for Tina...real friends stick till the end. Not to bash on other clubs but most of these clubs are full of themselves and can't see past their prejudice. ***** them too!
Old 04-10-2009, 06:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fresh Crew
SL Member

^ agreed, clubs come and go but friends do stick around. Dont go under a club name, just roll together, and youll be fine

black and blue baby
Old 04-10-2009, 06:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i'm really sorry to hear what happened to your car matty. i'm glad that you're not letting this get too much to you.

always remember this. "HATERS MADE YOU FAMOUS"

stay up and those ppl will get theirs
Old 04-10-2009, 07:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sorry to hear this Matt. I feel so bad for you I think I'll help you set up tomorrow at FD. haha Good job on keeping a level head through all this.

Kartel, as Matt said, much respects to you. Your thoughts on here are always filled with wisdom. On a side note, good pick up with JDM into your club. A few of us are waiting to see what kind of tat he will get and if he will be smoking lights or Reds. haha

Originally Posted by scion_tuner
Not to bash on other clubs but most of these clubs are full of themselves and can't see past their prejudice. ***** them too!
I agree partially with you on this. It's not the clubs as a whole but individuals within the clubs that are full of themselves. It's unfortunate that the whole club does get labeled the same as those individuals.
Old 04-10-2009, 07:52 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

So Sorry!! matty, trust me they will pay one way or onother karma is bi_ ch!!
Old 04-10-2009, 08:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

damn, sorry to hear that matt.
Old 04-10-2009, 08:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

dude, I can't believe someone would touch your car, let alone key it. That is a new low, especially to do it to someone who is so involved in the Scion Community. Matty, you've got my full sympathy, and I know you aren't looking for it, but man what happened to your car seriously blows. People need to learn that respect and dignity are what make you respected in the car community. Karma's a biatch, whoever did this will get their own. I know this won't set you back, its just a shame to see it happen to such a great car and an even greater owner
Old 04-10-2009, 08:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Trader
Scikotics
SL Member

WHAT B.A.S.T.A.R.D.S.!!!!! that's not cool...
Old 04-10-2009, 08:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by shupes31
must've been a honda owner
jk
hey hey hey I own a Honda...

Like I told you the other night Matty, people are stupid and do stupid things for what???

Hopefully you can get everything taken care of and it will be just as good as new.
Old 04-10-2009, 09:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Trader
Scikotics
SL Member

I'm sorry to say this but in my honest opinion, 80% of the Scion scene are "imature adolescents" regardless of age. It's not just this situation specifically. I rarely go to shows anymore, why? Because a lot of people are back stabbers; the majority of em in this SoCal Scion scene. & I'm so sick & tired of the whole "club" aspect of things, people rely on each other far too much when it comes to clubs. & hate to say it, but I hate that when someone quits a club, they're friggin shunned by everyone that was in it.............
I agree.. there is a lot of "backstabbing". I'm glad I live in Oregon. our club is close, and there's none of that bickering/backstabbing. Don't write off the scion community just because of a few bad apples..
Old 04-10-2009, 03:58 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Either way it was some idiot that did it. It could of happened at any show. either HIN, TORC, or any show. It still sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-10-2009, 04:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I wrote like a book for this but then decided it was not gonna change anything. Allot of "Cowards" out there and few "Real" Show level cars worth a dam.

Your xB is at a level hard to not want to put in a museum move on, be the success you are and live well despite that ignorant fool that did this. Success is the best revenge.

Quick Reply: Disappointed in the Scion Community...