Notices
Regional - Pacific South CA, NV

Entry level job opening @ Longo Lexus Service (Data Entry)

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2008, 09:28 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Entry level job opening @ Longo Lexus Service (Data Entry)

Anyone interested in a data entry position?

The position is called "Flagger" (called "Booker" in some dealerships). You basically input the technician number and the hours along with a brief description of the work performed... Aside from that, you may be given misc projects to work on (mainly if you're skilled in Word/Excel/Power Point/etc). The side projects get you noticed by management and you can move up in the company fairly quickly.

It's an easy job in a fun work environment. Your immediate coworkers are all in their early to mid 20s. Most of the others you work with are in their 30s/40s. Everyone is friendly and you'll meet quite a few people with very... distincy... personalities.

Schedule:
Monday - Friday 8am-5pm
Saturday isn't on the schedule at the moment (other workers are students, so they want to work Saturdays to get the most hours possible). You may have to cover a Saturday occassionally to cover a vacation or other random event.

Pay:
Entry level... so yea...

Please post any questions you have below. Please send resume to my e-mail address (listed below).

Thank you
Old 09-06-2008, 10:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Damn i wish i could take this job......
Old 09-07-2008, 08:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

damn only if i didnt have morning classes.... to bad i have class mon-thur from morning till 2 PM
Old 09-08-2008, 05:47 AM
Scion Kreationz
SL Member

i emailed u ....so we shall see whut happens

thanks again
Old 09-08-2008, 06:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

OMG Jeff, If I didn't have school, I would be ALL OVER this job!! =[ Keep the position open til March, when I finish...please! haha
Old 09-08-2008, 06:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

Hi hows it going? I am a current student at UTI and i am actually enrolled in a service writing class. Your description of the job title seems similar to it but not quite.I am a evening student so 8am-5pm would be perfect hours for me to work. I'll PM you so i can give you all my information and go from there. Very interested.
Thank you,
Joseph Aguilar.
Old 09-08-2008, 03:55 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sounds good everyone. I've received a few resumes already and they have been forwarded to the interviewing manager. Please note, I'm not hiring and this position has nothing to do with my position of posting on ScionLife all day

Wes... LOL@YOU - There probably will be an opening around that time though. The guys currently working the position (all referred by me) have been moving out of there and into higher positions fairly quickly (about 1.5 years).

BFD: It's the other end of service writing. In this position, it's a good primer for becoming a service writer. You learning how to properly explain performed work and get a feel for the typical "things go wrong at this mileage/season" items too, haha. ASM positions are rare right now though.
Old 09-08-2008, 11:22 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Just FYI: we'll be accepting resumes until Friday @ 12 noon PST.

There are some nice perks if you plan to work @ Lexus long term ;)
Old 09-09-2008, 09:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

Originally Posted by xravexboix
Sounds good everyone. I've received a few resumes already and they have been forwarded to the interviewing manager. Please note, I'm not hiring and this position has nothing to do with my position of posting on ScionLife all day

Wes... LOL@YOU - There probably will be an opening around that time though. The guys currently working the position (all referred by me) have been moving out of there and into higher positions fairly quickly (about 1.5 years).

BFD: It's the other end of service writing. In this position, it's a good primer for becoming a service writer. You learning how to properly explain performed work and get a feel for the typical "things go wrong at this mileage/season" items too, haha. ASM positions are rare right now though.

Yeah im going submit my resume, in 2 weeks i will be certified. I have no experience in the field with it tho. So this would help out with the learning process.
Old 09-09-2008, 09:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

BFDBOX FTW! I recommend Joseph and Cheddar aka Greg Pruitt will back me up on it.