SL Member

man that sucks

i got pulled over for my turbo, gotta go see state ref =[
Old 04-20-2006, 03:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

that sux like hell...

ive been pulled over before for my taillights, the STOCK tyc's, showed him that little card they gave me, and he just let me go
Old 04-20-2006, 04:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by taek
man that sucks

i got pulled over for my turbo, gotta go see state ref =[
ouch

yeah i was going to b1tch about why his giving me a citation for license plate covers even tho its see thru and not even black. that or tick him off and make me pop my hood.
Old 04-20-2006, 04:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

oh yeah this time its my bad since its uphill and merging and I dint look far enough behind for the popo!
Old 04-20-2006, 04:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

what was his reason to pull you over? your car looks completely stock except for the muffler, but i mean did he really pull you over just for that? or was it because you were trying to draw attention
Old 04-20-2006, 04:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by blackonblacktc
what was his reason to pull you over? your car looks completely stock except for the muffler, but i mean did he really pull you over just for that? or was it because you were trying to draw attention
my exhaust is loud

if your coming from the 71n going to 210w, its uphill.

im just debating to get rid of it, go back to stock until i get another itch. its a great exhaust since zippy used thick pipe and good welds. its also dyno proven(from my recent dyno)
Old 04-20-2006, 05:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

With a loud exhaust is it bound to happen sooner or later. So was it a fine or fix it ticket?
Old 04-20-2006, 05:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by B2FiNiTY
With a loud exhaust is it bound to happen sooner or later. So was it a fine or fix it ticket?
honestly i could care less what it is, its still in my car. yeah your right, its bound to happen anytime soon. my gf was freaking out while i was taking pictures.
Old 04-20-2006, 05:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...asc&highlight=

one of the culprit
Old 04-20-2006, 06:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Don't worry Tikbhoy your not the only one. I got one tonight too, I was going to meet Kirby at In-n-Out and the officer pulled me over for speeding. 40mph in a 30 zone. Where he pulled me over i could see the restuarant. So close yet so far away. This is my first ticket ever too. I usually am a good driver, and watch my speed. The one time i'm not...dang. Like b2nfinty said it is bound to happen. Now i have to go to court, pay the fine, and do traffic school.
Old 04-20-2006, 06:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

its all good, things happen, he's just lucky he didnt have to pop his hood, that would suck to take headers off with a S/C in it.

and that really sux, seein as how is car looks completely stock.

and dude, you painted the wrong parts of the exhaust black, most paint the muffler black and leave the piping polished..
Old 04-20-2006, 06:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by blackonblacktc
its all good, things happen, he's just lucky he didnt have to pop his hood, that would suck to take headers off with a S/C in it.

and that really sux, seein as how is car looks completely stock.

and dude, you painted the wrong parts of the exhaust black, most paint the muffler black and leave the piping polished..
stainless steel isnt supposed to rust but in due time they do. you cant paint on top of chrome because its a waste and it will chip off. its high heat exhaust ceramic paint.

i told you my style is different.
Old 04-20-2006, 06:55 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

this thread is really making me think about buying a radar. my neighbor has one in his porsche cayenne and he said that he hasnt gotten a ticket ever since he bought it
Old 04-20-2006, 06:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

radars do nothing but detect radar guns...if a cop is behind you it doesnt necessarily mean the radar will go off, save your money and just drive normal
Old 04-20-2006, 07:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by julez007
this thread is really making me think about buying a radar. my neighbor has one in his porsche cayenne and he said that he hasnt gotten a ticket ever since he bought it
ditto with black

it will just give you more reason on confidence to disobey the law. the amount you pay for a good detector would probly equal the price of your ticket tho some company offer to pay it.
Old 04-20-2006, 07:01 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Suprized he didnt nail you for your headlights...i got nailed by one stupid cop that said his pet peve is blue lights....so he gave me a fix it to change all my turn signals and headlights....put them all back on the next day....it was in upland....watch out cops there are RETARTED!! LOL
Old 04-20-2006, 07:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by hXcdi3hard
Suprized he didnt nail you for your headlights...i got nailed by one stupid cop that said his pet peve is blue lights....so he gave me a fix it to change all my turn signals and headlights....put them all back on the next day....it was in upland....watch out cops there are RETARTED!! LOL
it happen 1130am

im just happy he dint pop the hood.

i would have said all that parts is part of the TRD kit, " look at the carb sticker "

my HIDs are white, its not even blue at all. pictures are weird.
Old 04-20-2006, 08:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by tikbhoy
Originally Posted by julez007
ditto with black

it will just give you more reason on confidence to disobey the law. the amount you pay for a good detector would probly equal the price of your ticket tho some company offer to pay it.
I disagree. I love my radar detector and who cares about BS "laws" that were created to control people for no reason. You knew your exhaust wasn't CARB legal and it obviously was a modification....what was your confidence to disobey the law then?

My radar detector has saved me at least 7 times that I can remember in the past 4 months. I'm asian and I can't stand the way my race drives. I wish to shoot them all and get them the hell off the road. 55 in a 65 while in the left lane with no traffic should be a felony for being a moron. All the while their speed is fluctuating from 50 to 65 seemingly attempting to stay in the blind spot of the person driving in the next lane over so that no one can pass.

I cut these morons off hard and literally stop to 0 mph on the freeway just to free traffic up again (or slow down enough to make them merge and speed up right when they get over).

Anyway, if I'm not driving 75 on the freeway, I'm not driving fast enough. The majority of the time there's traffic for no reason....it's funny that traffic seems to slow down the most in areas like Garden Grove, Brea/Diamond Bar, Cerritos (all in CA). If you're in CA and know of these cities, you can probably put two and two together.

75mph is not that "fast"...the point is that people need to be aware of their surroundings and get the hell out of the damn way. People need to stop being so damn chicken **** and speed up 5 mph when they notice that they're slowing down traffic so that they can get in front of the person driving along side them. Instead, these morons with licenses continue to repeatedly check their rear-view worried taht the person behind them is starting to ride close to their back end and trying to figure out how they're going to get in front of the car next to them.

I don't enjoy driving in a pack of 20 cars traveling the same speed with everyone convieniently driving in each other's blind spots so that no one can pass. I also don't enjoy driving behind a person that is going the speed limit but has to brake at EVERYTHING. Like the red light 2 blocks up or that plastic bag that just flew into the street. That to me is 1000 times more dangerous than going 10 mph faster than the flow of traffic. It's obvious the idiot does not know how to drive with enough confidence that they're not going to run into something that's 200 ft away travelling in the same direction.

These morons with thier unpredictable driving habits are the real cause of accidents and traffic. It's like a Nascar race where one of the drivers is about to run into a piece of tire and instead of just running the damn thing over, he decides to slow everyone else behind him down b/c he got scared it would cause his engine to blow up.

I dont' use my radar detector to break the law. I break the law because people are morons and need to get the hell out of the way....I use my radar detector more as a safeguard against that cop up the road that is about to make my day a really bad one.

Not only that, but I would much rather pay $300 once than paying anywhere from $100-$300, going to court, dealing with insurance premium adjustments, etc. on what could possibly multiple occassions. My radar detector was the single best mod that I have ever invested in. How can a mod that could help you save money be a waste?

P.S. Goodness I just realized I went off for a while there. Gotta love 4/20/06
Old 04-20-2006, 08:51 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Man that sux. Sorry to hear it.

Quick Reply: It finally happened, thank you CHP