Notices
Regional - Pacific South CA, NV

Getting the run-around at Toyota of Orange?

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2007, 10:40 PM
SL Member

Default Getting the run-around at Toyota of Orange?

So Friday I got talked in to calling Toyota of Orange. I talked to Tony Bonilla. He seemed real cool, answered my questions (thinking about trading in, but have 2 payments left on my truck). He asked a few questions, ran my credit, and called me back in about 4 minutes. He told me to get down that night, and we'd make it happen. I told him I didn't want to drive down and waste his time and mine. He assured me he'd make it happen.

So I get down there and he says the bank is closed, come back on Monday. No offers to check out the inventory, the variety, the available options, nothing. Not even an offer to go on a test drive.

So I go back today. I went in about 1, since he works 12-8. I had to take a paystub in for him, and I wanted to make this happen, since he swore we could do it Friday. So, the lady at the desk calls him. He calls back, tells me to hang on for one second. Another guy comes out, gets my paystub, disappears for about 5 minutes, comes back and says Tony will call me.

I thought people wanted to sell cars. I mean, if dude's busy, hook me up with another sales associate. Or is just me?

Anyone else had similar issues? I heard so many good things about Toyota of Orange, and I'm just terribly disappointed. What do you guys think?
Old 07-30-2007, 11:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Always follow your gut. The great thing about Scions is that there are dealerships everywhere.
Old 07-30-2007, 11:13 PM
SL Member

Yeah, true that. I just don't get it. Sell me a car or tell me to hit the bricks. It's pretty easy.

Any good dealers in the OC area?
Old 07-30-2007, 11:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Did you get a lemon? hahah, jk jk!

Anyway, theres a little thing called pure pricing. Why go to toyota of orange? I know a few owners of car dealerships, (chevy, honda, ford) and theres no such thing as the "bank being closed". Thats bs. Take your business somewhere else. There are tons of dealerships here in So Cal!

ps: if you really want to stick it to him. Write a nice little letter to the sales manager explaining why you didnt buy from toyota of orange...
Old 07-31-2007, 05:12 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default .

if your looking for a scion,let me know and i will send you to our sponser quality scion. they will take care of you there. let me know and i can set it up for you...
Old 07-31-2007, 05:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by xIxAMxHOLLYWOODx
Did you get a lemon? hahah, jk jk!

Anyway, theres a little thing called pure pricing. Why go to toyota of orange? I know a few owners of car dealerships, (chevy, honda, ford) and theres no such thing as the "bank being closed". Thats bs. Take your business somewhere else. There are tons of dealerships here in So Cal!

ps: if you really want to stick it to him. Write a nice little letter to the sales manager explaining why you didnt buy from toyota of orange...
Correction: There is INDEED a such thing as "banks bieng closed". If the credit needs to be submitted and coaxed for a buy with a lender they need to be able to do that. If it is after business hours then yes they can't do the deal because the banks are closed. It is indeed a legitimate situation just in this case more of a run around.
Old 07-31-2007, 06:19 PM
SL Member

So I called him yesterday a half hour before he was supposed to get off work. I figured since he didn't call like he said he would, I'd call him. The same routine. "Come in tomorrow, pick up your car then."

He hasn't shown me any cars, hasn't taken me for a test drive, hasn't asked what options I want.... What car am I supposed to pick up? Sheesh.
Old 07-31-2007, 06:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Just move on. Why buy from them? I normally can't get dealerships to stop calling me once I've shown interest. They call in 2 hour increments it seems starting at 9 am.
Old 07-31-2007, 06:27 PM
Banned
SL Member

go another dealer. unless that one is one you prefer... but i would go to another dealer.
Old 07-31-2007, 09:14 PM
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

Go to another dealer man. I got my scion from the same guy. Not to happy with the outcome, though i do love the car.
Old 07-31-2007, 09:25 PM

I purchased my tc at nine o clock at night (dealer stays open untill 12). Wasn't real wanting to buy the tC yet but he did it under 2 hrs. So goto another dealership.
Old 07-31-2007, 09:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by 08tC5spd
I purchased my tc at nine o clock at night (dealer stays open untill 12). Wasn't real wanting to buy the tC yet but he did it under 2 hrs. So goto another dealership.
This is what im talking about, if the dealership wants to sell you a car, they will. Doesnt matter what time!
Old 08-01-2007, 01:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by xIxAMxHOLLYWOODx
Originally Posted by 08tC5spd
This is what im talking about, if the dealership wants to sell you a car, they will. Doesnt matter what time!
Yup same thing with me. I bought my car at around 10'o clock at night and they never told me the bank was closed. They just said put a down payment and whoosh I was off and driving the car home.