Notices
Regional - Pacific South CA, NV

help with THREE tint tickets in a month!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2006, 07:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

Default help with THREE tint tickets in a month!!

ok soo.. not even a month ago, i was pulled over for my tint.. TWICE in a week.

i didnt really worry too much. i was planning on removing the tint, and getting both of em signed off at once. both of my court dates are not till march.

BUT..

earlier tonight i got pulled over AGAIN. for the same thing.. i tried showing him the other two citations hoping he'd cut me some slack but he ended up citing me for vc 24004, FAILURE TO COMPLY. (on top of another tint citation)

i read up on it, and its gonna add a point to my record! i cant afford that! i'm already at 2 points, with one that im going to court for, PLUS this one! thats 4 points total, which equals a suspended license!.. someone help. theres no way im gonna get my license suspended over TINTED WINDOWS!
Old 01-25-2006, 08:11 AM
5 Year Member

dude how dark is your tint
i have 30 front and 5 rear, sorry im not much of a help but... i think my front windows are too dark
Old 01-25-2006, 08:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

uh ok you planned to remove the tint but you didn't.... wow, you deserve to get those tickets. clearly when they gave you tickets and you still didn't go take it off. it doesn't take long to take off.
Old 01-25-2006, 08:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If you weren't due to appear yet, I don't see how he could have written you up for failure to comply. I don't see how you failed to comply if you're not due to appear until March. The is definitely worth appealing to a judge or the court.
Old 01-25-2006, 09:05 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I would say it can go both ways and I see both points. One you are innocent until proven guilty, so they need to wait till the court date to determine if the tint is illegal.

two, you were caught twice so obviously the tint is illegal so you should have removed it to not risk further problems.

So I guess the answer is, what is your tint? What do they allow? Why didnt you remove it after the first ticket?
Old 01-25-2006, 09:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Just take the tint off for good.
If you have that much bad luck being pulled over it should've occured to you earlier.
Stop breaking the law?lol
Old 01-25-2006, 09:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Were the tickets all from the same municipality? If so, you might could call the head mountie and explain that you assumed you had until March to have the tint removed and you don't see how you have failed to comply with something that wasn't due yet. Remember to act all innocent and crap.

Make an appointment to have the tint removed and tell them you have it scheduled.
Begging is not out of the question...

Good luck.

It sure is nice to know that all the murders and robberies have been solved so the locals can worry about tint.
Old 01-25-2006, 09:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Oldmanatee is so wise.

In Cali, it is illiegal to tint the front driver and passenger side windows. Most cops will let you go if you show them that you already have a ticket for the violation. They'll just find something else on your ride that they don't like and ticket you for that.

It doesn't make sense that you were given a failure to comply when you have another month to.....comply.

Good luck with it.
Old 01-26-2006, 05:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

hey guys, i have 5% tint all around. in cali, ANY % tint on the front windows is illegal, so i just roll with 5%. i mean.. if i a cop wants you for tint, hes gonna get you for tint. doesnt matter if its light, medium or limo.

buttt.. thats not what im so ____ed about. a 'fix-it' ticket has a due date on purpose. to allow you time to fix-it.. right?! at least thats how i thought it was supposed to be. i HAD an appt. to get em taken off at my tint shop. theyre cool and take it off, and reapply it a week later for like 40 bucks. i just havent had time to make it out there. i wasnt in any hurry because the proof of correction isnt due until march!

i actually spoke to someone about it today and he said if i remove the tint, get the tickets signed off, then bring it to court, theyll most likely drop the 'failure to comply' ill let u guys know how it went. thanx.
Old 01-26-2006, 05:20 AM
Banned
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

Let me know how it works out.
Old 01-26-2006, 07:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

wow 5% all around and you seriously think a cop was going to let you go? sorry dude that is too dark. if no one has them that dark, what makes you think its ok to have that? totally illegal. i mean with a 35% its already dark and some cops are ok with it. ANY cop that sees 5% will pull you over. They have a law against it for a reason. who knows what the driver can have. i've seen cops bust windows because they can't see what suspects are doing
Old 01-26-2006, 09:42 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by tC562
hey guys, i have 5% tint all around. in cali, ANY % tint on the front windows is illegal, so i just roll with 5%. i mean.. if i a cop wants you for tint, hes gonna get you for tint. doesnt matter if its light, medium or limo.

buttt.. thats not what im so ____ed about. a 'fix-it' ticket has a due date on purpose. to allow you time to fix-it.. right?! at least thats how i thought it was supposed to be. i HAD an appt. to get em taken off at my tint shop. theyre cool and take it off, and reapply it a week later for like 40 bucks. i just havent had time to make it out there. i wasnt in any hurry because the proof of correction isnt due until march!

i actually spoke to someone about it today and he said if i remove the tint, get the tickets signed off, then bring it to court, theyll most likely drop the 'failure to comply' ill let u guys know how it went. thanx.
Sorry but you are trying to beat the system. You deserve the tickets. I am no preacher of dont street race, dont break the laws.. But if I do something wrong, I will own up to it. I wont try and beat the system and blame them for it.

Yes you had time to take it off. But common sense says if your in the wrong, man up and fix it.
Old 01-26-2006, 12:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I would seriously reconsider putting it back on.. cause if they get you again after you get 3 signed off, you are going to have a seriously ____ed off cop. I'd hate to hear about how you must have bumped your head getting into the cruiser.........repeatedly.
Old 01-27-2006, 05:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

dang, cmon guys. i wouldve thought this forum would have a little more understanding. being car enthusiests and all..

yea, i have an illegal mod, like 90% of this board does. in cali, most mods are illegal. from CAI's to no front license plates. you can get cited for anything! big deal.. you fix it, get signed off, then slap it back on. thats just how we californians have to get around things. and if thats called working the system, then i guess i am. if i wanted to stay 100% legal, id have to be driving a bone stock tc.

this is buggin me because i was given an appearance date for a reason. to allow time to get it fixed.. whether its a week or a month, why would they give me till march.. then write me another ticket a week later?

as far as owning up to tickets i get, i do. i have tint, i know the consequences, i pay the fee, the price of taking it off, and the price of putting it back on. ive actually been cited twice before these 3 and both times, i removed my tint only to get my ticket signed off and tint reapplied a week later. i understand my tint is illegal, and i pay the price of having it. my car is just not the same without it. im in no way contesting the fact that my tint shouldnt be ticketed. yes, i do deserve the correctable violation. im arguing the fact that a 'failure to comply' shouldnt be given to me if im clearly given over 2 months to - comply.

errrrrrr.. either way, ill let u know how it goes.

btw, heres my ride.

Old 01-27-2006, 08:10 AM
Banned
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

You were at the Kickoff weren't you?
Old 01-27-2006, 12:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

562, you got a great looking ride there... and I can see your point. Yeah, most of us here have done a few illegal things in our lives, but, I'd still take the tint off and leave it off for at least a little while. It sounds like the cops have a hard on to bust all you tint scofflaws this season.....If they call up your ticket history, they might get nasty.

However, that car would not look good without some amount of tint....
Old 01-27-2006, 12:37 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I agree it looks good with the tint. But it gets to the point that you are breaking the law for the same thing to any times. Its called repeat offender.
Old 01-27-2006, 02:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Nice ride... But it would look just as nice with 20% or 35% tint. I live in Cali and have rocked front windows with lighter tint for 8 years with no tickets. Having 5% up front in Cali is just a slap in the face to the tint law, and cops will punish you.

And yes, I have been ticketed for loud exhaust, and BEFORE the due date to comply I too have received ANOTHER fix it ticket for the same thing. Until you fix it cops can ticket you every day. It sucks, but that's how it is.

-THE DON
Old 01-27-2006, 02:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

But DON, isn't the "Failure to Comply" out of line?
I can see the extra tickets, I mean if the cop wanted to, he could ring you up, follow you down the street and ring you up again if he wanted to be a d*ck...
Old 01-27-2006, 03:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by oldmanatee
But DON, isn't the "Failure to Comply" out of line?
I can see the extra tickets, I mean if the cop wanted to, he could ring you up, follow you down the street and ring you up again if he wanted to be a d*ck...
Yes... That one he should definitely fight. The cop probably WAS being a d*ck right there.

But in Cali you gotta know these things. This guy already said he gets tickets all the time, fixes it, and puts the stuff right back on. Maybe the cop knows about his past tickets or something. Or maybe he gave the cop a bad attitude when he got pulled over. Bottom line is, his problems will go away once he simply peels off his illegal tint. And if he puts it back on (which it sounds like he plans to do) he'll get pulled over again.

-THE DON

Quick Reply: help with THREE tint tickets in a month!!