Notices
Regional - Pacific South CA, NV

help with THREE tint tickets in a month!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2006, 04:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

my daughter just got 35% tint on her FM tC, and it made it look like a completely different car... What is legal out there?
Old 01-27-2006, 04:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Cali tint law is basically:

NO TINT front driver/passenger
Any in the rear

Seems pretty fair. And most people can get away with light tint up front, but rocking 5% is just SO obvious!

-THE DON
Old 01-27-2006, 05:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by squirrel
You were at the Kickoff weren't you?
yea, i was at the kickoff.. you were there too huh? everytime i asked someone who "squirrel" was, they couldnt find you at the time or somethin. hah..

yenno, after reading these posts.. i think im going to try a lighter tint this time. its hard cuz i just love how my windows blend so well with the body panels.. so clean, so sleek! but.. yea, im hardheaded as you guys can tell and its taking 3 tickets in a month to even start considering a change.

btw.. i just got my interior done, maybe i should start showing it off! haha..

thanx guys.
Old 01-27-2006, 05:55 PM
Banned
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

Yep, I was there. At first wearing a Michael's Mufflers t-shirt, then when it warmed up a bit, I put on my bBist shirt and pretty much was hanging around Steve's booth during the last part of the event.

Nice interior BTW!

I'll be down on Mar 11th for sure, maybe sooner.
Old 01-27-2006, 06:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ehh gald i dont live in cali!
Old 01-27-2006, 07:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Definately show it off!!!
Old 01-27-2006, 11:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thats like getting a speeding ticket, a week later STILL speeding and arguing that you're already going to court for the first speeding offense ..its a no brainer...
Old 01-28-2006, 03:07 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

well how bout getting a fix it for exhaust on sat and then getting a ticket for tint on friday. hahahaha this happened to me
Old 01-28-2006, 03:22 AM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thats like getting a speeding ticket, a week later STILL speeding and arguing that you're already going to court for the first speeding offense ..its a no brainer...
Old 01-28-2006, 05:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team XcelsiA
SL Member

Why not drive with the windows down?? how are they giong to know that their tinted..

Like this.....

Old 01-28-2006, 05:34 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

it was still cold this morning on the 55. to top it off the dick was on the shoulder and pulled out just to get me
Old 01-28-2006, 06:29 AM
Banned
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

Geez, peeps upset w/ the Police.

They are doing a job like others do their job. You know that any mod to a vehicle that is not an OEM replacement is a violation, yet everyone does it. Some get caught and some don't.

Just remember, if you were to get robbed or carjackd, who are you going to call?

Granted, some Officers give Police a bad name, but not all have a bad attitude, were beat up in high school, or are out to make a name for themself.

I became a Police Officer to help people, and put those in jail who need to be in jail, in jail. And to help those who are in need of help, and to keep Parolees and those on Probation, in check.

If you had pride in the job that you did, and you heard others bad mouthing it, how would you feel?

Plus I have fun being on call-outs and driving Code 3!
Old 01-28-2006, 06:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team XcelsiA
SL Member

I Agree.. Why people fear and hate who we pay to protect us?, then the one we should??..

The way I see it The police force and Firemen are our forgotten heroes we take them for granted until we need them... but this is the way I see it... thank them for the days that you did get robbed or stopping those crazy fires.

Come on!!!! I know I gotten a lot of tickets and yeah its for mods... but I know that they're just doing their job, when I get pull over I just do what they tell me to do and speak if they ask me a question. Don't run your mouth that just sets them off specially if they're having a bad day (just like everyone else)

I can go on about this.. just get the tint off and chill for a while.. I recommend to take of the decalsl too..
Old 01-28-2006, 06:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Scion Evolution

actually the WINDSHIELD and FRONT WINDOWS can be tinted 85% (UV tint)

many people get away with tint

so stop flaming this guy

i know a TON of cars not to mention SCIONS with tint and a lot with 5%.

anyways back on topic.
ahhh 3 tint tickets in 1 month....

mayb next time you shoud get a lighter tint because with ur DARK car, 5% sticks out and more PRONE to get pulled over.

i dunno wat to do about them tickets...
Old 01-28-2006, 07:49 AM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Skippy, I've seen a lot of people shoplift, too...
Doesn't make it right...
Just probably haven't been caught yet,
or weren't punished enough to get their attention.
I see people speed a lot, too.
And make illegal turns.
I've even seem quite a few accidents.
Just because a lot do it doesn't make it right.
Not even close.
If it is unlawful to do something, I DO NOT want to hear constant whining from people getting tickets for doing it.
I really don't.
The objective is to help you learn that your actions break the law.
The hope is that you will stop.
If the fines aren't big enough to train you, they should get bigger with repeated violations.
The fines should escalate.
Get stopped for 5% tint on your front side windows, get told to take it off.
Get stopped for it again, $100.
Third time, $500.
Fourth time, confiscation.
If you can't learn, you can't learn.
Once you've proved you can't follow the rules, take the toy away.
Trust me, you wouldn't want me making the rules.
Or enforcing them.
I fail to understand the 'sense of entitlement' that makes some people think that it is 'cool' for them to break the law.
Repeatedly.
They can't be that stupid, can they?
Do they just feel the laws don't apply to them?
Do they feel thay are above the laws?
Do they really have a justification for doing something contrary to law that is better than "I just wanted to do it?"
Whatever.
The constant whining is tiresome.
Old 01-29-2006, 05:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

sorry dude, when you get a ticket, you have to fix it ASAP. they give you a date like a deadline and continue to do it. just like the other example of speeding. you get a ticket for speeding and then you get a court date. does it mean you can continue speeding until the court date? i don't think so.
Old 02-15-2006, 04:59 AM
Banned
SL Member

yea i have 35 percent, i mean i wish i has 5, but i knew it would be too problematic, cuz it sticks out alot, esp with our huge front windows. go 20 or 35, prolly 20
Old 02-15-2006, 05:06 AM
Banned
SL Member

Just take the tint off and make your court appearances. Have a written appointment for your tint to be removed.
Tell the judge. Your an idiot and didnt want to ruin your windows taking off the professionally installed tint "nudge nudge wink wink" and that at the time you were waiting for your appointment to get it removed. He will probably throw them out or reduce it. Just make sure you make your court appearances.

I want to tint my car. In wisconsin the law states 50% front windows 35 rear side and you can spray paint the back as long as you haave 2 side mirrors. You can even use metallic tint. So i go to a tint shop. He doesnt have mirror so he tells me its illegal so I call the local cop shop. And they tell me all tint is illegal unless the factory did it, and if i tint my windows its probable cause to search my car
So to avoid any hassles Im just not going to tint
Old 02-15-2006, 05:27 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by Duker
Just take the tint off and make your court appearances. Have a written appointment for your tint to be removed.
Tell the judge. Your an idiot and didnt want to ruin your windows taking off the professionally installed tint "nudge nudge wink wink" and that at the time you were waiting for your appointment to get it removed. He will probably throw them out or reduce it. Just make sure you make your court appearances.
So your telling him to lie??

Excelent example to set. He knows what he did was wrong and didnt care. he didnt have the intentions of removing it. HE NEEDS TO PAY.

I agree with Thomas. There are laws for a reason. If he cant MAN UP and pay the price, then he doesnt deserve to drive.
Old 02-15-2006, 09:10 AM
Banned
SL Member

Man up to what? Higher insurance premiums, loss of license.
Like cops dont lie? Police told me having tint on my car was probable cause to search my vehicle. A big WTF? Yeah there are laws for a reason, and sometimes there are laws for no good reasons. Tell me who mans up when a police officer lies about the reasons for a stop? Was he pulled over for tint or was he pulled over because a police officer couldnt satisfy his curiosity about who was inside the car? Tell me who was manning up at the local police station when the desk sergent told me that no tint at all was allowed when in fact Wi law says I can have it? Yeppers im telling him to Lie lie like a rug.

Quick Reply: help with THREE tint tickets in a month!!