Notices
Regional - Pacific South CA, NV

help with THREE tint tickets in a month!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2006, 09:19 AM
Banned
SL Member

PREACH ON!!!
Old 02-15-2006, 09:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by tC562
Originally Posted by squirrel
You were at the Kickoff weren't you?
yea, i was at the kickoff.. you were there too huh? everytime i asked someone who "squirrel" was, they couldnt find you at the time or somethin. hah..

yenno, after reading these posts.. i think im going to try a lighter tint this time. its hard cuz i just love how my windows blend so well with the body panels.. so clean, so sleek! but.. yea, im hardheaded as you guys can tell and its taking 3 tickets in a month to even start considering a change.

btw.. i just got my interior done, maybe i should start showing it off! haha..

thanx guys.
But seriously man, I would have towed your car if i was the popo. Reason being first of all its illegal in Cali to have any tint except the clear UV film on the fronts. And your "bold" enough to drive around at night with 5% on? Wow. With 5% its a serious danger not only to yourself but to others on the road/pedestrians and any else you might come across.

I am not so innocent myself, but I just "push" the limit. I have maybe 40% up front and its like a light grey. Backs are 15%. I never get hassled for my tints. I guess there is a smart method and a stupid way to do it. Be smart about it next time.
Old 02-15-2006, 03:32 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by Duker
Man up to what? Higher insurance premiums, loss of license.
Like cops dont lie? Police told me having tint on my car was probable cause to search my vehicle. A big WTF? Yeah there are laws for a reason, and sometimes there are laws for no good reasons. Tell me who mans up when a police officer lies about the reasons for a stop? Was he pulled over for tint or was he pulled over because a police officer couldnt satisfy his curiosity about who was inside the car? Tell me who was manning up at the local police station when the desk sergent told me that no tint at all was allowed when in fact Wi law says I can have it? Yeppers im telling him to Lie lie like a rug.
Ok but his situation was not your situation. The cop didnt lie to him.

To MAN UP is to face responsibility. He was told multiple times by cops to take it off. He didnt listen. He obviously has no respect for the authority. Now he must pay.

Dont confuse your situation with his.
Old 02-15-2006, 03:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Help with 3 tickets in a month? Yeah, I'll help. I'll write a letter to California's state legislature asking them to raise the fine on tinted windows. Its obviously too low to make people learn on the first or even second violation...
Old 02-15-2006, 04:10 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I think that you are making a good decision to lighten up the tint, there is reasonable tint on the front windows that most cops wont get you for, The whole thing with that is you have to be able to see your side mirror clearly. I mean I have seen people with only half the window tinted at a diagonal angle, the largest part by you and the thinnest down by the mirror \ at that angle but with your rep, I would stray away from super dark in general. As for fighting... only 3% of ticketed people fight their tickets. That is how the city gets their money, that is their income. If most people would fight, they would find that they would either get it dismissed, um have their fine lessened, they most of the time give you some break. I went into court to fight a tix once, the cop showed up and I won my case. You wanna know what for...running a stop sign. It is worth it to fight. But don't be a punk, dress nice, dont have your pants hanging below your a**, Always say yes maam, no maam, etc, be as disgustingly polite as you have ever been in your life. if they ask why your window are so dark, tell them something like it wins you trophies and its your passion if he/she gives you a chance to talk talk about it like it's the greatest thing on earth and it keeps you away from doing drugs and making bad choices. they want to hear those things and if they can help prevent you from doing drugs, not to say you do (cause they can't tax on drugs and it makes them no money) they will lean in your favor for it. It always works for me. and I am one of those "if I am wrong, write me a tix" or "if you write me a tix and you are wrong, I'll see you in court" But do yourself a favor and just leave it off for a bit and then put some on but definetly a lot lighter like 35% you don't want to keep getting in trouble. My fiance says when he gets his xb he is gonna black out the windows but he's got another thing commin, just take care of it, it will still look good with lighter, it will keep you out of trouble and come on, limo tint or not, you still have a pretty sleek lookin car, and lighter tint isn't gonna change that.
Old 02-15-2006, 05:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

Originally Posted by tC562
dang, cmon guys. i wouldve thought this forum would have a little more understanding. being car enthusiests and all..

yea, i have an illegal mod, like 90% of this board does. in cali, most mods are illegal. from CAI's to no front license plates. you can get cited for anything! big deal.. you fix it, get signed off, then slap it back on. thats just how we californians have to get around things. and if thats called working the system, then i guess i am. if i wanted to stay 100% legal, id have to be driving a bone stock tc.
I just want to stick up for Californians and say that not all of us are like this guy. Most of us are able the mod our cars without breaking the law. Reputable aftermarket dealers have parts available for all 50 states. If they take your license just know that you deserved it.
Old 02-15-2006, 06:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scionetics
SL Member

*KNOCK ON WOOD*

Thank god i live in AZ where the cops dont really bother you for tint cuz if you didnt have it you would melt and get 3rd degree burns on your steering wheel.

I have 5% all the way around which is still illegal here but normally you don't get busted for it unless they're looking for a reason to pull you over to look in your vehicle. I hope my luck holds out cuz it looks awesome and makes such a difference.

I already have about a 12 inch strip on my windshield but I'm been thinking about having the whole windshield tinted about 60% and then putting the 5% strip on the top still to make it darker and get rid of the glare while driving but it's already pretty dark inside my car..........opinions?

Old 02-15-2006, 07:27 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team N.V.S.

Holy sh** peeps dang! moving violations and car parts are two entirely different things. Cops are not stupid, letting off the throttle can be done instantly. Removing tint or a muffler takes a little longer than that. Ok when i had this prob i was told i have 30 days to remove the illegal part and tinting. Now that is Unless it was deemed unsafe to drive by the officer and he will let you know right then, in that case the cop can decide to tow your vehicle. now if i waited past that 30 day point then i would get a failure to comply and a point on would go my record. The court date is to settle as far as the fines and such and to make sure you complied with the law and went to the ref to check out and sign off on your car . I asked my friend that is a cop and he said that they DO NOT expect you to fix it the same night you get the violation, Or in even a week. They expect the fix to be done by a proffesional shop that will make your car legal. Maybe the cop jumped the gun and gave you that failure to comply premature, maybe you were being a d*ck to him for doin his job, heck he might have had a bad morning. And 5%!?! you were asking for a ticket bro sorry you knew it was coming, and your car looks like a target.... it attracts attention. Don't be stupid and put on the same dark tint, be realistic. Regardless we all have rules to follow you got caught be smart and fix and don't do it again. And most police i have met operate under the "spirit " of the law they will leave you alone as long as you are not all stupid and driving dumb or go drive on a full enforcement night in a certain part of town. And for the love of god don't do something so illegal that it is like a slap in the face of a cop.
Old 02-17-2006, 04:00 PM
5 Year Member

I got a fix-it-ticket for my tint (5%). The next night after i got the ticket i got pulled over again for the tint and i showed the cop my ticket and he just told me have a nice night.
Old 02-18-2006, 08:55 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

everyone here b!tches too much. leave it at be its his decision to have that dark of tint. leave him alone he decided to leave it on so leave it at that
Old 02-19-2006, 10:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by titosbluebox
everyone here b!tches too much. leave it at be its his decision to have that dark of tint. leave him alone he decided to leave it on so leave it at that
uh leave him alone? uh he come onto here and posted. we never asked him to post. but since he posted, its all FAIR GAME!
Old 02-19-2006, 11:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ABSxbOX
I think that you are making a good decision to lighten up the tint, there is reasonable tint on the front windows that most cops wont get you for, The whole thing with that is you have to be able to see your side mirror clearly. I mean I have seen people with only half the window tinted at a diagonal angle, the largest part by you and the thinnest down by the mirror \ at that angle but with your rep, I would stray away from super dark in general. As for fighting... only 3% of ticketed people fight their tickets. That is how the city gets their money, that is their income. If most people would fight, they would find that they would either get it dismissed, um have their fine lessened, they most of the time give you some break. I went into court to fight a tix once, the cop showed up and I won my case. You wanna know what for...running a stop sign. It is worth it to fight. But don't be a punk, dress nice, dont have your pants hanging below your a**, Always say yes maam, no maam, etc, be as disgustingly polite as you have ever been in your life. if they ask why your window are so dark, tell them something like it wins you trophies and its your passion if he/she gives you a chance to talk talk about it like it's the greatest thing on earth and it keeps you away from doing drugs and making bad choices. they want to hear those things and if they can help prevent you from doing drugs, not to say you do (cause they can't tax on drugs and it makes them no money) they will lean in your favor for it. It always works for me. and I am one of those "if I am wrong, write me a tix" or "if you write me a tix and you are wrong, I'll see you in court" But do yourself a favor and just leave it off for a bit and then put some on but definetly a lot lighter like 35% you don't want to keep getting in trouble. My fiance says when he gets his xb he is gonna black out the windows but he's got another thing commin, just take care of it, it will still look good with lighter, it will keep you out of trouble and come on, limo tint or not, you still have a pretty sleek lookin car, and lighter tint isn't gonna change that.
She put it the best. I bet you keep your fiance in line.

*whip cracking noise.
Old 02-19-2006, 12:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ABSxbOX
^ This is good advice. The only thing I would change is go easy on the smoke/B.S. These people hear it all the time and can see right through it. Look them in the eye and tell them you planned to remove it just have'nt had the time or money(whichever is true).

Plan B: Go postal and show them who's really boss!!!
(This is only an option and not a recommendation I take no responsibility for his actions)

Unless the judge is a total jack@$$ he's not going to take your license over tint. But then again I'm not from cali.
Old 02-20-2006, 04:18 PM
5 Year Member

Since i got my ticket i allready took care of it. I removed my tint about a week ago and payed the court the fix-it fines. $15 for the cop to look at it and $10 for filing fees. Yesterday i got my 5% put back on my driver/pasenger sides. I can't stand driving a car with no tint. It only cost me $30 for the tint shop to put it back on.