Notices
Regional - Pacific South CA, NV

ItsJDMYo Presents Power Preview

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2010, 03:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hmmm well I was going to stop by and show some support, chill a while. But maybe around 3:30. Will there be any parking for guests?
Old 04-23-2010, 03:27 AM

Originally Posted by night87
well how many parking spaces are reserved for the scions? Are you going to decide by who signed up first on this forums? b/c exact #'s can inform us much better than an estimate.
You got the list ^ so seems like you could decide who goes or not. If you're looking for specific cars w/ specific modifications, that would help us too to decide if we should go or not b/c the cars that show up, i think, are gonna be all modded out (flushed, tucked, twin turbo, etc. )
We have pretty much the front spot all plotted out and then the service bays we are going to pick and choose cars to park in there as we see them. So up front we have about 20-30 spots pretty much taken. And then theres more spots that wrap around the structure. That's our overflow I guess. Pretty much when we had the customer parking I wanted to put the bigger Scion crews up there but since they took that from us we're kinda screwed. But along the side of the structure I estimate theres a good 20-30 more spots. And we're not turning back cars depending on looks, just we might let the nicer cars park in the service entrance. We'll only be turning cars back if all spots are taken. But I would bring cars you want to best represent your crews.
Old 04-23-2010, 03:28 AM

Originally Posted by INFINI
Hmmm well I was going to stop by and show some support, chill a while. But maybe around 3:30. Will there be any parking for guests?
if you look like customer just park in the customer parking. I dont think they will trip too much. I mean they put us in this situation.
Old 04-23-2010, 03:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Heh maybe it's a great excuse to do a test drive or two
Old 04-23-2010, 10:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ill be there for sure to check the event out
Old 04-23-2010, 05:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ill be making it out there, hopfully there will be enough spots for Scions but even if there isn't we still going.
Old 04-23-2010, 09:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

goz u goin too dam ive been debating it but now im in for sure
Old 04-24-2010, 01:51 AM
5 Year Member
Team ScionTific
SL Member

Ill go check it out!
Old 04-26-2010, 06:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

Nice job by Billy and Tony...very cool meet..nice to see some of you all out there..
Old 04-26-2010, 07:02 PM

Thanks Nilo and thanks for coming out. All of you guys made this meet a huge success!
Old 04-27-2010, 12:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

just gotta say that this show was pretty awesome with all the high-end cars modded up. But i want to throw this out there for jdmyo. Appreciate for the food, raffles, etc., but a lot of scion owners were disappointed because of the favoritism that was showing toward the more expensive/high-end cars. Some people that I know are not even planning to go to the 2nd event because we felt pretty much excluded throughout the event. If you guys could pick at least some tC's or xB's that are worthy to be w/ those other cars, which I believe there were , that would be great and attract more scion owners.
Old 04-27-2010, 06:43 PM

just gotta say that this show was pretty awesome with all the high-end cars modded up. But i want to throw this out there for jdmyo. Appreciate for the food, raffles, etc., but a lot of scion owners were disappointed because of the favoritism that was showing toward the more expensive/high-end cars. Some people that I know are not even planning to go to the 2nd event because we felt pretty much excluded throughout the event. If you guys could pick at least some tC's or xB's that are worthy to be w/ those other cars, which I believe there were , that would be great and attract more scion owners.
I hear what you're saying but it all boils down to the short notice we got from Power to organize and throw this meet. The bays and parking in front of the bays were pretty much already reserved for people we knew and those that signed up in the other forums. As mentioned earlier I didn't really have any sign ups in this forum and I'm not blaming the scion guys but without really knowing who is coming its hard to organize the parking. And we wanted a mixture of cars in the bay and we already had about 3-4 spots reserved for BBsquad because they had personally contacted us so anymore open spots in the bay we were going to choose non scions as they came in. For Scion TC's we had no idea what TC's were coming either. And at the last minute we were able to open up more spots in the front so directions we gave to our parking staff was to have all Scion's up front since we figure you guys would roll in numbers. I figured that was better than having you guys go to the back like most of the other Toyota's and Lexus guys. I don't know if you guys noticed but it was a pretty crappy spot back there so at least I tried to accommodate the Scion community by putting you guys in a bigger open lot where you guys could park together as a team. Sorry the Scion guys felt left out but we did our best to accommodate everyone and keep the event organized in the short time we had. Power only confirmed this meet last Monday so that gave us about a week and this was our very first meet not to mention being the first meet I've personally every organized. So again I do apologize if the Scion community felt we showed more favoritism to the non Scions but we did do our best to accommodate everyone.

Tony
itsjdmyo.com

Last edited by itsjdmyotony; 04-27-2010 at 06:50 PM.
Old 04-27-2010, 10:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by itsjdmyotony
I hear what you're saying but it all boils down to the short notice we got from Power to organize and throw this meet. The bays and parking in front of the bays were pretty much already reserved for people we knew and those that signed up in the other forums. As mentioned earlier I didn't really have any sign ups in this forum and I'm not blaming the scion guys but without really knowing who is coming its hard to organize the parking. And we wanted a mixture of cars in the bay and we already had about 3-4 spots reserved for BBsquad because they had personally contacted us so anymore open spots in the bay we were going to choose non scions as they came in. For Scion TC's we had no idea what TC's were coming either. And at the last minute we were able to open up more spots in the front so directions we gave to our parking staff was to have all Scion's up front since we figure you guys would roll in numbers. I figured that was better than having you guys go to the back like most of the other Toyota's and Lexus guys. I don't know if you guys noticed but it was a pretty crappy spot back there so at least I tried to accommodate the Scion community by putting you guys in a bigger open lot where you guys could park together as a team. Sorry the Scion guys felt left out but we did our best to accommodate everyone and keep the event organized in the short time we had. Power only confirmed this meet last Monday so that gave us about a week and this was our very first meet not to mention being the first meet I've personally every organized. So again I do apologize if the Scion community felt we showed more favoritism to the non Scions but we did do our best to accommodate everyone.

Tony
itsjdmyo.com
ah~ icic so that's what was going on. Yea, i remember this event was a short notice so you guys did your best and I really appreciate it. Great show and looking forward to the second meet
Old 04-27-2010, 11:16 PM

ah~ icic so that's what was going on. Yea, i remember this event was a short notice so you guys did your best and I really appreciate it. Great show and looking forward to the second meet
No prob! we hope to bring bigger and better meets in the future. and the event coverage is up!

http://itsjdmyo.wordpress.com/2010/0...-the-coverage/
Old 04-28-2010, 04:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

Scion peeps gotta get over it....i can call myself an OG in the scion scene since 03, but i also own other Toyotas and different make cars as well as go to different meets...but peeps gotta stop with "Scioncentric" attitude..it was an all Toyota meet not a Scion only event..it makes the whole culture look almost too selfish and self centered...who the organizers want to show is up to them and no one else....JMO.
Old 04-28-2010, 05:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by XBBOY
Scion peeps gotta get over it....i can call myself an OG in the scion scene since 03, but i also own other Toyotas and different make cars as well as go to different meets...but peeps gotta stop with "Scioncentric" attitude..it was an all Toyota meet not a Scion only event..it makes the whole culture look almost too selfish and self centered...who the organizers want to show is up to them and no one else....JMO.
if you were responding to my thoughts, my opinion had nothing to do with scions that had to be in the spot or anything. just saying it would've been awesome if there were some tC's or other model cars where most people were at. nevertheless, the show was good and i enjoyed it by the way, was ur xB there? i don't know if i'm thinking of the right one, but it was sick! (meaning awesome )

Last edited by night87; 04-28-2010 at 06:30 PM.
Old 04-29-2010, 05:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

No worries man..I'm sure the next meets will get better...the first few are always trial and error..I'm sure some nice tC's will be well represented the next time...and no the xB wasn't there...it's was taken apart for a new look for this weekend..hope to see ya at REVUE if u can make it..Peace
Old 04-29-2010, 05:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by XBBOY
No worries man..I'm sure the next meets will get better...the first few are always trial and error..I'm sure some nice tC's will be well represented the next time...and no the xB wasn't there...it's was taken apart for a new look for this weekend..hope to see ya at REVUE if u can make it..Peace
thought it was the white one haha
see ya at the revue~