Regional - Pacific South CA, NV

Local FS/WTB thread??

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2007, 02:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Local FS/WTB thread??

hey everyone I was recently back on my old car forums and remembered that they have local fs/wtb stickies- I was figuring that it would be a god idea to have a local only FS and WTB thread that way every quarter its updated and we can make it easier for all of us to find and sell parts. Any other suggestions? Just thought id throw it out there- but I think it would be a great addition.
Old 08-15-2007, 02:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ANY fs/wtb posts need to be in the Classifieds. One option you could have though is a single local thread of links to those specific Classified threads. Not a thread of sale listings... if that makes sense.
Old 08-15-2007, 04:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i guess I didnt make it understandable.....when you go under this 'pacific south' forum, at the top stickied- there would be a LOCAL only FS/WTB thread....that way if someone wants to only sell something local they can post it up at the sticked thread at the top. That also alleviates not having to put a local buyers only under the one massive FS thread here. I never said that it doesnt stay out of the classifides, but would be much more feasable to have something in the regional forums only as well....if that makes sense, again.
Also a thread of sales listings?....thats what the classifides is already- a thread of sales listings, this just allows someone to sell only locally, and anyone wanting to buy something locally would know to come to their regional forum, and search for any new listings under the sticked thread at the top of said forum. If it still does not make any sense- then to go www.vwvortex.com and hit up a specific geographic region, then find the local classifides at the top and you will see what im talking about....
Old 08-15-2007, 11:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

But the classifieds rules state that even local stuff needs to be posted there (a few reasons). So you wouldn't be able to have a thread in a regional forum offering items for sale.

What I'm saying you could do is post a thread in the classifieds like normal... and state that it's local only, blah blah blah. Then, in the potentially sticky thread in your region, make a post that says "hey, I have a few things for sale in the classifieds, here's the link......." and then people would go to your classified thread to check it out.

I understand what you're saying and I'm saying you can't do it like that.
Old 08-15-2007, 04:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i like the idea of For Sale and WTB threads in the local forums. i've seen it done successfuly on other forums.

VWVortex, NASIOC, NewCelica, & Honda Tech have Socal WTB & For Sale threads, plus non-regional general sale threads for each model of car.
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zeroforum?id=92
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20
http://www.newcelica.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=27
http://www.hondamarketplace.com/zeroforum/59

I dont like how xA, xB, and tC sale threads are bunched together on ScionLife. I say get rid of the exterior, suspension, wheels, etc sub-categories and bunch them up by vehicle.
Old 08-15-2007, 04:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well part of the reason that we have a Classifieds section for this sort of thing is to somewhat control who can post things for sale. We get a LOT of people who come in and try to sell something in their first post and then don't ever become members of the community or participate or anything. So by having one forum for it, it's restricted to those in the SL Member group (automatically added after 50 posts).

Of course this is something that isn't anywhere near in my control. You'd be better off talking to Darren and/or Troy about it (the admins). They're the only ones that would end up making any sort of change like that.

As for the organization of the current classifieds... I can just say that it's a little better than just the ONE forum for all of those parts. It's at least divided into type of sale now... so that's a start.
Old 08-15-2007, 10:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

that sucks..cant even try to make a change for the better on the SL boards- vwvortex.com I say is the best example and has worked countless times. Im just tired of having to find local sales only- an "update" like that WOULD benefit the entire forum and the admins. should be notified at least about this, cuz it works and is very helpful!